    shame because I love the quality it produces, why does it do this, and
    how can I prevent this from happening.

    thank you Angie

    Angie, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Angie

    webmaster Guest

    Greetings,

    "Angie" <> wrote

    > I am new here, I have been reading you posts for a couple of weeks
    > now, and I am really surprised about epson printers, I have an epson
    > photo 830 model, and the print heads always block up,

    I have owned an Epson 600 for some years and never had any problem with it,
    I mainly used it for photos and graphics, I have had a second printer, HP's
    for many years for crisp text which the Epson range cannot fulfill.

    I now own a C80 which is again a superior printer for photos and graphics,
    but had a problem with 80gm paper jamming inside jamming under the print
    heads, causing me to dismantle the printer to remove this, but it still
    prints great.

    I run the occasional 4 colour print through to keep the heads from drying
    out.
    --
    Regards,

    Peter

    webmaster, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Angie

    bmoag Guest

    Epson printers are the standard for professionals for the simple reason that
    their output is the most photolike. The clogging can be prevented by always
    using Epson cartridges, shutting off the printer with its on/off switch and
    not indirectly. If you are going to print a photo and have not done so for a
    while use the Nozzle check utility first. The only clogging problem I ever
    had was when I tried a non-Epson cartridge.

    bmoag, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Angie

    Faolan Guest

    In the scrolls <> a Dark
    Angel named Adb1107 spoketh these words of doom:
    > Angie wrote
    >
    > >I have an epson
    > >photo 830 model, and the print heads always block up, granted I dont
    > >use it that often, but the amount of posts I have seen with this same
    > >problem is amazing, it makes me feel a bit more relaxed, I thought it
    > >was just mine that had the problem.

    > I'm always amazed at the number of posts about this too! I've had three Epson
    > printers over the last 10 years, and have never had problems like this. I have
    > always used them regularly, and perhaps this is the key, that they don't like
    > infrequent use?
    >
    > Andy

    I have a Epson 760 that I don't regular use, I do the occasional 'test'
    photo on it and the occasional document but never had any experiences
    with blockages. I have always used legitimate cartridges as I have seen
    too many problems associated with cheap/refillable cartridges in my job.

    Faolan, Aug 9, 2003