    First I knew about it was when I opened up mail regarding it this
    morning.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Apr 24, 2006

  2. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Mike MacNabb Guest

    texan wrote:

    > Anyone in NZ get the info on this lawsuit?

    Why is someone in Texas asking people in NZ about a lawsuit in
    California?

    > www.epsonsettlement.com

    All the info appears to be on the website.

    Mike MacNabb, Apr 24, 2006

  3. On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:41:32 -0700, Mike MacNabb wrote:

    > Why is someone in Texas asking people in NZ about a lawsuit in
    > California?

    Not to mention the fact that this class action is only for residents of
    the USA who purcahsed models of Epson printer that are available in the
    USA.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 25, 2006
  4. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Matty F Guest

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:

    > Anyone in NZ get the info on this lawsuit?
    >
    > www.epsonsettlement.com
    >
    > First I knew about it was when I opened up mail regarding it this
    > morning.

    It doesn't affect me, because as soon as I heard complaints of
    this nature about Epson I vowed that I would never buy one of
    their printers. There are plenty of other brands. It seems that
    manufacturers need to learn the hard way that it doesn't pay to
    cheat their customers.
    -----------------------------
    Among other things, Plaintiffs allege that Epson inkjet printers
    and inkjet cartridges indicate that cartridges are "empty" and
    suspend printer function, even though substantial ink remains.
    EAI has denied and continues to deny the claims and any
    wrongdoing, but has decided to settle to avoid the cost and
    inconvenience of litigation. The Court has not issued any rulings
    about the validity of the claims.

    Matty F, Apr 25, 2006
  5. On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:10:26 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:41:32 -0700, Mike MacNabb wrote:
    >
    >> Why is someone in Texas asking people in NZ about a lawsuit in
    >> California?

    >Not to mention the fact that this class action is only for residents of
    >the USA who purcahsed models of Epson printer that are available in the
    >USA.
    >

    >Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Ah, I have seen a couple of models when I was looking that were
    available in NZ at the same time they were on the market here.
    I was double checking comparing prices etc.

    So Epson printers in NZ are superior to those we have here and have
    never/do not have the same problem?

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Apr 25, 2006
  6. On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:39:39 +1200, Matty F <>
    wrote:

    >texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone in NZ get the info on this lawsuit?
    >>
    >> www.epsonsettlement.com
    >>
    >> First I knew about it was when I opened up mail regarding it this
    >> morning.

    >It doesn't affect me, because as soon as I heard complaints of
    >this nature about Epson I vowed that I would never buy one of
    >their printers. There are plenty of other brands. It seems that
    >manufacturers need to learn the hard way that it doesn't pay to
    >cheat their customers.
    >-----------------------------
    >Among other things, Plaintiffs allege that Epson inkjet printers
    >and inkjet cartridges indicate that cartridges are "empty" and
    >suspend printer function, even though substantial ink remains.
    >EAI has denied and continues to deny the claims and any
    >wrongdoing, but has decided to settle to avoid the cost and
    >inconvenience of litigation. The Court has not issued any rulings
    >about the validity of the claims.

    I emailed several printer manufacturers after my first Epson went down
    [replaced free of charge]. Unfortunately living miles away from
    stores, I had to rely on internet sales.

    What I didn't realise was just how few printers are on the market that
    will print in black only without a colour cartridge being
    installed/having colour ink in.

    The two [then] HP models were too expensive for what I wanted the
    printer for.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Apr 25, 2006
  7. On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:42:45 -0500, texan wrote:

    >>Not to mention the fact that this class action is only for residents of
    >>the USA who purcahsed models of Epson printer that are available in the
    >>USA.

    > Ah, I have seen a couple of models when I was looking that were
    > available in NZ at the same time they were on the market here.
    > I was double checking comparing prices etc.
    >
    > So Epson printers in NZ are superior to those we have here and have
    > never/do not have the same problem?

    What on earth are you talking about?

    It is a class action suit for RESIDENTS OF THE USA against Epson America
    Inc.

    It was nice that you thought of NZers when you saw this, but did you go
    and read the info on that website? It is legal action by Americans, for
    American residents against an American company.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 25, 2006
  8. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:45:13 -0500,
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:

    >On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:39:39 +1200, Matty F <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone in NZ get the info on this lawsuit?
    >>>
    >>> www.epsonsettlement.com
    >>>
    >>> First I knew about it was when I opened up mail regarding it this
    >>> morning.

    >>It doesn't affect me, because as soon as I heard complaints of
    >>this nature about Epson I vowed that I would never buy one of
    >>their printers. There are plenty of other brands. It seems that
    >>manufacturers need to learn the hard way that it doesn't pay to
    >>cheat their customers.
    >>-----------------------------
    >>Among other things, Plaintiffs allege that Epson inkjet printers
    >>and inkjet cartridges indicate that cartridges are "empty" and
    >>suspend printer function, even though substantial ink remains.
    >>EAI has denied and continues to deny the claims and any
    >>wrongdoing, but has decided to settle to avoid the cost and
    >>inconvenience of litigation. The Court has not issued any rulings
    >>about the validity of the claims.

    >I emailed several printer manufacturers after my first Epson went down
    >[replaced free of charge]. Unfortunately living miles away from
    >stores, I had to rely on internet sales.
    >
    >What I didn't realise was just how few printers are on the market that
    >will print in black only without a colour cartridge being
    >installed/having colour ink in.
    >
    >The two [then] HP models were too expensive for what I wanted the
    >printer for.
    >
    >Cath

    There are some very cheap laser printer around now. They would be
    much cheaper to run too.

    GraB, Apr 25, 2006
  9. On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:32:48 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:42:45 -0500, texan wrote:
    >
    >>>Not to mention the fact that this class action is only for residents of
    >>>the USA who purcahsed models of Epson printer that are available in the
    >>>USA.

    >> Ah, I have seen a couple of models when I was looking that were
    >> available in NZ at the same time they were on the market here.
    >> I was double checking comparing prices etc.
    >>
    >> So Epson printers in NZ are superior to those we have here and have
    >> never/do not have the same problem?

    >What on earth are you talking about?

    You do have difficult in comprehending English at times don't you!

    >It is a class action suit for RESIDENTS OF THE USA against Epson America
    >Inc.
    >
    >It was nice that you thought of NZers when you saw this, but did you go
    >and read the info on that website? It is legal action by Americans, for
    >American residents against an American company.
    >

    >Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Oh dear, better go and make yourself a nice carpa tea....

    Yes, it is an American lawsuit however, pray tell me, do the Epson
    units in NZ suffer from the same 'troubles'? And if so, what if
    anything has been done in NZ to take a class action lawsuit similar to
    what was done here.

    FYI, I knew nothing about it until I received the paperwar today.
    Did I read the website - no, not yet....
    I was curious with the time I had available this arvo to see if any
    similar action was going on down there.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Apr 25, 2006
  10. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:42:45 -0500, texan wrote:
    >
    >>> Not to mention the fact that this class action is only for residents of
    >>> the USA who purcahsed models of Epson printer that are available in the
    >>> USA.

    >> Ah, I have seen a couple of models when I was looking that were
    >> available in NZ at the same time they were on the market here.
    >> I was double checking comparing prices etc.
    >>
    >> So Epson printers in NZ are superior to those we have here and have
    >> never/do not have the same problem?

    > What on earth are you talking about?
    >
    > It is a class action suit for RESIDENTS OF THE USA against Epson America
    > Inc.
    >
    > It was nice that you thought of NZers when you saw this, but did you go
    > and read the info on that website? It is legal action by Americans, for
    > American residents against an American company.

    Sometimes these class actions have implications for other countries, for
    example the class action against Toshiba over the Tecra 8100 (and other
    models) display problems resulted in the warranty being extended to
    cover repairs until May this year, worldwide. NZers would be almost
    certainly unaware that they qualified for this unless they were aware of
    the class action.

    Besides, if you don't like what Texan has said, and don't own an Epson
    printer, well, hell - don't read the post.

    -=rjh=-, Apr 25, 2006
  11. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Max Burke Guest

    > texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. scribbled:

    >> Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:

    > Not to mention the fact that this class action is only for
    > residents of the USA who purcahsed models of Epson printer that
    > are available in the USA.

    >> What on earth are you talking about?

    > You do have difficult in comprehending English at times don't you!

    No, he doesn't.

    >> It is a class action suit for RESIDENTS OF THE USA against Epson
    >> America Inc.
    >> It was nice that you thought of NZers when you saw this, but did
    >> you go and read the info on that website? It is legal action by
    >> Americans, for American residents against an American company.

    > Yes, it is an American lawsuit however, pray tell me, do the Epson
    > units in NZ suffer from the same 'troubles'? And if so, what if
    > anything has been done in NZ to take a class action lawsuit similar to
    > what was done here.

    New Zealand [law] does not have/allow 'class action' law suites.

    (although come to think of it New Zealand citizens can be included in
    American class action law suites, this however aint one of them)

    This particular AMERICAN (specifically Californian) class action laws suite
    has NO RELEVANCE to New Zealand law or specifically to owners of Epson
    printers in New Zealand.
    And yes I DO own one of the printers listed in the class action law suite.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Apr 26, 2006