Epson printer 1280/1290, is there a red/magenta cast?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nobody nowhere, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Very often if not always I have to adjust as follows in "colour balance"
    (Photoshop), in particular for skies, but also for the whole picture:

    Mid-tones:

    Cyan = -26 or often more

    Magenta= +14 or so

    Yellow= +7

    For shadows I try cyan -5, magenta +6, yellow -11; for highlights
    something similar, more or less.

    I was told that the 1280/90 is "well profiled" by default, if I can put
    it this way. The monitor also seems reasonably well calibrated,
    although I only used the gamma device in Photoshop 7, which, I am told,
    is not enough. My scanner (Nikon 8000) is self-calibrating, which
    should be sufficient, according to some views expressed in this NG.

    Thanks in advance for any comments. I raised the subject before, and
    got a few answers, however, further comments would be much appreciated.

    Nobody

    nobody nowhere, Jul 30, 2003

  2. nobody nowhere

    Dave Newton Guest

    > I was told that the 1280/90 is "well profiled" by default, if I can put
    > it this way. The monitor also seems reasonably well calibrated,
    > although I only used the gamma device in Photoshop 7, which, I am told,
    > is not enough. My scanner (Nikon 8000) is self-calibrating, which
    > should be sufficient, according to some views expressed in this NG.

    I've owned a 1290S since February and, to give you an idea of usage, I've
    gone through six colour cart's and just about to change to my third black
    cart. In all those prints the Epson has performed faultlessly and never once
    have I thought the colour balance not right. And that is straight out of the
    box.

    --
    Dave Newton

    Lake District Walk&Photo web site
    http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk

    Dave Newton, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Thanks, it looks like I shall have to ask Inspector Frost to conduct a
    criminal investigation :), as I mentioned in my post, both the monitor
    and scanner seem reasonably well calibrated, for all I know.

    In article <bg86j9$lijdn$-berlin.de>, Dave Newton
    <> writes

    nobody nowhere, Jul 30, 2003