Epson Photo Printer stops half way through printing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert B, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Robert B

    Robert B Guest

    Can anyone help me with a printer problem please?
    I had a little Epson printer which locked up half way through print jobs. I
    got advice in this ng where I changed from spooling print jobs to printing
    raw and that sorted it out.
    This week I bought myself a Panasonic digital camera and a new Epson photo
    915 printer and guess what, It stops printing half way through. Not all the
    time. Sometimes It never makes it that far, Spool32 crashes and after that
    everything that's running comes up one at a time saying it caused a fault.
    Then the pc locks up.
    I've run virus checker, removed programs that used memory, shouted, stamped
    my feet, all the usual stuff.
    I added an additional cd writer and a graphics card and monitor but I cant
    see how these are affecting things.
    Win 98se 128mb ram 2 gig processor,

    Thanks in advance

    Robert

    Robert B, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Do a system check with Norton Utillities repair the wrong system options
    (f.i. your printer spooler).
    Uninstall the printer driver, close the computer down completely and restart
    after one minute.
    Then re-install the printerdriver and voila I'm sure your problems will be
    over.
    suc6
    Gerard

    Gerard de Gooier, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Robert B

    Kraftee Guest

    Gerard de Gooier wrote:
    > Do a system check with Norton Utillities repair the wrong system
    > options (f.i. your printer spooler).
    > Uninstall the printer driver, close the computer down completely
    > and restart after one minute.
    > Then re-install the printerdriver and voila I'm sure your problems
    > will be over.
    > suc6
    > Gerard

    Isn't his memory (RAM) a little low to be doing graphic
    manipulation/printing???

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....