    brightness?

    Dave
    Dallas, TX

    Dave, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Dave

    photo35744 Guest

    Try it out.

    photo35744, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Dave

    Susan Klein Guest

    > I've been buying Epson Glossy Photo Paper (S041141) at Costco because
    > of the good quality at a great price ($20 for 100 sheets).

    Isn't that a misnomer? :)

    > Today when
    > I went to Costco to pick up another pack I noticed that there are now
    > 120 sheets per pack (same price)

    I would take back the extra 20 sheets and complain.

    > and there's a sticker on the box that
    > says that this paper is "New and Improved, 99 ISO Brightness, More
    > vibrant colors!"

    Great, all you need is more vibrant colored photos to put in your photo
    album to make the other ones you have look like crap in comparison.
    Now you have to have all those reprinted on the new paper to match, and
    this is how those bastards get extra $$$$ out of you!

    > The old paper used to have 89 ISO brightness; in
    > fact the box still says so (the sticker must have been added later).
    > Anyone know what's going on? Is the paper now really 99 ISO
    > brightness?

    Just a scam to get you to reprint all the photos you did on the old paper
    so they match your new ones. Then in a year they will "improve" it again
    and you are screwed again out of more $$$$.

    Susan Klein, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Dave

    bmoag Guest

    Be grateful to Costco: this is one of the great bargains in digital
    photography. I have been using reams of this paper from Costco through
    generation of Epson photoprinters.

    bmoag, Aug 23, 2003
  5. Ditto - it is a fantastic deal. I hope the new bundle is as good
    in terms of print quality and dry time.

    Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 23, 2003