  1. In Event Viewer receive error from Epson using their 64 bit driver.

    Error Source: Application Hang Category (101) Event: 1002

    Any advice or explanation as to the codes or a fix?

    =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=, Feb 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=

    Rick Guest

    Contact Epson Tech Support. It's their software and hardware. You can
    submit a question in an on line form and usually get a response within a
    few hours.

    Rick, Feb 16, 2006

  3. I have been in touch with Epson 1st & 2nd level tech support for many hours.
    Today they informed me (after checking with Epson in Japan) that they do not
    support Server x64. I am able to get some images after a few hours, despite
    "system not responding" messages and "Application Hang" errors in Event
    Viewer. Scanner did work with Server 2003. thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=, Feb 16, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=

    Rick Guest

    Then I would complain to someone else. Ask to speak to a supervisor.
    Epson is the one that published the driver and they are the ones to support.

    Try uninstalling your current installation, reboot, make sure the
    scanner is off, reinstall the software, and then turn the scanner back
    on. Sometimes you can get things to work correctly that way.

    Rick, Feb 16, 2006
  5. I will register my complaint. They do have a 64-bit driver that they say
    works under XP 64 bit and that is the driver that I have installed and
    reinstalled several times, but Epson Japan has refused to support x64 Server
    and have closed my case with that statement. The people at Epson USA are
    checking with their x64 printer driver support group to see if any hang
    problems were reported and solved.

    =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=, Feb 17, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=

    McGrandpa Guest

    "Wooster" <> wrote in message
    > In Event Viewer receive error from Epson using their 64 bit driver.
    >
    > Error Source: Application Hang Category (101) Event: 1002
    >
    > Any advice or explanation as to the codes or a fix?

    Nothing else about your system?

    I'm using a Perfection 4990 Photo, and with Epsons 64 bit driver (TWAIN and
    Epson Scan utility) it works perfectly. Even faster than in XP Pro 32 bit.

    system specs:

    AMD A64 X2 4800+
    Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI
    2 x 1gb PC3200 ram
    1 x 7800GTX256 @ x16 (Guru3D 83.40 driver set)
    3 IDE HD's 160, 160 and 80 gb
    1 x NEC DVDRW
    10 USB2 ports,
    Epson Perfection 4990 Photo
    HP Photosmart 7660
    Wacom Graphire3 6x8
    MS Wheelmouse Optical
    Logitech Extreme 3D joystick
    2 x Samsung 930B LCD flatpanels on DVI
    onboard sound

    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Windows XP Pro x64

    All the hardware works. No driver problems so far. Just having to use a
    workaround for now with the HP printer in x64.
    I'm curious, when you installed the driver, did you have the Epson
    completely disconnected from the computers ports? Just unplugging its
    power cord didn't work for me. I had to uninstall the drivers then
    reinstall with the Epson USB cable unplugged. After the driver was
    installed, the installer said to plug it in, I did, no problems.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Feb 20, 2006
  7. Here is what I have:

    Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.6GHz; 1GB RAM

    Here is what we did:
    Epson Scan
    Home Mode
    Color Negative Film (35mm)
    Color
    Screen/Web
    Screen (768x1024) (Target)
    Total time to scan 16 images (after thumbnail generation) was 9 hours and 25
    minutes

    Epson recently stated that they do not support Windows Server 2003 x64.
    After receiving "Not Responding" errors and "Application Hang" errors in
    Event Viewer I suspected a driver or software crash--does not seem the case
    as the job completed scanning after after 9 1/2 hours. We only have about
    4.700 negatives to scan-should take no less than 3,680 hours to scan
    them--hey-no problems here, is time really money??!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=, Feb 21, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?V29vc3Rlcg==?=

    McGrandpa Guest

    "Wooster" <> wrote in message
    > Here is what I have:
    >
    > Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition
    > Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.6GHz; 1GB RAM
    >
    > Here is what we did:
    > Epson Scan
    > Home Mode
    > Color Negative Film (35mm)
    > Color
    > Screen/Web
    > Screen (768x1024) (Target)
    > Total time to scan 16 images (after thumbnail generation) was 9 hours and
    > 25
    > minutes
    >
    > Epson recently stated that they do not support Windows Server 2003 x64.
    > After receiving "Not Responding" errors and "Application Hang" errors in
    > Event Viewer I suspected a driver or software crash--does not seem the
    > case
    > as the job completed scanning after after 9 1/2 hours. We only have about
    > 4.700 negatives to scan-should take no less than 3,680 hours to scan
    > them--hey-no problems here, is time really money??!!!

    Ok, I'm astounded. Even at 4800dpi scan res, it doesn't take more than a
    minute for a single neg scan with mine. I better check that in x64, even
    though the software install went fine.
    Sorry I'm no help for you.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Feb 21, 2006