    equivalent?
    I look forward to your suggestions and input Thank you.

    LaZerdude

    LaZerdude, Aug 8, 2004

  2. I have it's big brother the 3200 and have no complaints. I checked the specs
    to be sure it had the USB2 connection. Much Much Much faster than
    USB1....that is the only thing I would insist on for your use...time is
    money. Yours is not a real tough application.

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 9, 2004

  3. LaZerdude

    LaZerdude Guest

    Thank you.

    LaZerdude, Aug 9, 2004
  4. LaZerdude

    Chuck22 Guest

    "LaZerdude" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Thank you.
    >
    > "Gene Palmiter" <> wrote in message
    > > I have it's big brother the 3200 and have no complaints. I checked the

    > specs
    > > to be sure it had the USB2 connection. Much Much Much faster than
    > > USB1....that is the only thing I would insist on for your use...time is
    > > money. Yours is not a real tough application.
    > >
    > > "LaZerdude" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I am looking for a scanner that I can use for an engraving business

    > > > get customers business cards, logos and images into my computer as well

    > as
    > > > possibly scanning photographs for engraving.
    > > > The Epson Perfection 3170 keeps coming up. HP has also been

    > suggested.
    > > > Does anyone have any experience with the Perfection 3170 or an HP
    > > > equivalent?
    > > > I look forward to your suggestions and input Thank you.
    > > >
    > > > LaZerdude

    The 3170 with its 3200 x 6400 dpi resolution will definitely do what
    you need. I am very pleased with my 3170. The main difference between
    it and its "big brother" the 3200 is that the 3200 will scan 4x5
    tranparencies, but the 3170 is limited to 35mm (or 2.25 x 2.25)
    transparencies, thus the 3170 costs a bit less than the 3200. That's
    all. I've successfully scanned many slides as well at much reflected
    copy -- really works well with great results.
    HTH

    Chuck22, Aug 9, 2004
  5. LaZerdude

    LaZerdude Guest

    Chuck 22,
    Thanks for your input. I actually bought one today because everything I
    researched pointed to it as being the best one for my use. When I get it up
    and running, I will post here.
    Thanks again for your input.

    LaZerdude

    LaZerdude, Aug 10, 2004