    Is the top removable and if so please give directions.
    Thank you,
    Seamus J. Wilson

    Sligo, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Sligo

    Patrick Guest

    Sligo wrote:
    > Went to use the scanner and found it difficult to open top.
    > Had to pry it off. Looks like cup of milk was spilled on the top and
    > migrated to innards. The milk is on the bottom side of the glass.
    > Is the top removable and if so please give directions.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    I do know that the 'Flap' is removavable (not much help so far).

    I have taken apart an older 'Epson' scanner to clean the inside of the
    glass.

    Before you try, I'd lock the 'carriage' in to place (a lever or something on
    the side).
    Look underneath for screws (~4 of say) that are holding the top on, undo
    them.
    Hopefully you'll now be able to lift the top off.
    Take care here of cables that may be attached to the top, it may be that you
    need to 'fold' the top-part away from the body in a particular direction, or
    it may be feasable to disconnect the cables.

    If managed to get this far, then clean the glass well and carefully put it
    together again.

    Sorry I can't help much, but thought that I might afford a little
    moral-support.

    Best wishes Patrick

    Patrick, Sep 26, 2003