    Not that there is a big choice of printers that will work at this point but
    come on guys!!

    Saturn Smith
    Saturn Smith BFD, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Saturn Smith  BFD

    John Barnes Guest

    Why don't you just set up another printer driver and see if it works. Use
    command prompt to find out which port your printer is on and then set up any
    Epson printer drivers available with x64 and point them to the correct port.
    I'll bet you can find one that at least gives you most of your printer
    functions.

    John Barnes, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Saturn Smith  BFD

    Rick Guest

    Probably not. I have a C84 and have tried almost every Epson driver
    with no success.

    Rick, Jul 7, 2005
  4. I have tried all of the resident drivers to no avail.
    Its not that a big of a deal as I can print from my x86 build its just that
    when the TAP disk arrives the x86 will no longer be available. (Unless I buy
    another copy of XP Pro OEM just to keep the dual boot).

    Saturn Smith BFD, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Saturn Smith  BFD

    John Barnes Guest

    Were you able to print from command prompt? I had a hard time finding the
    correct port for my printer, but when I found it and set it up in the
    printer (driver) everything worked fine.

    John Barnes, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Saturn Smith  BFD

    Rick Guest

    The correct port is identified. The drivers do not support the Stylus C
    series printers. All that comes out is garbage.

    Rick, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Saturn Smith  BFD

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry there is no support, but if your trial is working, you don't give up
    your license on x86 until you install TAP so you could at least wait until
    the trial expires.

    John Barnes, Jul 7, 2005
  8. Saturn Smith  BFD

    M. Murcek Guest

    I was never very happy with my Epson Stylus Color 3000, and when it stopped
    feeding paper correctly, out it went. I now have a really nice HP 9650, and
    guess what? I have to print from the x86 machine across the room, because
    there's no x64 driver, and if the one for the newer HP 9800 series doesn't
    work, I'll be printing from the x86 box whenever I need 11x17 output from
    here on out. Waytago HP!

    M. Murcek, Jul 7, 2005
  9. Saturn Smith  BFD

    John Barnes Guest

    If you can print from command prompt, maybe you Charlie can post a specific
    driver for the two printer control languages he refers to in his article on
    Xperts.
    Command prompt will allow you to identify which language your printer uses.
    See if Charlie can specify generic divers you can try for each language. I
    found his article a little difficult to follow, but maybe he can be more
    specific. ie is there a generic driver for Post Script or PCL that may
    work?

    John Barnes, Jul 7, 2005
  10. Saturn Smith  BFD

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I just installed my C60 and it is working fine. I used the "Epson Stylus
    Color ESC/P2 driver".

    pcbutts1, Jul 7, 2005
  11. At least some were able as early as June 2002 to simpy buy what's supported,
    and it seems to me that the first public CPP pre-dated the C84. Most of the
    older Epson printers had native x64 drivers. Then there was a wave of
    hardware companies that jumped on the x64 bandwagon when Intel made the EM64T
    announcement, but really beware.
    If there is a way you can claim accelerated depreciation for your C84, and
    have Seiko/Epson vouch they won't port drivers, why not ?
    At least ensure your next purchase shows up in ntprint.inf or that there are
    x64 OEM drivers available.

    One aspect to be pretty concerned with is SATA support, if you think you'll
    need the $60 Gigabyte GC-RAMDISK (a.k.a iRAM) in July.

    Good luck !
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jul 7, 2005
  12. I tried three different drivers with the ESC/P2 and none worked even
    slightly.
    Did you use any one in particular?
    There must be 20 that have that ESC/P2.

    Venus Ventura (No relation to Jesse)

    Venus Ventura [BFD], Jul 8, 2005
  13. Saturn Smith  BFD

    Rick Guest

    I just tried the "Epson Stylus Color ESC/P2" driver and the only thing
    that happened with my C84 proceeded to continuously feed of blank pages
    when I opted to do a "Test Print." I turned the printer off to stop the
    continuous feed.

    There apparently is a significant difference in the Cx0 series and other
    Cxx series printers. Epson Stylus Color ESC/P2 definitely does not work
    with the C84!

    Rick, Jul 8, 2005
  14. Saturn Smith  BFD

    pcbutts1 Guest

    The one that says "Epson Stylus Color ESC/P2".

    pcbutts1, Jul 8, 2005
  15. Dominic Payer, Jul 8, 2005
  16. Saturn Smith  BFD

    pcbutts1 Guest

    According to that my C60 will not be supported. Should I tell them that I
    got it working?

    pcbutts1, Jul 8, 2005
  17. As of today 7/9/05, Epson has drivers for the x64 platform for my Stylus C64
    printer.
    I see that the C84 also has drivers but not sure which others.
    Its a zip file and worked on first try.
    Thanks EPSON.
    Good job, (A day late and just a $ short)

    Mars Marvin [SETI], Jul 9, 2005
  18. I have an Epson Stylus C80 and I tried pcbutts1 solution and used the driver
    for the Epson Color Stylus ESC/P2 in the add a printer menu and it worked
    like a charm.

    =?Utf-8?B?b2xkc2FsdA==?=, Jul 10, 2005