    Money grubbing bastards.
    -Rich
    , Jul 16, 2003

  2. Paul Worden Guest

    Re: Epson is garbage - No - the ink prices are too high

    I concur with the price gouging comment - but the 2100 at least has 7
    (overpriced) cartridges, with ink costing merely $1000 a litre...... so you
    replace each cartridge as it runs out.

    The results are superb and still cheaper than getting a photo enlargement.

    So I guess it's put up with it and accept that capitalism is spelled G R E E
    D Y - wouldn't you do the same?

    Paul W
    Paul Worden, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Kenwood Guest

    I find the quality excellent on my epson printer.
    I also reset the chip on the cartridge and fill em back up myself.
    Printing costs are still lower than any retailer, I can control the output
    and don't
    have to travel to print.

    The equipment is only as difficult as you make it.

    Kenwood, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Paul Heslop Guest

    wrote:

    > Money grubbing bastards.

    You answered it yourself :O)

    --
    Paul. (This machine will, will not communicate)
    Not what it seems...
    Paul Heslop, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Don't some models allow that?

    I agree that they, like most others, have designed their printers for
    one primary goal, to sell overpriced ink. But they sell the printers cheap.
    When I bought one, with the promotional pricing, the cost of a printer, with
    a cartridge, was only five dollars more than the price of a new cartridge.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jul 16, 2003
  6. In article <Hl8Ra.16740$>, Joseph Meehan
    <> wrote:

    > I agree that they, like most others, have designed their printers for
    > one primary goal, to sell overpriced ink. But they sell the printers cheap.
    > When I bought one, with the promotional pricing, the cost of a printer, with
    > a cartridge, was only five dollars more than the price of a new cartridge.

    <GRIN> I remember doing a presentation for a school district, and the
    guy on before me was the Lexmark rep. He recommended the district buy
    huge quantities of the entry level printer, as it was on promo and
    actually cheaper than a set of cartridges for it.

    He didn't last long in the job...
    Scott Schuckert, Jul 16, 2003
  7. ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Epson is garbage
    >Date: 7/15/03 9:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >Why won't those printers let you print in
    >black when only the colour cartridge runs out?
    >Money grubbing bastards.
    >-Rich

    It is the razor and the blade syndrome. Gillette taught everyone how to do it.

    Arthur Kramer
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Jul 16, 2003
  8. Allan Mayer Guest

    In article <>,
    writes:

    >Money grubbing bastards

    Hey, pony up the cash, or get over it already...

    If you did any reasearch before you got an Epson, than
    you would have known the cost of ink already.

    Allan
    http://members.aol.com/Thetabat/hello.html

    Allan Mayer, Jul 16, 2003
  9. I can't find refill kits for my Epson 1270 here in Australia but I have
    bought 2 kits from MSI Associates in the US - the first 2 years ago, the
    second 2 weeks ago.
    Both arrived within a week of the order being placed.
    With the second kit I also bought their new universal Epson chip resetter.
    The total cost, including shipping was just over A$100, which is the price
    of 2 T009 colour cartridges. The kit has enough ink for 6 colour refills
    and 4 black refills.

    If you are in the US you can see the shipping costs on the website. If,
    like me, you are not, you need to email them telling them what you want to
    order and they reply with a figure for shipping. They replied to me within
    6 hours.

    I have refilled a colour cartridge up to 5 times and I can't see any
    difference from the original Epsons (except that I print more because it is
    so much cheaper).

    It takes about 45 mins to refill a colour cartridge - it's easy but a bit
    messy and repetitive.

    I have only used the chip resetter once so far, but it worked exactly as
    claimed, resetting a refilled "empty" cartridge to full. If you don't want
    to buy the resetter, you can use the "Swedish Method" which uses a spare
    full cartridge to reset the printer. It's explained on the MSI website and
    is very easy.

    This is the link:

    http://www.inksupply.com/

    Like most other people I love the results from the printer but resent the
    ridiculous prices that Epson charge for their cartridges.

    Michael
    Michael Kilpatrick, Jul 16, 2003
  10. I am free from cartridges forever ;-)

    In article <>, (Allan Mayer) wrote:
    > Hey, pony up the cash, or get over it already...
    >
    > If you did any reasearch before you got an Epson, than
    > you would have known the cost of ink already.

    --
    Check out My Homepage at
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

    Support bacteria - they're the only culture
    some people have." -Stephen Wright
    Gregory W. Blank, Jul 16, 2003
  11. Alan Brennan Guest

    On 16 Jul 2003 11:53:18 GMT
    Allan Mayer ( )
    Wrote

    > In article <>,
    > writes:
    >
    > >Money grubbing bastards

    > Hey, pony up the cash, or get over it already...
    >
    > If you did any reasearch before you got an Epson, than
    > you would have known the cost of ink already.

    I bought a new model Epson printer largely on the cost of ink. But the
    bastards trebled the price of ink cartridges about 6 weeks after I
    bought it. Also: take one of the cartridges apart and you'll see that
    the already tiny ink reservoir is half filled with foam plastic, no
    doubt for sound "technical" reasons. I have owned HP and Lexmark
    printers. The ink on both was expensive, but Epson is by far the worst.
    Avoid avoid avoid.
    Alan Brennan, Jul 16, 2003
  12. Oops. That's MIS Associates.
    Michael Kilpatrick, Jul 16, 2003
  13. Re: Epson is garbage - No - the ink prices are too high

    "Paul Worden" <> wrote in message news:<Mp5Ra.6181$>...
    > I concur with the price gouging comment - but the 2100 at least has 7
    > (overpriced) cartridges, with ink costing merely $1000 a litre...... so you
    > replace each cartridge as it runs out.
    >
    > The results are superb and still cheaper than getting a photo enlargement.
    >
    > So I guess it's put up with it and accept that capitalism is spelled G R E E
    > D Y - wouldn't you do the same?
    >
    > Paul W

    You're 100 percent right when you said Capitalism = Greedy. Wouldn't
    it be great if Government made and sold everything? Do you wonder? I'm
    sure you do.

    Capitalism : Businesses in operation to MAKE MONEY for their
    stockholders or their owners, and they operate at , "What the market
    will bear" and competition determines if they survive. Business does
    NOT operate to make jobs, business does not operate to help a
    community, business does not operate to be nice. Business does not
    operate to help the poor photographer. It operates to MAKE MONEY. If
    you work for a living to make monet, then you are greedy as
    well...same principal!

    This is BASIC CIVICS 101!!!!!! At least in the US. Maybe not so in
    Cuba or North Koreas and China.

    Mike
    Michael P Gabriel, Jul 16, 2003
  14. <> wrote in message
    > Why won't those printers let you print in
    > black when only the colour cartridge runs out?
    > Money grubbing bastards.
    > -Rich

    It is a disappointment how the Epson is set up. I ordered cartridges
    here, generic brand, what a savings, I got 4 black, and 2 color
    cartridges for under the price of one each at the office stores.
    Definitely will order from these people again.

    http://www.simplybargains.com
    Junior Copeland, Jul 17, 2003
  15. Tom Elliott Guest

    Re: Epson is garbage - NOT

    I tried to save money on the black for my 1200.
    UGH very weird results in the black areas, really showed up on glossy stock,
    matt was a little better.
    I no longer try to save money on consumables for my 1200, the client pays,
    not me.
    Yours,
    Tom

    Tom Elliott, Jul 17, 2003
  16. Bob O`Bob Guest

    Junior Copeland wrote:

    > It is a disappointment how the Epson is set up. I ordered cartridges
    > here, generic brand, what a savings, I got 4 black, and 2 color
    > cartridges for under the price of one each at the office stores.
    > Definitely will order from these people again.
    >
    > http://www.simplybargains.com

    Please let us know if and when you actually DO order again.
    Until then, the above says nothing at all about quality.

    Bob
    Bob O`Bob, Jul 17, 2003
  17. HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I have had an Epson 1270 for over 3 years and I am very happy with it's
    performance. I have always used 24 pound paper for daily printing and Epson
    Photo papers for pictures. And I always use Epson inks.
    If I was looking for cheap, I would have prints made at Wal Mart (or the like)
    but one of the reasons I like digital is that I can do everything from the
    comfort of my home.

    Rosita
    HRosita, Jul 17, 2003
  18. "Bob O`Bob" wrote
    > Junior Copeland wrote:
    >
    > > It is a disappointment how the Epson is set up. I ordered

    cartridges
    > > here, generic brand, what a savings, I got 4 black, and 2 color
    > > cartridges for under the price of one each at the office stores.
    > > Definitely will order from these people again.
    > >
    > > http://www.simplybargains.com

    > Please let us know if and when you actually DO order again.
    > Until then, the above says nothing at all about quality.
    >

    > Bob

    Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I said I definitely will order again, I
    should have added, I'm into the cartridges that I ordered from them,
    that's why I stated I will order again. They suit my purpose, but may
    not be suitable for yours.
    Junior Copeland, Jul 17, 2003
  19. fhe Guest

    >Junior Copeland wrote:
    >
    >> It is a disappointment how the Epson is set up. I ordered cartridges
    >> here, generic brand, what a savings, I got 4 black, and 2 color
    >> cartridges for under the price of one each at the office stores.
    >> Definitely will order from these people again.

    I have ordered 3rd party carts for my Epson 925 from Atlex Dist. and
    been very happy with the results -- at a considerable savings.

    Curious, though about buying 4 black and 2 color carts. My experience
    (printing almost exclusively photos) has indicated that I use about 3
    color carts to each black cart.
    fhe, Jul 17, 2003
  20. "fhe" <> wrote in message

    > >Junior Copeland wrote:
    > >
    > >> It is a disappointment how the Epson is set up. I ordered

    cartridges
    > >> here, generic brand, what a savings, I got 4 black, and 2 color
    > >> cartridges for under the price of one each at the office stores.
    > >> Definitely will order from these people again.

    > I have ordered 3rd party carts for my Epson 925 from Atlex Dist. and
    > been very happy with the results -- at a considerable savings.
    >
    > Curious, though about buying 4 black and 2 color carts. My experience
    > (printing almost exclusively photos) has indicated that I use about 3
    > color carts to each black cart.

    I use mostly black, not for printing of photos, for paperwork
    (word/excel). The simply bargains have/had order $50 worth, get free
    shipping. I use about 2 black vs. each color.
    Junior Copeland, Jul 17, 2003