    Does anyone have any comments/experience or insight into the Epson vs.
    Non-Epson inks?

    Bruce
    Bruce MacNeil, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Bruce MacNeil

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Over the years I've heard a lot of horror stories about cheap inks and
    cartridge refilling methods.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Bruce MacNeil

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Bruce MacNeil" bruce@no_spambrucemacneil.com

    >Does anyone have any comments/experience or insight into the Epson vs.
    >Non-Epson inks?

    Marvin M. gave us this link to a PCWorld article on that very question ...
    interesting reading. Basically the replacement inks tested were more prone to
    clogging, had a range of print quality from poor to equivalent to Epson inks,
    and had very poor print life longevity estimates.

    Bill Hilton, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Bruce MacNeil

    Frankhartx Guest

    >rom: "Tony Spadaro"

    > Over the years I've heard a lot of horror stories about cheap inks and
    >cartridge refilling methods.

    There are quite a few substitutes out there, trouble is there is little
    available as to the quality--oh they all say they are good but some of them
    lie--there are some of reputed high quality like Lyson but those are just or
    more expensive than Epson. I won't risk using other inkls unless I can havbe
    some asurance that they are truly comparable to Epson/
    Frankhartx, Sep 5, 2003
  5. Bruce MacNeil

    Dean Wittke Guest

    I guess it depends what your end purpose is. I'm assuming it's for photos
    (duh) and I do have to say I have had good results, but would never use
    generics for professional/commercial sales.

    I have an Epson 880, and buy the $1 black and $2 color on Ebay, and for
    general purpose work (kids homework, web pages, image drafts) they are
    great.

    For printing photos on photo paper, they do a decent job, but like I said
    for any real photo printing I would probably have a separate photo printer
    using high end print cartridges.

    Dean Wittke, Sep 5, 2003
  6. Bruce MacNeil

    Nod Guest

    Hi there. I use Jet Tec Inks in my Epson 1280 and they are brilliant. About
    a third of the price of Epson too, so I'm very happy.

    Andrew.

    Nod, Sep 5, 2003