    For example I have cheap compatable inks for everyday printing and
    expensive epson inks for photo printing.

    Thanks.
    MICHAEL, Oct 7, 2004

  2. MICHAEL

    gruffydd Guest

    my understanding [probably incorrectly understood] is that you cannot remove
    a part-used cart, and then put it back for re-use
    gruffydd, Oct 7, 2004

  3. MICHAEL

    Bigbazza Guest

    "gruffydd" <> wrote in message
    > my understanding [probably incorrectly understood] is that you cannot
    > remove
    > a part-used cart, and then put it back for re-use

    I also understand that the partly used cartridge cannot be taken out and put
    back in again....

    Bigbazza
    Bigbazza, Oct 7, 2004
  4. MICHAEL

    Avenger© Guest

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:33:35 GMT, MICHAEL
    <> wrote:

    >Could you please tell me if you can remove epson ink cartridges and
    >replace them with another cartridge, and keep swapping between them.
    >For example I have cheap compatable inks for everyday printing and
    >expensive epson inks for photo printing.
    >
    >Thanks.

    No, you'll stuff your printer.
    --
    Avenger©
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*
    Avenger©, Oct 7, 2004
  5. MICHAEL

    philo Guest

    "MICHAEL" <> wrote in message
    > Could you please tell me if you can remove epson ink cartridges and
    > replace them with another cartridge, and keep swapping between them.
    > For example I have cheap compatable inks for everyday printing and
    > expensive epson inks for photo printing.
    >
    > Thanks.

    you can do it...but the ink-level monitor *might* read incorrectly
    philo, Oct 8, 2004
  6. MICHAEL

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Could you please tell me if you can remove epson ink cartridges and
    >replace them with another cartridge, and keep swapping between them.
    >For example I have cheap compatable inks for everyday printing and
    >expensive epson inks for photo printing.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Don't know about now but with the old Epson Stylus models, you
    couldn't take the cart out once inserted until it was time to change
    it. This was because doing so would break the seal between ink
    cartridge and printer inlet and break the capillary ink feed. It was
    in fact possible to defeat this by taping up the hole where ink
    exited the cartridge, then reinserting it in the printer with a swift
    action.

    Modern day Epson carts have a microchip in them (tho it used to be
    possible to buy software to reset it) so the above might not work.

    Epson above all other printer comparies are paranoid about people
    using non-Epson carts. They often run large ads decrying the evils of
    so doing.

    The easiest ink carts I have ever found to refill are the transparent
    Canon ones. It is simply a matter of pulling out the bung and
    refilling - while still in the printer. Carts could be interchanged
    (as you wish to do) easily also.

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Oct 8, 2004
  7. Jimmy Dean wrote:

    > Modern day Epson carts have a microchip in them (tho it used to be
    > possible to buy software to reset it) so the above might not work.

    > Epson above all other printer comparies are paranoid about people
    > using non-Epson carts. They often run large ads decrying the evils of
    > so doing.

    For the record, I've seen the chip resetters on the shelves within the
    last...oh, probably two months.

    Re monopoly, one printer I *won't* buy is Lexmark, based on them being
    the only outfit I know of that's *sued* an aftermarket cart
    manufacturer. I don't know if they won or not; the effort alone is
    stinky.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Double Blue - Wolverines and Dodgers
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 8, 2004
  8. MICHAEL

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    [...]

    > I don't know if they won or not; the effort alone is stinky.

    If your efforts are stinky, you're trying too hard.

    *brrrt!*

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
    of nothing.
    DC, Oct 9, 2004

    <lighting a match> Phewww.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 9, 2004
  10. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "MICHAEL" <> wrote in message
    > > Could you please tell me if you can remove epson ink cartridges and
    > > replace them with another cartridge, and keep swapping between them.
    > > For example I have cheap compatable inks for everyday printing and
    > > expensive epson inks for photo printing.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > you can do it...but the ink-level monitor *might* read incorrectly

    It will also take a while (a good few pages ) until the new ink works its
    way to the print nozzles unless you go through a few cleaning cycles and
    waste a lot of ink. Even then you will have cross contamination of inks.
    Printers are getting cheaper every day - consider buying a 2nd printer for
    best use.
    Watcher of the Skies, Nov 21, 2004
  11. MICHAEL

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Watcher of the Skies" <> wrote in message

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "MICHAEL" <> wrote in message
    >> > Could you please tell me if you can remove epson ink cartridges and
    >> > replace them with another cartridge, and keep swapping between them.
    >> > For example I have cheap compatable inks for everyday printing and
    >> > expensive epson inks for photo printing.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

    >> you can do it...but the ink-level monitor *might* read incorrectly
    >>

    > It will also take a while (a good few pages ) until the new ink works its
    > way to the print nozzles unless you go through a few cleaning cycles and
    > waste a lot of ink. Even then you will have cross contamination of inks.
    > Printers are getting cheaper every day - consider buying a 2nd printer for
    > best use.

    i quit buying epson printers because it's difficult to get aftermarket ink
    cartridges for them (they have circuit boards on the carts to prevent
    aftermarkets from being used and to keep track of ink levels)

    the print quality of cheap printers has increased and when the ink carts are
    more expensive than the cheaper printers, which would you chose?

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Nov 21, 2004
  12. MICHAEL

    SuperStud Guest

    "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost> wrote in message

    > "Watcher of the Skies" <> wrote in
    > message news:Db5od.1940$...
    >>
    >> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "MICHAEL" <> wrote in message

    >>> you can do it...but the ink-level monitor *might* read incorrectly
    >>>

    >> It will also take a while (a good few pages ) until the new ink works its
    >> way to the print nozzles unless you go through a few cleaning cycles and
    >> waste a lot of ink. Even then you will have cross contamination of inks.
    >> Printers are getting cheaper every day - consider buying a 2nd printer
    >> for
    >> best use.

    > i quit buying epson printers because it's difficult to get aftermarket ink
    > cartridges for them (they have circuit boards on the carts to prevent
    > aftermarkets from being used and to keep track of ink levels)
    >
    > the print quality of cheap printers has increased and when the ink carts
    > are more expensive than the cheaper printers, which would you chose?
    >
    > -a|ex

    Choose a Canon printer. Their ink tanks are just that - tanks of ink. The
    printhead which is replaced on most other printers with the ink cartridge,
    is a separate replicable item. Cheap compatibles as well!

    I have the Canon i455 and it's worked flawlessly for over a year now.

    <<SS>>
    SuperStud, Nov 21, 2004
  13. Outlook Express

    What other versions of this program exist???
    Mr. BlairJames H. Mason III, Nov 21, 2004
  14. MICHAEL

    Bob B Guest

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "MICHAEL" <> wrote in message
    > > > Could you please tell me if you can remove epson ink cartridges and
    > > > replace them with another cartridge, and keep swapping between them.
    > > > For example I have cheap compatable inks for everyday printing and
    > > > expensive epson inks for photo printing.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.

    > > you can do it...but the ink-level monitor *might* read incorrectly
    > >

    > It will also take a while (a good few pages ) until the new ink works its
    > way to the print nozzles unless you go through a few cleaning cycles and
    > waste a lot of ink. Even then you will have cross contamination of inks.
    > Printers are getting cheaper every day - consider buying a 2nd printer for
    > best use.

    I think that is brilliant advice. I use two epson printers .. color 760
    which is the one I use the most (5 cartridges for £7.50) and a R200 mainly
    for photo's (6 chipped cartridges for £15) both work very well and as I
    print about one hundred pages a week I wouldn't use anything else.
    http://www.choicestationery.com/ Bob

    Bob B, Nov 21, 2004
  15. MICHAEL

    trout Guest

    Re: Outlook Express

    Mr. BlairJames H. Mason III wrote:

    > What other versions of this program exist???

    Why are you asking this in the middle of a thread about ink
    cartridges, instead of as a new post?
    As for your question; many, older ones. Some for PC, some for Mac.
    --
    "Or did you really mean different mail/news clients?"
    trout, Nov 21, 2004
  16. MICHAEL

    dwacon Guest

    I swear by my Epson but only use it for the occasional glossy photo print or
    to print labels on my home-burned CDs and DVDs. While the cartriges aren't
    cheap, you can find deals at places like Quill or Viking -- track their
    sites for a sale and most of the time they throw in goodies like you buy
    x-number of carts and get a free something you don't care about but it's
    free so hoo hah.

    HTH

    --
    du werdest eine krankenschwester brauchen
    http://www.dwacon.com
    dwacon, Nov 22, 2004
  17. Re: Outlook Express

    andre.toutain, Nov 22, 2004
  18. On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:27:53 -0000, "SuperStud"
    <> wrote:

    >Choose a Canon printer. Their ink tanks are just that - tanks of ink. The
    >printhead which is replaced on most other printers with the ink cartridge,
    >is a separate replicable item. Cheap compatibles as well!
    >
    >I have the Canon i455 and it's worked flawlessly for over a year now.

    Epson is the only one I've seen so far that advertises external tanks
    for their printers. Granted, it only works with certain modals, but
    the modals that have seperate cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black
    cartridges can all have 4-tubes wired to the outside of their printer
    and have been said that even with heavy printing the ink normally last
    a year or so.... As far as 3rd party ink, Not sure what everyone's
    saying, I buy cheap ink all the time from 2-3 sources. I recently
    bought 2 color and I think 5 black ink cartridges cheaper than I could
    buy the epson cartridges at Walmart, I was just fixing to go out and
    buy a fax cartridge, but for the heck of it, I checked and sure
    enough, they had them to the point that I could buy 2 cartridges for
    the price of 1 at Office Depot! i paid nearly $30 for 1 roll of film
    for my Panasonic Fax Machine at Office Depot, got 2 rolls for $19.99
    on-line.... I found the same offer at 2-3 locations, but got a
    discount at the place I bought the ink, for being a returning customer
    and saved an additional 15%. If your buying Cannon because you want
    to save on ink, I don't see that as a reason.... Fact is I personally
    love my Epson a while back, because I purchased it for a Commodore
    128. Was one of the few printers that can print from DOS without
    needing Windows and a printer driver loaded.... Find that in a
    printer these days.... Not to mention, my printer handles USB,
    Parallel, and Macintosh Serial.... Since I bought this printer, I've
    had it hooked up to an iBook, PC, Commodore 128D, and an older
    Motorola 6800 Macintosh....
    John H. Guillory, Nov 25, 2004