    heel to my testing of windows vista across corporate networks. There was
    support for every piece of hardware but the printer. Where can I find a
    hardware compatibility sheet?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=, May 27, 2006

  2. Have you reported this to Epson? You can also make a driver request using
    the reporting tool and send in feedback using the Feedback link on the
    desktop.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 27, 2006

  3. Andre:
    I think that this person has the wrong newsgroup because the same
    post was on Vista. With x64 the Epson drivers are working properly for
    printing and scanning. I don't have Vista yet so I can't test the drivers.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 27, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    Rick Guest

    Based on the support Epson showed during the pre-release version of Win
    x64, I would have to say you will have to wait until after Vista is
    released. Epson doesn't show much interest in supporting their
    customers before the official release of the OS.

    For compatibility information you best source is Epson Tech support.

    Rick, May 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    not true, the same drivers that work in XP 64 also work in Vista 64.

    works for me on Vista 64
    the file names I have installed in order of installation
    epson11620.exe - scanner
    epson11587.exe - printer

    mikeyhsd, May 27, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    Rick Guest

    Now that is G O O D news!

    If hardware drivers for Win x64 and Vista x64, then that will be one
    less headache! I am not including video card drivers in my cheer; I
    know they are different.

    Rick, May 27, 2006
  7. Dismal Failure wrote:
    > It won't work. I browsed a number of different printers on epson.com,
    > canon.com, hp.com and no indication of vista support.

    I've been able to use Epson's WinXP x64 printer drivers for the Stylus
    CX3810 to get the printer portion working on various earlier builds of
    Vista64 (haven't installed Beta 2, as yet), but the scanner has always
    been a no-go.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, May 27, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    specific instructions from Epson are to install scanner drivers FIRST, DO NOT reboot, then install printer drivers following on screen instructions, then reboot when all done.

    mikeyhsd, May 28, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    finally had an opportunity to print and found that even though the drivers do load, they do not work.

    mikeyhsd, May 28, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    drivers install, but apparently do not work in vista.

    mikeyhsd, May 28, 2006
  11. mikeyhsd wrote:
    > finally had an opportunity to print and found that even though the
    > drivers do load, they do not work.

    Well, they worked for me on earlier builds, but not on Beta 2. As you
    say, the printers load, everything looks good, but nothing ever prints;
    the document just sits in the queue, and can't even be deleted.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, May 29, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    exactly, in the previous build it worked just fine.

    mikeyhsd, May 29, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzbWFsIEZhaWx1cmU=?=

    nevaziah Guest

    This is interesting..
    I have htis printer and the drivers for the scanner work, and th
    scanner DOES scan

    it is the printer that is not working for me. I am using Beta 2. WTF I
    GOING ON? by the way, what is the difference between beta 1 and beta 2
    anything major or should i just get beta 1, because i print quite
    bit

    --
    nevazia
    nevaziah's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=252