    Must confess, I don't do a lot of photo printing, I normally print only text
    documents, and I really got it for its copy/scan facility.

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Jim

    Si Guest

    Jim,

    a) Epson printers love Epson paper. My old 880 prints wonderful prints using
    only 4 colours (as does the CX I believe) on Epson Matte Heavy, Photo Glossy
    and Premium Photo.

    Was there no sample in the printer pack?

    b) Yep, quite a stretch to get that at A4, but I suspect that you would
    simply see a more pixelated image rather than the banding you describe
    (although why the 4 up are fine beats me).

    Are you setting the printer to at least 2880? My 880 bands at 720 on
    glossy...

    Si.

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > I've just bought an Epson CX3200, and I'm trying out the functions. The

    only
    > photo paper I have available is from Jessop's, descibed simply as as

    PHOTO,
    > and described as "resin coated heavtweight paper". Which option for Paper
    > Type should I use in the settings.
    >
    > I've found that if I print 4 to an A4 sheet they come out ok, but if I try
    > to print A4 size, then I get horizontal banding. Could this be due to 1)

    my

    Si, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hi Si

    1) I was surprised that there was no sample paper with the unit. On the
    other hand, the supplier told me there was no USB cable. Turns out there
    was, so now I've a spare cable"!

    2) So far as I can see, the user has no control over print resolution. Now,
    I have no problem with that.

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Jim

    Si Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Si
    >
    > 1) I was surprised that there was no sample paper with the unit. On the
    > other hand, the supplier told me there was no USB cable. Turns out there
    > was, so now I've a spare cable"!
    >
    > 2) So far as I can see, the user has no control over print resolution.

    Now,
    > I have no problem with that.

    I'm sure that, just like my 880 driver, you can select the resolution. Try
    selecting custom --> advanced from the print dialog. After all, there's a
    C62 under there somewhere...it'll have options.

    Simon

    Si, Jul 28, 2003