Epson Class Action

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Just Me, Mar 26, 2009.

  1. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    People with EPSON PRINTERS purchased between November 1, 2002 and September
    1, 2006, may be eligible to benefit from a class action settlement. The
    settlement notice was published in the Ottawa Citizen, Saturday March 15,
    2009, page E10.

    EPSON inkjet printer cartridges were apparently indicating empty (and
    stopping printing) before they actually were empty. EPSON says they needed
    a reserve after showing empty, otherwise the printer would be damaged.

    As I read it, some dissatisfied customers claimed that the reserve volume
    was too high or even that it should go to 100% empty. EPSON disagreed. The
    issue has been around for a long time, but settlement was only reached in
    Canada in March of 2009.

    Note: the final date to make a claim is 5:00 p.m. ET June 4, 2009.

    Here is the bottom line:

    If you are a resident of Canada (other than in the provinces of Manitoba and
    British Columbia) and purchased an Epson Inkjet printer between November 1,
    2002 and September 1, 2006 and your Epson Inkjet printer is one of the
    models listed, you are a potential class member.

    Re the Canadian settlement:

    The general settlement website is here:
    http://www.epsonsettlementcanada.com

    Thesettlement FAQ website is here:
    http://www.epsonsettlementcanada.com/FAQs.htm

    The list of qualifying printers is here:
    http://www.epsonsettlementcanada.com/ListofQualifyingPrinters.htm

    This is a good place to get the story in detail: (Oct. 24, 2003)
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/113112/epson_faces_consumer_suits.html

    EPSON'S response to the story printed in PC WORLD is here (there is a link
    to it in the story above):

    Epson responds to consumer complaints about ink cartridges.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/113324/letters_to_pcworldcom.html

    Darrell Larose
    Webmaster

    Camera Club of Ottawa FaceBook Group:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=17116957800&ref=ts

    07:12:00
    Just Me, Mar 26, 2009

  2. Just Me

    Get lost Guest

    On Mar 26, 10:41 am, "Just Me" <> wrote:

    > People with EPSON PRINTERS purchased between November 1, 2002 and September
    > 1, 2006, may be eligible to benefit from a class action settlement. The
    > settlement notice was published in the Ottawa Citizen, Saturday March 15,
    > 2009, page E10.
    >
    > EPSON inkjet printer cartridges were apparently indicating empty (and
    > stopping printing) before they actually were empty.  EPSON says they needed
    > a reserve after showing empty, otherwise the printer would be damaged.
    >
    > As I read it, some dissatisfied customers claimed that the reserve volume
    > was too high or even that it should go to 100% empty.  EPSON disagreed.  The
    > issue has been around for a long time, but settlement was only reached in
    > Canada in March of 2009.
    >
    > Note: the final date to make a claim is 5:00 p.m. ET June 4, 2009.
    >
    > Here is the bottom line:
    >
    > If you are a resident of Canada (other than in the provinces of Manitoba and
    > British Columbia) and purchased an Epson Inkjet printer between November 1,
    > 2002 and September 1, 2006 and your Epson Inkjet printer is one of the
    > models listed, you are a potential class member.
    >
    > Re the Canadian settlement:
    >
    > The general settlement website is here:http://www.epsonsettlementcanada.com
    >
    > Thesettlement  FAQ website is here:http://www.epsonsettlementcanada.com/FAQs.htm
    >
    > The list of qualifying printers is here:http://www.epsonsettlementcanada.com/ListofQualifyingPrinters.htm
    >
    > This is a good place to  get  the story in detail: (Oct. 24, 2003)http://www.pcworld.com/article/113112/epson_faces_consumer_suits.html
    >
    > EPSON'S response to the story printed in PC WORLD is here (there is a link
    > to it in the story above):
    >
    > Epson responds to consumer complaints about ink cartridges.http://www.pcworld.com/article/113324/letters_to_pcworldcom.html
    >
    > Darrell Larose
    > Webmaster
    >
    > Camera Club of Ottawa FaceBook Group:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=17116957800&ref=ts

    > 07:12:00

    I tried printing the claim form, but my printer indicated it was out
    of ink. :)
    Get lost, Mar 27, 2009

  3. What's left in the tank is nothing. Open up the printer and take a look
    at the giant sponge Epson hides in the bottom of it. It holds about
    $1000 of ink. Happy printing.

    --
    I will not see your reply if you use Google.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Apr 26, 2009
  4. Just Me

    Bob Larter Guest

    Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
    > What's left in the tank is nothing. Open up the printer and take a look
    > at the giant sponge Epson hides in the bottom of it. It holds about
    > $1000 of ink. Happy printing.

    That's the waste ink pad, & all inkjet printers have them. That's where
    the ink goes that's pumped out of the printhead on each cleaning cycle.

    To reduce ink wastage, keep your printer covered with a moisture-proof
    (eg; PVC) cover when it's not in use, which will help to prevent
    clogging (& dust), & try not to power cycle the printer often. ie; when
    you turn it on in the morning, leave it on all day, rather than turning
    it on/off multiple times a day.

    Bob Larter, Apr 26, 2009
  5. Just Me

    N Guest

    "Bob Larter" <> wrote in message

    > That's the waste ink pad, & all inkjet printers have them. That's where
    > the ink goes that's pumped out of the printhead on each cleaning cycle.
    >
    > To reduce ink wastage, keep your printer covered with a moisture-proof
    > (eg; PVC) cover when it's not in use, which will help to prevent clogging
    > (& dust), & try not to power cycle the printer often. ie; when you turn it
    > on in the morning, leave it on all day, rather than turning it on/off
    > multiple times a day.

    I'd imagine that dust isn't an issue with the 3-in-1 printers as the scanner
    bed covers the business part of the printer.

    N, Apr 26, 2009
  6. Just Me

    Jomoud

    Joined:
    May 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    The Epson Cartridge Class Actions in Manitoba and British Columbia have now also been settled.
    Manitoba residents can find further detailed information at the website of PollockandCompany.dot.com
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    Jomoud, May 28, 2009