    run one complete black through it and the red and yellow are not printing at
    all. Blue seems to be perfectly fine. Need some ideas?

    Vic

    Vic, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Vic

    clot Guest

    Vic wrote:
    > I have an Epson C64 that I use once in a while and it started
    > printing with gaps and I said no problem just need to clean the head.
    > So I started running the clean print head in the Printer Monitor and
    > it is getting worse. I have run one complete black through it and the
    > red and yellow are not printing at all. Blue seems to be perfectly
    > fine. Need some ideas?
    >
    > Vic

    How infrequent? Dried up?
    I kept telling the kids to print at least a sheet a week through their
    prints to avoid such a problem. But - kids are kids and Dad pays the
    bills!

    clot, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Vic

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Vic" <> wrote in message
    >I have an Epson C64 that I use once in a while and it started printing
    >with
    > gaps and I said no problem just need to clean the head. So I started
    > running
    > the clean print head in the Printer Monitor and it is getting worse. I
    > have
    > run one complete black through it and the red and yellow are not
    > printing at
    > all. Blue seems to be perfectly fine. Need some ideas?
    >
    > Vic

    Would say the cartridges have dried up------how many pages have you
    printed to put a black cartidge thru it? a full one will do 4-600 pages
    dependant on density the colour around 400 (5% page coverage)

    Aquanaut, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Vic

    Plato Guest

    Vic wrote:

    > I have an Epson C64 that I use once in a while and it started printing with
    > gaps and I said no problem just need to clean the head. So I started running
    > the clean print head in the Printer Monitor and it is getting worse. I have

    There's likely a few blobs of part dry ink where the printer cart parks.
    Use Qtip and cleaner to clean it off.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 25, 2005