    Gene Palmiter
    freebridge design group
    freebridge magazine

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Gene Palmiter

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "Gene Palmiter" <> wrote in message
    news:jaNDc.8718$
    > Anyone have one of these? Any problems? Who has the best prices...and
    > what are they going for?

    Gene, I have a 7600 and the printer has been running for 18 months now
    without a problem. I don't see how the 9600 would do less. The images are
    stunning and if you use the Atkinson profiles from Epson and have a
    calibrated monitor you should pretty much have a wysiwyg system.

    I mostly use the Epson Premium Luster paper but have just tried a Pro Matte
    from Lexjet I like better. I also use qimage to layout small prints on the
    large paper, and that can save a bunch of time and paper.

    Let us know what you decide to do.
    --
    "Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
    this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke

    Bob Hatch, Jun 28, 2004

  3. I have been very happy with prints I have ordered printed on canvas...they
    sale real fast. I only shoot 4mp (Oly E-10) but with Genuine Fractals and
    the texture of the canvas to help I have gone as large as 3x4 feet with good
    results. I have sold them for $350 but they cost me $200. If I get a state
    arts grant I am applying for I will get the printer...then I can get the
    price down to where I can sell more of them.

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Gene Palmiter

    > I have been very happy with prints I have ordered printed on
    > canvas...they sale real fast. I only shoot 4mp (Oly E-10) but with
    > Genuine Fractals and the texture of the canvas to help I have gone as
    > large as 3x4 feet with good results. I have sold them for $350 but
    > they cost me $200. If I get a state arts grant I am applying for I
    > will get the printer...then I can get the price down to where I can
    > sell more of them.

    If you get the printer your cost for a 36 x 48 canvas will be about $29.82
    give or take a little bit.

    Bob Hatch, Jun 28, 2004
  5. Gene Palmiter

    gsum Guest

    I second Bob's comments. My 7600 paid for itself very quickly and
    has worked perfectly for about 15 months. The 7600 costs about
    2600 UK pounds inc tax. Not sure of the cost of the 9600.

    Graham

    gsum, Jun 28, 2004