    know whether this is essential or is it possible to use the standard
    spindle with the Epson 7600?

    Graham

    gsum, Jul 5, 2004

  2. gsum

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "gsum" <> wrote in message
    news:40e95e6b$
    > According to Epson, media such as art paper and canvas need a
    > 3 inch high tension spindle, which is fairly expensive. Does anyone
    > know whether this is essential or is it possible to use the standard
    > spindle with the Epson 7600?
    >
    > Graham

    I use the standard one that shipped with the printer. I print 90% on Premium
    Luster one of the papers identified as needing the High Tension Spindle.
    I've also printed on Epson Canvas and Smooth Fine Art Paper and Adhesive
    Vinyl. So for me it works OK.
    --
    "Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
    this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke

    Bob Hatch, Jul 5, 2004

  3. gsum

    Jim Waggener Guest

    > I use the standard one that shipped with the printer. I print 90% on
    Premium
    > Luster one of the papers identified as needing the High Tension Spindle.
    > I've also printed on Epson Canvas and Smooth Fine Art Paper and Adhesive
    > Vinyl. So for me it works OK.
    > --
    > "Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
    > this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke
    > http://www.bobhatch.com

    Ditto What Bob said.

    I use Epson watercolor with the standard spindle with no problems.
    It may uncurl a little bit but it feeds just fine. I can't see buying the
    high tension one.

    Jim

    Jim Waggener, Jul 5, 2004
  4. gsum

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> wrote in message

    > Ditto What Bob said.
    >
    > I use Epson watercolor with the standard spindle with no problems.
    > It may uncurl a little bit but it feeds just fine. I can't see buying
    > the high tension one.
    >
    > Jim

    Hey Jim, do you still like your printer as much as I do mine?

    Bob Hatch, Jul 5, 2004
  5. gsum

    R Guest

    I use an Epson 2100 and sheet feed Hannemuhle canvas up to A3 in size with
    no ill effects...

    --
    www.kasstzam.com/photo

    R, Jul 6, 2004
  6. gsum

    Tom Scales Guest

    The 2100 and 7600 work entirely differently. His question has to do with the
    feed spool for roll paper.

    From what I have read on other lists, the spindle that comes with the
    printer is fine in almost every situation.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 6, 2004