    Can anyone help?!
    Thanks,
    Jake
    Jake, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Jake

    Tom Scales Guest

    You're running into a limitation of the Epson driver.

    QImage can get around it.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Jake

    Tom Monego Guest

    I print from a rip so it may not work as I say but, set the print for 60" print
    at 160%. Or make a Pdf, rasterize in photoshop at 500ppi (dpi in PS). Adjust
    size to 300 or 240 ppi. There are work arounds.

    Tom

    In article <>,
    says...

    Tom Monego, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Jake

    Ryadia Guest

    "Tom Scales" <> wrote in message
    > You're running into a limitation of the Epson driver.

    Wrong... Go to jail and don't pass go!

    Certainly Qimage can overcome a lot of printing problems but the underlying
    problem here is Adobe themselves being short sighted. It is only in recent
    times we have begun printing photographs as billboard size prints and Adobe
    has lost the plot in this regard. Photoshop craps out at 4 feet. Illustrator
    was never intended for billboard art anyway. I'm surprised it will print 5
    feet long.

    Corel Draw can be configured to "look" like Illustrator for those who find
    Adobe's interface workable (I can't imagine why anyone would bother). Save
    your work as a graphic file Draw will recognize then 'import' it to a blank
    canvas the size of your banner. Draw incidentally is free to download a
    trial version for 30 days.

    Some of the many benefits of Corel Draw and Corel paint are the way it
    handles blending of images. Anyone using a digital camera has probably
    desired to make panorama pics and blend one pic into another without a blunt
    join. The transparency tool of Corel lets you do just this in an instant.
    All Qimage does is attempt (sometimes quite poorly) to match the resolution
    of a file to the resolution of the printer. When it gets it wrong, it gets
    it wrong in a big way. When you get to 4 feet of a 5 foot long photo, is no
    time to discover a glitch in the program.

    Doug
    Ryadia, Jan 29, 2005
  5. Jake

    rafe bustin Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:10:37 GMT, "Ryadia" <> wrote:

    >"Tom Scales" <> wrote in message
    >> You're running into a limitation of the Epson driver.
    >>

    >Wrong... Go to jail and don't pass go!
    >
    >Certainly Qimage can overcome a lot of printing problems but the underlying
    >problem here is Adobe themselves being short sighted. It is only in recent
    >times we have begun printing photographs as billboard size prints and Adobe
    >has lost the plot in this regard. Photoshop craps out at 4 feet.

    You don't know what you're talking about, Ryadia.

    Go to <http://tinyurl.com/67aqk> and click on
    "Product Support Bulletin(s)"

    I've made prints 80" long on my Epson 7000, using
    the Epson driver on Win2K. Last I heard that was
    well over 4 feet.

    The Epson driver limits print length to 90.5" on
    the Epson 7x00/9x00/10x00.

    Photoshop versions 5 or 6 further limit the length
    to 83".

    Older versions of Photoshop had a limit of 30,000
    pixels per dimension. Photoshop CS ups this limit
    to 300,000 pixels in either dimension.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    rafe bustin, Jan 29, 2005
  6. Jake

    Ryadia Guest

    "rafe bustin" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:10:37 GMT, "Ryadia" <> wrote:
    >

    > You don't know what you're talking about, Ryadia.
    >
    > Go to <http://tinyurl.com/67aqk> and click on
    > "Product Support Bulletin(s)"

    Your are wrong in your first line Rafe.
    I have a letter from Adobe when I queried the problem my HP plotters have
    printing Photos longer than 1 metre from Photoshop (CS). I guess you're like
    all the other 'Experts" in this group and know better than them eh?
    Ryadia, Jan 29, 2005
  7. Jake

    rafe bustin Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:10:01 GMT, "Ryadia" <> wrote:

    >"rafe bustin" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:10:37 GMT, "Ryadia" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> You don't know what you're talking about, Ryadia.
    >>
    >> Go to <http://tinyurl.com/67aqk> and click on
    >> "Product Support Bulletin(s)"
    >>

    >Your are wrong in your first line Rafe.
    >I have a letter from Adobe when I queried the problem my HP plotters have
    >printing Photos longer than 1 metre from Photoshop (CS). I guess you're like
    >all the other 'Experts" in this group and know better than them eh?

    I cited a link to an Epson Product Support Bulletin,
    which discusses limits imposed by the Epson driver
    and by Photoshop.

    I've made prints on my own Epson 7000 that give the
    lie to your statement about a 4 foot print length limit.

    I obviously can't know what you were told in
    "a letter from Adobe," but the information I
    cited is public. I give no credence to private
    sources of information that can't be shared or
    verified.

    rafe b.
    http://wwww.terrapinphoto.com
    rafe bustin, Jan 29, 2005
  8. Jake

    > I obviously can't know what you were told in
    > "a letter from Adobe," but the information I
    > cited is public. I give no credence to private
    > sources of information that can't be shared or
    > verified.
    >

    > rafe b.
    > http://wwww.terrapinphoto.com

    Well Rafe...
    If you followed the forums on Adobe you'd know all about the print length
    problem.
    I'm not saying Epson printer drivers are faultless. I'm saying that Adobe
    photoshop has limits on the length it will print. Did you just take a few
    lines I wrote and figure you could get up my nose with the bit you know?

    Incidently... If the problem is a printer drive alone, how is it that Corel
    Draw can print 12 feet (maybe longer) banners when Photoshop craps out after
    a metre? Before you start about other not knowing what they are talking
    about, make sure you do first.

    Doug
    Ryadia, Jan 30, 2005
  9. Jake

    rafe bustin Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:12:44 GMT, "Ryadia" <> wrote:

    >"rafe bustin" <> wrote in message
    >> I obviously can't know what you were told in
    >> "a letter from Adobe," but the information I
    >> cited is public. I give no credence to private
    >> sources of information that can't be shared or
    >> verified.
    >>

    >> rafe b.
    >> http://wwww.terrapinphoto.com

    >Well Rafe...
    >If you followed the forums on Adobe you'd know all about the print length
    >problem.
    >I'm not saying Epson printer drivers are faultless. I'm saying that Adobe
    >photoshop has limits on the length it will print. Did you just take a few
    >lines I wrote and figure you could get up my nose with the bit you know?
    >
    >Incidently... If the problem is a printer drive alone, how is it that Corel
    >Draw can print 12 feet (maybe longer) banners when Photoshop craps out after
    >a metre?

    You have made this claim before (about
    Photoshop "crapping out" at 1 meter)
    and it is flat out false.

    >Before you start about other not knowing what they are talking
    >about, make sure you do first.

    Did you read the Epson service bulletin that
    I provided the link to? It very clearly lays
    out the role that Photoshop plays in setting
    the limits. And I summarized that in my first
    post in this thread.

    The driver imposes a limit of 90.5 inches.

    The 30,000 pixel limit (in PS versions prior
    to CS) imposes a limit of 83.3 inches.

    I have made 80" prints on my Epson 7000,
    using Photoshop 7.

    Photoshop CS now has a limit of 300,000
    pixels on a side, so the limit presumably
    goes back up to 90.5" -- ie. back to the
    Epson driver limit.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    rafe bustin, Jan 30, 2005
  10. Jake

    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:12:44 GMT, "Ryadia" <> wrote:
    >
    > I have made 80" prints on my Epson 7000,
    > using Photoshop 7.
    >
    > Photoshop CS now has a limit of 300,000
    > pixels on a side, so the limit presumably
    > goes back up to 90.5" -- ie. back to the
    > Epson driver limit.
    >

    > rafe b.
    > http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    So how far do you get with CS before it leaves a 500mm gap in the picture?
    Or worse, won't let you even reach the print with preview pane to get the
    thing started.
    Or agrees to print then craps out at 150mm of the picture?
    Maybe the Adobe forum posts from Adobe's own senior developer are giving
    wrong information?
    Or maybe you didn't have the demo plotter sent to my shop that no one could
    make print past a metre with Photoshop.
    Maybe, maybe maybe. Who knows? Certainly not you. Have you ever considered
    that what you experience is not the experience of others? No? Well now might
    be a good time to get rid of your attitude. The worls doesn't stop at Rafe
    Bustin's door step.

    Doug
    Ryadia, Jan 30, 2005
  11. Jake

    rafe bustin Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:33:49 GMT, "Ryadia" <> wrote:

    >So how far do you get with CS before it leaves a 500mm gap in the picture?
    >Or worse, won't let you even reach the print with preview pane to get the
    >thing started.
    >Or agrees to print then craps out at 150mm of the picture?
    >Maybe the Adobe forum posts from Adobe's own senior developer are giving
    >wrong information?
    >Or maybe you didn't have the demo plotter sent to my shop that no one could
    >make print past a metre with Photoshop.
    >Maybe, maybe maybe. Who knows? Certainly not you. Have you ever considered
    >that what you experience is not the experience of others? No? Well now might
    >be a good time to get rid of your attitude. The worls doesn't stop at Rafe
    >Bustin's door step.

    Doug, this will be my last post on the topic.
    This is not a pissing contest.

    It's also not about Adobe vs. Corel. If you
    will look at the Epson data that I cited you
    will see that Corel is in a different category
    from Photoshop, and not subject to the same limits.

    And it's not about HP plotters, it's about an
    Epson 7600. Please look at the title of the thread.

    I have pointed you at the facts from Epson
    (which you stubbornly refuse to read or
    acknowledge) and described my own experience
    with an Epson 7000.

    End of story. I've had enough of this
    foolish thread, and of you.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    rafe bustin, Jan 30, 2005
  12. Jake

    Tom Monego Guest

    Rafe's experience is mine also with an Epson 9000, though i do print from a rip
    mostly, I have done 84inch canvases from photoshop 7 with no problem.

    Tom

    In article <>,
    says...

    Tom Monego, Jan 30, 2005
  13. Tom Monego wrote:
    > Rafe's experience is mine also with an Epson 9000, though i do print from a rip
    > mostly, I have done 84inch canvases from photoshop 7 with no problem.
    >
    > Tom

    Pardon my intrusion but the thread really was about a 7600 Epson. Rafe's
    dogmatic attitude is as bad or no different than Ryadia's. Neither
    person (even you Tom) were / are talking about the thread's header
    really. Epson 7000 and 9000 are not 7600 are they?

    I've hit the wall with my Canon plotter and Photoshop CS at about 1200
    mm so maybe Ryadia was on to something in the first place? There was a
    thread on the Adobe forums about this a few months back. It seems that
    Photoshop CS does indeed have limitations on the size of paper which can
    be defined by the printer. I too used Corel Draw to get over the
    problem. (I don't have illustrator so I can't comment). I think the
    problem is with using a roll feeder. These things (obviously) are
    variable length but you have to define a fixed length in the document.

    --
    EOS my GOD,
    Give me ISO for I have not yet seen the light.
    Deciple of EOS, Jan 31, 2005
  14. Jake

    rafe bustin Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:43:01 +1000, Deciple of EOS
    <> wrote:

    >Tom Monego wrote:
    >> Rafe's experience is mine also with an Epson 9000, though i do print from a rip
    >> mostly, I have done 84inch canvases from photoshop 7 with no problem.
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>

    >Pardon my intrusion but the thread really was about a 7600 Epson. Rafe's
    > dogmatic attitude is as bad or no different than Ryadia's. Neither
    >person (even you Tom) were / are talking about the thread's header
    >really. Epson 7000 and 9000 are not 7600 are they?

    The Epson PDF which I cited (and provided a link
    for) gives print length specifications for all of
    the Epson Wide Format models, from the 4000 on up
    to the 10000, using Photoshop, Corel Draw, Quark
    Xpress, and Illustrator. In Epson's data, there
    is no difference on models from the 7000 on up --
    ie., print lenght limits (using Epson driver) are
    identical for the 7000, 7500, 7600, 9000, 9500,
    9600, and 10000.

    >I've hit the wall with my Canon plotter and Photoshop CS at about 1200
    >mm so maybe Ryadia was on to something in the first place? There was a
    >thread on the Adobe forums about this a few months back. It seems that
    >Photoshop CS does indeed have limitations on the size of paper which can
    >be defined by the printer. I too used Corel Draw to get over the
    >problem. (I don't have illustrator so I can't comment). I think the
    >problem is with using a roll feeder. These things (obviously) are
    >variable length but you have to define a fixed length in the document.

    Read the freaking Epson PDF, for crying out loud.
    Unless you'd prefer to argue than actually learn
    something.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    rafe bustin, Jan 31, 2005
  15. rafe bustin wrote:

    > Read the freaking Epson PDF, for crying out loud.
    > Unless you'd prefer to argue than actually learn
    > something.
    >

    > rafe b.
    > http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Ahh. Hit a nerve have we? Must drill slower then, in future.

    Deciple of EOS, Jan 31, 2005
  16. Jake

    rafe bustin Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:06:15 +1000, Deciple of EOS
    <> wrote:

    >rafe bustin wrote:
    >>
    >> Read the freaking Epson PDF, for crying out loud.
    >> Unless you'd prefer to argue than actually learn
    >> something.

    Do you think I'm going to waste a lot
    of effort arguing with someone who
    can't even spell "disciple??