    and Epson Enhanced matte.

    Thanks for any help

    Bob j.
    Serial # 19781010, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Serial # 19781010

    CSM1 Guest

    "Serial # 19781010" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am wanting to accuratly asses my cost of making prints with my Epson
    > 7600. I know the printer comes with status mointer but I really want
    > to know exact amounts for each print. I think this is possible as
    > when the ink gets low I get a 7% and on down reading after each print.
    > Does anyone know of any such software or has anyone done
    > determinations of cost for their printing. I print mostly on Canvas
    > and Epson Enhanced matte.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Bob j.

    You do know that the Epson Status monitor gives a false report. It is
    designed to sell ink cartridges.

    Epson Status monitor does not read the actual ink, It reads a chip on the
    cartridge that is set by the printer to whatever it wants to display.

    There is only one way to access the true cost of ink. Get a cartridge chip
    resetter, reset the chip when the status monitor says you are out of ink,
    continue to use the cartridge until no more ink. Replace the Cartridge,
    count every page that you print until the cartridge is really empty again
    (reset the chip when ink monitor says empty.)

    Epson's Estimated cost per square foot, in US Dollars,
    http://www.epson.com/cmc_upload/0/0... Ink Usage and Cost per Square Foot Table.pdf

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Serial # 19781010

    Bob Hatch Guest

    > I am wanting to accuratly asses my cost of making prints with my Epson
    > 7600. I know the printer comes with status mointer but I really want
    > to know exact amounts for each print. I think this is possible as
    > when the ink gets low I get a 7% and on down reading after each print.
    > Does anyone know of any such software or has anyone done
    > determinations of cost for their printing. I print mostly on Canvas
    > and Epson Enhanced matte.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Bob j.

    The printer has a built in function that will print a report on ink used and
    paper used for your last 9 jobs. It is accessed on the printer by pressing
    the SelecType once, then the down arrow button once and you will see the
    words Test Print, Press the SelecType button once, the Press the down arrow
    button until you see the Job Info, press the SelecType button the press
    enter. A report will print that will show exact amount of ink used on each
    of the last 9 jobs.

    --
    "Just as the Left was anti-anticommunist,
    so too then are they anti-antiterrorist." --Robert Spencer
    Bob Hatch, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Serial # 19781010

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "CSM1" <> wrote in message

    > You do know that the Epson Status monitor gives a false report. It is
    > designed to sell ink cartridges.
    >
    > Epson Status monitor does not read the actual ink, It reads a chip on the
    > cartridge that is set by the printer to whatever it wants to display.
    >
    > There is only one way to access the true cost of ink. Get a cartridge chip
    > resetter, reset the chip when the status monitor says you are out of ink,
    > continue to use the cartridge until no more ink. Replace the Cartridge,
    > count every page that you print until the cartridge is really empty again
    > (reset the chip when ink monitor says empty.)

    IMO this would be a really dumb thing to do with a 7600. The amount of ink
    in the ink tubes is significant and I think would require a recharge of the
    system. I've taken one of the 220 carts apart when the printer said it was
    empty and the amount of ink remaining in the ink bag was insignificant.

    Want to know the true cost run the report.

    Bob Hatch, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Serial # 19781010

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    The status monitor is not an accurate way of measuring ink, according to an
    Epson tech that I spoke with. It is more of an estimate than anything else.
    Supposedly, this depends upon the printer model as well.
    Has me confused too!
    Harry Da Hat, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Thank you for the info!! I have always relied upon this group and it
    has never let me down. I have been reading and posting here since
    1996.

    Thanks for this and everything along the way.

    Bob Johnson

    www.rfjphotography.com
    Serial # 19781010, Nov 5, 2003