Epson 64 bit Windows drivers are available!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by LDJ, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    LDJ, Nov 18, 2005

  2. And the Epson 1280 drivers actually work quite well.
    Unfortunately if one wants to use monitor calibration and color management
    in Photoshop the drivers for one's calibration device will not work with
    Win64. However it is possible to sort of fake calibration by installing the
    calibration program, which sets the monitor profile at boot up, and importing
    the monitor and any custom paper profiles from your Win32 installation into
    Win64. Color management actually works this way, sort of. However clearly one
    is not able to delete WIn32, is dependent on Win32 and it is not clear that
    there is any real advantage to resorting to these shenanigans.

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=, Nov 19, 2005

  3. LDJ

    PJB Guest

    PJB, Nov 20, 2005
  4. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    PJB wrote:
    > Most of the newer printer have been available for around 2 months

    It's possible that the drivers have been available, for some time, but
    IMO it's most important to get the message out :)

    LDJ, Nov 21, 2005
  5. LDJ

    Roy Coorne Guest

    LDJ schrieb:
    > PJB wrote:

    > It's possible that the drivers have been available, for some time, but
    > IMO it's most important to get the message out :)

    Why?

    People who look for those drivers will browse the manufacturer's
    website, won't they.

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, Nov 21, 2005
  6. Roy Coorne wrote:

    > Why?
    >
    > People who look for those drivers will browse the manufacturer's
    > website, won't they.

    Well, one would certainly think so, but an awful lot of people do need
    to be told to seek drivers from the manufacturers, rather than from
    Microsoft. It's kinda frightening, actually....

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Nov 22, 2005
  7. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Bruce!

    Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > Roy Coorne wrote:
    >

    >> Why?
    >>
    >> People who look for those drivers will browse the manufacturer's
    >> website, won't they.
    >>

    > Well, one would certainly think so, but an awful lot of people do
    > need to be told to seek drivers from the manufacturers, rather than from
    > Microsoft. It's kinda frightening, actually....

    Every time I see a posting about a driver release, either here or on
    PlanetAMD64, a driver which has been lacking, I will share the news. :)

    I don't expect people to write solely about things that I don't know
    anything about. If they write about things that I know already, I have 2
    that I have found.

    It doesn't ruin my day, if I see a question i.e.. how to decorate an
    *.INF file; which mass storage dev. driver to use with the F6 option,
    when installing WinXP64 etc. Although I have seen subjects regarding
    such matters hundreds of times, I consider that the person who ask for
    help doesn't know the answer. :)

    Kind Regards
    LDJ

    LDJ, Nov 22, 2005