    couple hundred dollars?

    Jeff

    , Dec 18, 2006

  2. tomm42 Guest

    On Dec 18, 12:15 pm, wrote:
    > I'm looking to buy a scanner that will allow me to scan a bunch of 6x6
    > and 35mm transparencies, and print them (at least, the 6x6 ones) to
    > about a 20 x 30" size. Reviews of the 4990 and V700 that I've read
    > indicate that both are very good, but is the V700 worth the extra
    > couple hundred dollars?
    >
    > Jeff

    I've had a V700 since April, it is an excellent scanner, far better
    than the Expression 1600 it replaced. I have done some full res scans
    but haven't printed any, for doing large prints you might be better
    with a Nikon LS9000, yes I know it is 3-4X the price, but for 20x30
    prints you need all the res you can get. I wouldn't mind 16x20s out of
    the V700, I just think 20x30s is pushing it.

    Tom

    tomm42, Dec 18, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I'm looking to buy a scanner that will allow me to scan a bunch of 6x6
    > and 35mm transparencies, and print them (at least, the 6x6 ones) to
    > about a 20 x 30" size. Reviews of the 4990 and V700 that I've read
    > indicate that both are very good, but is the V700 worth the extra
    > couple hundred dollars?
    >
    > Jeff

    I went for the V750, it has a few features beyond the 700 a little
    different optical system and better software FWIW. I've yet to do a
    really big scan from my 6x6.....the scanner does really nice for 4x5 and
    8x10.
    --
    George W. Bush is the President Quayle we never had.

    Gregory Blank, Dec 19, 2006