    Does the Epson 4000 print margin to margin? This would give a printing width
    of 17". Or is the actual print only 16" (allowing for the margin)?
    Nobody
    nobody, Mar 28, 2005

  2. nobody

    Inaccessible Guest

    In article <BE6D94AE.1DCB%>,
    nobody <> wrote:

    > Does the Epson 4000 print margin to margin? This would give a printing width
    > of 17". Or is the actual print only 16" (allowing for the margin)?
    > Nobody

    From what I understand 16" on sheets, borderless on rolls.
    Inaccessible, Mar 28, 2005

  3. nobody

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >Does the Epson 4000 print margin to margin? This would give a printing

    >width of 17". Or is the actual print only 16" (allowing for the

    margin)

    According to the manual you can print borderless on the 17" wide paper,
    using either rolls or cut sheets, with the caveat that with 17x22"
    sheets you can print borderless on the 17" side but not on the 22" side
    since it needs space to grab the paper.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Mar 28, 2005
  4. nobody

    nobody Guest

    Thanks Bill, Mr. Inaccessible seems to disagree with you, who is right?
    This means that I cannot have a 17" square picture, it would have to be 16"
    then, or may bw 16.5?

    On 28/3/05 3:29 pm, in article
    , "Bill Hilton"

    nobody, Mar 28, 2005
  5. nobody

    Inaccessible Guest

    In article <BE6DDD70.1E26%>,
    nobody <> wrote:

    > Thanks Bill, Mr. Inaccessible seems to disagree with you, who is right?
    > This means that I cannot have a 17" square picture, it would have to be 16"
    > then, or may bw 16.5?

    You can check with Epson, barring that I would go with Bill he's
    usually on top of this type stuff.
    Inaccessible, Mar 28, 2005
  6. nobody

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >Thanks Bill, Mr. Inaccessible seems to disagree with you, who is
    right?

    If I had actually printed 17" wide I'd be sure, but I always go 16x20"
    or 16x24", I LIKE the margins for mounting purposes.

    At any rate, I was just repeating what's in the manual but it might be
    wrong, maybe Mark Morgan or another 4000 user has actually printed 17"
    wide and can confirm. Here's a jpeg showing what's in the on-line
    manual, it took two screen dumps to get it all so it's a big jpeg but
    at least you can see what the manual says about printing borderless ...
    http://members.aol.com/bhilton665/borderless.jpg

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Mar 28, 2005
  7. nobody