    can't just rotate the photo in my software for various reasons that
    have to do with what I am doing with the photos. Does anyone know how
    to get the printer to print in landscape?

    Bob, Dec 14, 2006

  2. Bob

    Jim Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am trying to print out photos with my 1280 and I want to print them
    > out in landscape. I am using 8.5 x 11 photo paper and want to load the
    > printer with the 11" first instead of loading it with the short side. I
    > can't just rotate the photo in my software for various reasons that
    > have to do with what I am doing with the photos. Does anyone know how
    > to get the printer to print in landscape?

    I just set the printer driver to landscape mode. And, I do use a 1280.
    Jim

    Jim, Dec 14, 2006

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to print out photos with my 1280 and I want to print them
    > > out in landscape. I am using 8.5 x 11 photo paper and want to load the
    > > printer with the 11" first instead of loading it with the short side. I
    > > can't just rotate the photo in my software for various reasons that
    > > have to do with what I am doing with the photos. Does anyone know how
    > > to get the printer to print in landscape?
    > >

    > I just set the printer driver to landscape mode. And, I do use a 1280.
    > Jim

    Jim,
    Thanks for the tip. I am taking for granted that you are talking about
    going into the properties of the printer after I select it to print and
    checking the "landscape" box. I have done that and it still wants to
    print in what looks like protrait. I am using a document in MS WORD
    that I put 3 pictures in and the document is in landscape. When I look
    at the print preview it shows it correctly. So I load my paper with the
    11" down and it won't print across the whole 11". I hope you can
    understand what I am trying to say.

    Bob, Dec 14, 2006
  4. Bob

    bmoag Guest

    There is no clear reason why the image will not printed properly with the
    shorter end of the paper inserted, as is customary, if you have set up Word
    and your printer driver correctly. As you likely are aware if set up
    properly the printer driver will rotate the image the requisite 90 degrees.
    If you are trying to print outside of what Word recognizes as the printable
    boundaries for the paper size and printer you have problems as Word is
    inflexible in this regard although it is not supposed to be.
    You may have to use a desktop publishing program or see if you can assemble
    what you want to print in Photoshop. However those programs will load the
    paper short end first and rotate the image 90 degrees as well.

    bmoag, Dec 14, 2006
  5. Bob

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > going into the properties of the printer after I select it to print and
    > checking the "landscape" box. I have done that and it still wants to
    > print in what looks like protrait. I am using a document in MS WORD
    > that I put 3 pictures in and the document is in landscape. When I look
    > at the print preview it shows it correctly. So I load my paper with the
    > 11" down and it won't print across the whole 11". I hope you can
    > understand what I am trying to say.

    There is no need to rotate the physical paper, and in fact that will defeat
    the purpose. Just set landscape mode in the page setup, load the paper
    vertically, and print away.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Dec 14, 2006
  6. Bob

    Tintack Guest

    Just do as the other posts say it will not start at the top of the print in
    landscape but at the side

    Tintack, Dec 14, 2006