    repair manual either.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    TIA, Matt

    Matt, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Matt

    Robertwgross Guest

    Matt wrote:
    >Does anyone have any ideas?

    Call the Epson trouble line. They will ask you a bunch of questions. It can't
    hurt.

    They directed me to either of two Epson repair shops that were within five
    miles of me. I took it to one, and they had the thing repaired within 24 hours.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Matt

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    When you open the top, there is a lever on the right side. Make sure it is at
    the + position.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On 01 Dec 2003 06:10:12 GMT, (Robertwgross) wrote:

    >Matt wrote:
    >>Does anyone have any ideas?

    >Call the Epson trouble line. They will ask you a bunch of questions. It can't
    >hurt.
    >
    >They directed me to either of two Epson repair shops that were within five
    >miles of me. I took it to one, and they had the thing repaired within 24 hours.
    >
    >---Bob Gross---

    I called Epson and they charge nearly $10 just for assistance.
    However, they said they'd never heard of such a problem and reversed
    the charges, since they couldn't help me. I was given the location of
    a repair shop (as you said, witin 5 miles) and brought it in this
    morning. It should be interesting to find out what went haywire with
    it. Sure seems funny that the elaborate error detection system and
    self-diagnostic gave absolutely no indication.

    Matt, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Matt

    Robertwgross Guest

    Matt wrote:
    >I called Epson and they charge nearly $10 just for assistance.
    >However, they said they'd never heard of such a problem and reversed
    >the charges, since they couldn't help me. I was given the location of
    >a repair shop (as you said, witin 5 miles) and brought it in this
    >morning. It should be interesting to find out what went haywire with
    >it. Sure seems funny that the elaborate error detection system and
    >self-diagnostic gave absolutely no indication.

    My experience with the Epson trouble line was the same. They needed to be able
    to charge me for "stupidity advice". Then after they listened to the symptoms
    and saw it wasn't due to stupidity, they cancelled the charge and directed me
    to the repair shops. I think the repair charge on mine was less than $100.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Dec 1, 2003
  6. In article <>,
    Matt <> wrote:

    > My 1270 has performed well since I bought it a couple years ago, but
    > today it suddenly starts printing solid black (soaked-through) pages.
    > No error messages, no indication that anything is wrong. Carriage
    > feed functions OK. Re-installed driver, reset EPROM, changed
    > cartridges, no improvement. Can't find anything helpful in the 1270
    > repair manual either.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > TIA, Matt

    Can it do the print head test OK? It could be that the driver on your
    computer is scrambled. I've seen damaged drivers do stranger things.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Dec 4, 2003