    celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
    this a normal temp?

    Hugh

    Hugh Sutherland, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Hugh Sutherland

    why? Guest

    why?, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Hugh Sutherland

    staple Guest

    "Hugh Sutherland" <> wrote in message
    news:bLNjd.5897$...
    >I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
    > celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
    > this a normal temp?
    >
    > Hugh

    Up to 60 C is safe for that CPU, if that's too hot for you, consider an
    aftermarket cooling solution. Thermaltake makes some nice ones.

    staple, Nov 8, 2004
  4. THE FAN on the CPU blows cool air onto the block which is normal. How
    should my other fans be blowing air? My side panel fan was blowing air out,
    but I turned it around to suck cool air in and blow on M/B and CPU.
    Is ths ok to have it suck air in or blow out for this side panel fan.
    Also I am planning to get a fan for the back of the case and fit it below
    the P/S. Should it blow out or suck air in?

    Same question for fan in front of case?

    Hugh

    Hugh Sutherland, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Hugh Sutherland

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:19:55 -0500, Hugh Sutherland wrote:

    >THE FAN on the CPU blows cool air onto the block which is normal. How
    >should my other fans be blowing air? My side panel fan was blowing air out,
    >but I turned it around to suck cool air in and blow on M/B and CPU.
    >Is ths ok to have it suck air in or blow out for this side panel fan.
    >Also I am planning to get a fan for the back of the case and fit it below
    >the P/S. Should it blow out or suck air in?

    See the AMD www.amd.com tech docs, one of the papers shows case air flow
    diagrams.

    If that's a bit difficult,
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182,00.html

    See the options

    System Building

    Building an AMD processor based PC? Find recommended component lists and
    other documentation to help build, upgrade or optimize your system.

    * System Building Guide
    * System Component Information
    (Motherboards, Heatsinks, etc...)
    * AMD Athlon XP Recommended Motherboards

    Even more of a hint,

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_9339,00.html

    System Building Guide

    Find documentation on building and installing a reliable and stable
    computer system.

    * Processor and heatsink installation Video
    * AMD Athlon XP Build and Installation Guide
    * AMD Athlon MP Build and Installation Guide

    The 2nd link from the list above,
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_869_4348^1065,00.html

    Pick one,

    Build & Installation Guides Publication # Revision Issue Date

    Builders Guide for Desktop/Tower Systems 26003 A 05/10/02

    AMD Thermal, Mechanical, and Chassis Cooling Design Guide 23794 H
    11/29/02

    Socket A AMD Processor and Heatsink Installation Guide 23986
    12/01/00

    One Page AMD Athlon™ and AMD Duron™ Processor-Based System Build
    Checklist 24387 A 10/01/00

    AMD Athlon™ Processor System Cooling Guidelines N/A 04/01/00

    FAQs and Recommendations for an AMD Athlon™ Processor-Based Computer N/A
    02/01/00

    If that still doesn't answer your question try the document, note the
    filename at the end.

    summary
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/cooling_guide.pdf
    from
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/23794.pdf

    >Same question for fan in front of case?

    Also try Google,
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 283,000 English pages for
    air flow side case fan
    (0.23 seconds)

    http://www.overclockers.com/tips824/
    http://forums.devhardware.com/archive/t-25622
    http://forum.pcstats.com/archive/index.php/t-25319.html

    >Hugh
    >

    >"Hugh Sutherland" <> wrote in message
    >>I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
    >> celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
    >> this a normal temp?

    Me

    why?, Nov 8, 2004