EPIC viral issues

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by puncypanda, Jul 8, 2009.

1. puncypanda

puncypanda

hi guys
    im not really sure if im supposed to put virus stuff on this forum but ill try anyways.
    anyhelp is embraced HUGELY!!!
    iv had some issues with viruses since i downloaded an infected file and forgot to scan it before opening.
    WOT HAPPENED -
    first off i ran AVG free which didnt pick up much at all. then i got the blue screen of death once or twice so i started up in safe mode and again ran avg which didnt pick up a huge amount again. then i went through the results from the scan and looked over all the files which had not been covered by the scan and were labelled as being "Locked." i googled a couple of there names, one of which was twex.exe and i got a few hits so i tried removing it various ways until i just deleted it straight from the system32 folder, just leaving a twex.dll file behind which i cant remove. did i do the wrong thing? after this i did a system restore to before i downloaded the virus but it has seemingly made very little difference.
    i then downloaded Malwarebyte's antimalware which picked up like 30 hits in the first 30 secs of the scan. that was largely successful but there still remain some problems. firstly every program or file i open i get one of the "an unidentified program wants access to your computer; allow, cancel" etc. is there any way i can stop this without turning off the entire User Account Control feature?
    secondly i have been following some enstructions on other threads and forums and have gone to "msconfig" to manage my startup program. BIG PROBLEM HERE!!! i am pretty sure there are viruses on this list cos there is exactly 36 programs from an "unknown" manufacturer with names such as "\YURA42E.exe". the problem is that when i untick the boxes which disables these programs and i then click apply, they all automatically tick again. im pretty sure that it is the workings of numerous viruses but i could be wrong and it could be a windows application.
    the last problem is that when i startup i get 2 messages saying that the 2 certain files "Could not load or run... Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry. this is rather annoying so a solution would be awesome.
    thanks for your help it is much appreciated :)

P.S. i am not a very computer orientated person and so an easy to comprehend response with babhy steps would be great. Thanks again.
    puncypanda, Jul 8, 2009
    1. Advertising

2. puncypanda

technoplume

Try Spybot seak and destroy. This malware removal tool is very powerfull.

Run your computer in safe mode and try to shut down the application you suspect are virus whit the task manage ( press ctrl+ald+del 1 time ) or winkey+r then type : taskmgr.exe and return. Then run your malware and virus removal tool.

I would also try a rootkit remover. Rootkit infection are rare but are becoming a new trend.

Finally if u can't find a solution reformatting the c drive. Make sur your other drive don't have virus on them.

Good luck
    technoplume, Sep 10, 2009
    1. Advertising