    rounded on the top (not flat like the others). In fact one of them has some
    CORROSION on it. Should I be worried? Its been loke this for awhile.

    Hugh

    F Sutherland, Jun 7, 2005

  2. F Sutherland

    Guest

    On "F Sutherland" <> wrote:

    |>As in any MB you got lots of capacitors and most of mine are all flat at the
    |>top. I got 4 in a row near the CPU (I believe have to do with voltage since
    |>they are near where the P/S plug plugs into the board) that seems to be
    |>rounded on the top (not flat like the others). In fact one of them has some
    |>CORROSION on it. Should I be worried? Its been loke this for awhile.

    |>Hugh
    :)

    Yes, rounded caps are a bad thing and have taken more than one MB
    down. There was also a time bad electrolyte was used and many many
    MB's went bad.

    Most likely not going to have to worry about the heat problem, soon.

    --

    , Jun 7, 2005

  3. F Sutherland

    PC Guest

    "F Sutherland" <> wrote in message
    > As in any MB you got lots of capacitors and most of mine are all flat at
    > the top. I got 4 in a row near the CPU (I believe have to do with voltage
    > since they are near where the P/S plug plugs into the board) that seems to
    > be rounded on the top (not flat like the others). In fact one of them has
    > some CORROSION on it. Should I be worried? Its been loke this for
    > awhile.
    >
    > Hugh

    Hugh

    There are heaps of stories on the web about this problem, in essense however
    the problem is centred around Chinese capacitor makers and pirated
    electrolyte formula. You should start planning a motherboard replacement
    ASAP.

    You will probably find the economics of repairing the present motherboard
    don't add up. To be be safe you should replace any other low ESR capacitors
    on the motherboard in case they come from the same source.
    Don't know prices for bits over your way but the last time I checked here
    (NZ) the price of the caps alone was more that the replacement cost of a new
    Motherboard.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jun 7, 2005
  4. F Sutherland

    Plato Guest

    F Sutherland wrote:

    > rounded on the top (not flat like the others). In fact one of them has some
    > CORROSION on it. Should I be worried? Its been loke this for awhile.

    Yes you should be worried and be planning on a motherboard replacement.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 7, 2005