    focus is well out but the exposure is good.why can't canon get it right?especially when one is paying £850 for the PRIVILAGE of
    owning such a tool...any comment's? rgds from TBM...

    ---
    tbm, Jun 11, 2004

  2. tbm

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "tbm" <> stated that:

    >ok,so one wants to lock the exposure,one is also on centre focus point.so one trains the camera down or near to the subject one
    >wants to expose for.senario is-the camera then locks up on focus and exposure,then one recomposes the picture and hey presto-the
    >focus is well out but the exposure is good.why can't canon get it right?especially when one is paying £850 for the PRIVILAGE of
    >owning such a tool...any comment's? rgds from TBM...

    If I could read your post without getting eyestrain, I might be able to
    help you. In the meantime, you'll find that your owners' manual covers
    all this stuff.

    Lionel, Jun 11, 2004

  3. tbm

    bagal Guest

    Hmm Lionel - I wonder?

    I wonder if camera shops should provide classes in digital photography?

    Or have information to organisations, individuals or camera clubs that
    provide a bit of theory and practice about digital photography?

    I know the climbing equipment stores I visit usually have some details about
    some local training initiatives. It is a creative solution which may
    transfer or translate to digital photography too

    Certainly there is no shortage of experienced people prepared to offer
    guidance

    Just wondering aloud really...

    das B

    bagal, Jun 11, 2004
  4. In article <YDjyc.67$5k3.30@newsfe4-gui>, tbm
    <> wrote:

    > ok,so one wants to lock the exposure,one is also on centre focus point.so one
    > trains the camera down or near to the subject one
    > wants to expose for.senario is-the camera then locks up on focus and
    > exposure,then one recomposes the picture and hey presto-the
    > focus is well out but the exposure is good.why can't canon get it
    > right?especially when one is paying £850 for the PRIVILAGE of
    > owning such a tool...any comment's? rgds from TBM...

    Hmm...that's pretty much the way I do it and it works every time. Of
    course, if the subject moves then the focus will be different. Guess
    that's Canon's fault too?
    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 11, 2004
  5. In article <6ykyc.685$Qw3.565@newsfe5-win>, bagal <>
    wrote:
    > Or have information to organisations, individuals or camera clubs that
    > provide a bit of theory and practice about digital photography?
    >
    > I know the climbing equipment stores I visit usually have some details about
    > some local training initiatives. It is a creative solution which may
    > transfer or translate to digital photography too
    >
    > Certainly there is no shortage of experienced people prepared to offer
    > guidance

    It's been my experience through the years that amateurs don't want to
    learn. It's best to let them wallow in their stupidity.
    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 11, 2004
  6. tbm

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "bagal" <> stated that:

    >Hmm Lionel - I wonder?
    >
    >I wonder if camera shops should provide classes in digital photography?

    Actually, many of the bigger camera shops in my city do exactly that. I
    would've assumed that it'd be common in other cities as well.

    Lionel, Jun 11, 2004
  7. tbm

    bagal Guest

    Is fault finding more important than solution finding?

    In my limited experience manufacturers produce the goods & marketing raises
    the expectations

    When the 2 are hand-in-hand everything is hunky-dory

    If divergence or splits appear, well that seems to get everyone in a bit of
    a spin.

    F'r example P&S - these vary from cardboard boxes with plastic lenses to
    mega-£s units

    A consumer expects a mega£ unit to perform a wee bit better

    There you go! I rabbit on agan tsk!
    das B

    bagal, Jun 11, 2004
  8. Lionel wrote:

    > Kibo informs me that "bagal" <> stated that:
    >

    >>Hmm Lionel - I wonder?
    >>
    >>I wonder if camera shops should provide classes in digital photography?

    > Actually, many of the bigger camera shops in my city do exactly that. I
    > would've assumed that it'd be common in other cities as well.

    Speaking from the Left side of the continental US, some do, some don't,
    but it's a factor in choosing who to buy from in my book.

    I have just signed up for a reasonably intensive Photoshop class at a
    local community college, on recommendation by working artists in the area.

    --
    John McWilliams

    "Um, his vocabulary, like, uh, really, ah....... sucked."
    John McWilliams, Jun 11, 2004
  9. tbm

    Guest

    bagal <> wrote:
    > Hmm Lionel - I wonder?

    > I wonder if camera shops should provide classes in digital photography?

    Some do.
    , Jun 12, 2004
  10. tbm

    DJ Guest