    orion Guest

    Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
    more shots in burst mode before waiting...?
    orion, Jun 2, 2004

  2. In article <xurvc.2529$>,
    says...
    > Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
    > more shots in burst mode before waiting...?

    Not unless you are an electrical engineer with some time on your hands.
    I think the easiest solution is to upgrade to a 10D or a 1D.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 2, 2004

  3. orion

    Alan D-W Guest

    "orion" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
    > more shots in burst mode before waiting...?

    Nope.
    Alan D-W, Jun 2, 2004
  4. orion

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Alan D-W wrote:

    > "orion" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
    >> more shots in burst mode before waiting...?
    >>

    > Nope.

    I dunno.. Perhaps that's the next firmware hack :)

    They've sure 'enabled' a lot of hidden features for the
    300D lately.
    Jim Townsend, Jun 2, 2004
  5. On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:22:35 -0500, Jim Townsend <>
    wrote:

    >Alan D-W wrote:
    >

    >> "orion" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is there any option to increase the buffer size, with a view to obtaining
    >>> more shots in burst mode before waiting...?
    >>>

    >> Nope.

    >I dunno.. Perhaps that's the next firmware hack :)

    lol

    >They've sure 'enabled' a lot of hidden features for the
    >300D lately.

    True, I guess it all depends on the physical buffer n hardware...

    Its potentially possible that they are the same, but its not yet been
    possible to hack into it... I know the hack to tell the camera there
    is more hangs the camera according to reports.

    Even so... the extra shots of the 10D are still quite low in number! I
    believe this is one place where the 70 out performs every make, its
    supposedly 100 or so shots... not sure how accurate that is, and what
    its dependent on, but I'm guessing that it forces a slow down but
    continues to burst... as apposed to burst, wait for card writes,
    burst.

    Would be interested to hear some 70 users reports on that.

    Jon
    --
    Jonathan Wilson.
    www.somethingerotic.com
    Jonathan Wilson, Jun 3, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > Even so... the extra shots of the 10D are still quite low in number! I
    > believe this is one place where the 70 out performs every make, its
    > supposedly 100 or so shots... not sure how accurate that is, and what
    > its dependent on, but I'm guessing that it forces a slow down but
    > continues to burst... as apposed to burst, wait for card writes,
    > burst.

    The 300D, 10D and D70 are all limited by their write buffers. All will
    continue to take shots after the buffer is full, at a rate determined by
    how fast the camera writes to the CF card. dpreview.com has the exact
    figures in their reviews.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 3, 2004