    _MG_0051.CR2, etc., and while it's only cosmetic, it is driving me slightly
    nuts. I've reformatted the card in the camera, and it hasn't fixed it.
    Strangeness.

    Chris Brown, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Chris Brown

    John Bean Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 11:30:43 GMT, Chris Brown
    <_uce_please.com> wrote:

    >Have any other new 5D owners noticed anything like this? Initially, it
    >started naming my images as you'd expect: IMG_0001.CR2, IMG_0002.CR2, etc.,
    >but now for some reason it's decided it wants to call them _MG_0050.CR2,
    >_MG_0051.CR2, etc., and while it's only cosmetic, it is driving me slightly
    >nuts. I've reformatted the card in the camera, and it hasn't fixed it.
    >Strangeness.

    Dunno Chris but I'll guess you maybe set Adobe RGB (rather
    than sRGB) for in-camera JPEG production. I know this
    shouldn't effect the naming conventions used in raw
    filenames, but...

    --
    Regards

    John Bean

    John Bean, Oct 2, 2005

  3. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    John Bean <> wrote:

    >Dunno Chris but I'll guess you maybe set Adobe RGB (rather
    >than sRGB) for in-camera JPEG production. I know this
    >shouldn't effect the naming conventions used in raw
    >filenames, but...

    Ah, I did indeed do that, even though I don't use JPEG, to try and force
    AdobeRGB as the default in the raw convertor. I'll change it back and see
    what happens. Thanks!

    Chris Brown, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Chris Brown

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 11:30:43 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Chris Brown
    <_uce_please.com> wrote:

    >Have any other new 5D owners noticed anything like this? Initially, it
    >started naming my images as you'd expect: IMG_0001.CR2, IMG_0002.CR2, etc.,
    >but now for some reason it's decided it wants to call them _MG_0050.CR2,
    >_MG_0051.CR2, etc., and while it's only cosmetic, it is driving me slightly
    >nuts. I've reformatted the card in the camera, and it hasn't fixed it.
    >Strangeness.

    No, you changed the camera color space to Adobe RBG, right?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf, Oct 2, 2005