    Rob Guest

    I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different settings,
    what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?
    Rob, May 11, 2005

  2. Rob

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different
    >settings, what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

    Shooting RAW at low ISO (100-200) with a similar sized Canon (1D M II)
    I typically get about 125-130 images per GB. Higher ISO RAW images
    would give fewer since they are noiser and don't compress as well in
    RAW format. Maybe ~100 at ISO 800, for example.

    Jpegs are much smaller and you can store several times more jpegs than
    RAWs on the same sized card.
    Bill Hilton, May 11, 2005

  3. Rob wrote:

    > I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different settings,
    > what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

    http://canonusa.com/html/canonindex.html
    Drill down to 20D product support and download the manual in PDF format.
    See pages 46-48.

    -Dave
    Dave Herzstein, May 11, 2005
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    On 11 May 2005 04:50:38 -0700, "Bill Hilton" <>
    wrote:

    >>I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different
    >>settings, what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

    >Shooting RAW at low ISO (100-200) with a similar sized Canon (1D M II)
    >I typically get about 125-130 images per GB. Higher ISO RAW images
    >would give fewer since they are noiser and don't compress as well in
    >RAW format. Maybe ~100 at ISO 800, for example.
    >
    >Jpegs are much smaller and you can store several times more jpegs than
    >RAWs on the same sized card.

    thank you Bill.
    Rob, May 11, 2005
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:36:38 -0700, Dave Herzstein
    <> wrote:

    >Rob wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different settings,
    >> what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

    >http://canonusa.com/html/canonindex.html
    >Drill down to 20D product support and download the manual in PDF format.
    >See pages 46-48.
    >
    >-Dave

    thank you Dave.
    Rob, May 11, 2005
  6. Rob

    nk Guest

    I have the 20d. On a 2 gig card here is what I would get.
    Jpeg setting 513
    RAW 219
    RAW & Jpeg 153

    nk, May 12, 2005