EOS 10D Inside reflection problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dragan Cvetkovic, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I am posting this one for a friend with no access to Usenet (yet!):

    I took out my 10d and shot away this weekend until I looked at the
    images on the monitor. What was (still is) that? first I thought it
    was just a reflection I hadn't noticed when sooting but then I realised
    the white line is on all images at the same location. Has anyone out
    there had any similar images and/ or can tell me what it is? It is not
    a dirty sensor. I cleaned it and still have the same mark in the same
    spot. I also used different lenses... I expect a problem with the
    camera.

    But what?

    Any coments welcomed. Thanx Rari.

    Here the proof: http://www.cvele.org/~rari/eos10problem/
    the images are rescaled but are no crops.

    Any idea? Suggestion?

    Thanks in advance and bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    !!! Sender/From address is bogus. Use reply-to one and remove NOSPAM there!!!

    Dragan Cvetkovic, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Dragan Cvetkovic

    JK Guest

    Do you only get it with one lens? If so, the problem would probably be
    with the lens.

    JK, Sep 22, 2003

  3. JK <> writes:
    > Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am posting this one for a friend with no access to Usenet (yet!):
    >>
    >> I took out my 10d and shot away this weekend until I looked at the
    >> images on the monitor. What was (still is) that? first I thought it
    >> was just a reflection I hadn't noticed when sooting but then I realised
    >> the white line is on all images at the same location. Has anyone out
    >> there had any similar images and/ or can tell me what it is? It is not
    >> a dirty sensor. I cleaned it and still have the same mark in the same
    >> spot. I also used different lenses... I expect a problem with the
    >> camera.

    > Do you only get it with one lens? If so, the problem would probably be
    > with the lens.

    JK, the original post said "I also used different lenses" so I assume
    that the problem is not only with his 100-400mm L lens.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    !!! Sender/From address is bogus. Use reply-to one but remove NOSPAM !!!

    Dragan Cvetkovic, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Dragan Cvetkovic

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am posting this one for a friend with no access to Usenet (yet!):
    >
    > I took out my 10d and shot away this weekend until I looked at the
    > images on the monitor. What was (still is) that? first I thought it
    > was just a reflection I hadn't noticed when sooting but then I realised
    > the white line is on all images at the same location. Has anyone out
    > there had any similar images and/ or can tell me what it is? It is not
    > a dirty sensor. I cleaned it and still have the same mark in the same
    > spot. I also used different lenses... I expect a problem with the
    > camera.
    >
    > But what?

    If it's happening with all lenses, then it definitely is a camera problem.
    I've never seen anything like that with my 10D..

    I can't see it being a light leak.. I can't see any joints that could cause
    that pattern. How does the lens mount look on your friends camera ?

    Jim Townsend, Sep 22, 2003
  5. Jim Townsend <> writes:

    > If it's happening with all lenses, then it definitely is a camera problem.
    > I've never seen anything like that with my 10D..
    >
    > I can't see it being a light leak.. I can't see any joints that could cause
    > that pattern. How does the lens mount look on your friends camera ?

    Jim, I am not sure I understand your question and would therefore like my
    friend to answer this one (I'll forward this one to him). However, I don't
    have your email address ( being a strong clue :) for
    that).

    Can you send me a mail with your email address so that I can forward this
    to him and he can answer it? Use my reply-to address (remove .NOSPAM) and
    don't send anything more than 100K -- it will be automatically deleted (too
    many viruses).

    Thanks and bye, Dragan

    Dragan Cvetkovic, Sep 22, 2003
  6. Dragan Cvetkovic

    Shaun Bell Guest

    "Dragan Cvetkovic" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am posting this one for a friend with no access to Usenet (yet!):
    >
    > I took out my 10d and shot away this weekend until I looked at the
    > images on the monitor. What was (still is) that? first I thought it
    > was just a reflection I hadn't noticed when sooting but then I

    realised
    > the white line is on all images at the same location. Has anyone out
    > there had any similar images and/ or can tell me what it is? It is

    not
    > a dirty sensor. I cleaned it and still have the same mark in the same
    > spot. I also used different lenses... I expect a problem with the
    > camera.

    Take a look at the sensor with the mirror locked up. I've has strange color
    banding before but it didn't look like that. Everything was puple on the
    bottom third of each shot. It turned out to be corrupt data on my
    microdrive. BTW, nice wing tip smoke system. I'm just installing a regular
    system on my 35% Extra.

    Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell, Sep 22, 2003
  7. Dragan Cvetkovic

    Flux Guest

    Jim Townsend wrote:
    > Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >>I am posting this one for a friend with no access to Usenet (yet!):
    >>
    >> I took out my 10d and shot away this weekend until I looked at the
    >> images on the monitor. What was (still is) that? first I thought it
    >> was just a reflection I hadn't noticed when sooting but then I realised
    >> the white line is on all images at the same location. Has anyone out
    >> there had any similar images and/ or can tell me what it is? It is not
    >> a dirty sensor. I cleaned it and still have the same mark in the same
    >> spot. I also used different lenses... I expect a problem with the
    >> camera.
    >>
    >> But what?

    > If it's happening with all lenses, then it definitely is a camera problem.
    > I've never seen anything like that with my 10D..
    >
    > I can't see it being a light leak.. I can't see any joints that could cause
    > that pattern. How does the lens mount look on your friends camera ?

    I'd look at the lens mount, the pattern is obviously circular, a 'leak' at
    the mount could give such a pattern I guess.

    Flux

    Flux, Sep 23, 2003
  8. Flux <> writes:

    > Jim Townsend wrote:
    >> Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:
    >>
    >>> But what?

    >> If it's happening with all lenses, then it definitely is a camera
    >> problem. I've never seen anything like that with my 10D..
    >> I can't see it being a light leak.. I can't see any joints that could
    >> cause
    >> that pattern. How does the lens mount look on your friends camera ?
    >>

    > I'd look at the lens mount, the pattern is obviously circular, a 'leak' at
    > the mount could give such a pattern I guess.

    Thanks Flux. Ralph, do you hear that?

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Cvetkovic, Sep 23, 2003
  9. Dragan Cvetkovic

    Rari Guest

    Hi Shaun,
    done that, all looks ok,

    To all: thanks for all your advice. I will keep you posted. The
    camera is with Canon service right now. Let's see how long it takes
    them to get back to me and repair (if necessary) the camera.

    Bye Ralph.

    Rari, Oct 3, 2003