    little silly or is me!
    Would be grateful for any advice.
    Thanks.

    Michael Staddon, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Michael Staddon

    Mark M Guest

    "Michael Staddon" <> wrote in message
    news:besc9e$r58$...
    > Have just purchased EOS 10D and have loaded the file viewer and zoom

    browser
    > that come with the camera. I was hoping to use a simple file viewer and

    then
    > send them to photoshop as is the case with my Nikon 885 which just

    displays
    > the thumbnails and allows me to send to Photoshop.
    > I was expecting to just use the Canon file viewer to open images from my
    > card reader and also to convert the raw files which is all I want, but I
    > find that I cannot open images from the card reader with the file viewer

    and
    > zoom browser will not convert the raw files so I need both which seems a
    > little silly or is me!
    > Would be grateful for any advice.
    > Thanks.

    Go to ACDSytems.com and download ACDSee 5.1.
    It is (IMHO) the best image viewer out there, and will also let you send
    images directly from the viewer to photoshop (or any editor you specify).

    They web site has a free, fully functional trial version you can try, so
    you've got nothing to lose.

    Mark M, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Michael Staddon

    John Wood Guest

    > Have just purchased EOS 10D and have loaded the file viewer and zoom

    browser
    > that come with the camera. I was hoping to use a simple file viewer and

    then
    > send them to photoshop as is the case with my Nikon 885 which just

    displays
    > the thumbnails and allows me to send to Photoshop.
    > I was expecting to just use the Canon file viewer to open images from my
    > card reader and also to convert the raw files which is all I want, but I
    > find that I cannot open images from the card reader with the file viewer

    and
    > zoom browser will not convert the raw files so I need both which seems a
    > little silly or is me!
    > Would be grateful for any advice.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Cannot understand what is wrong - I use the browser to d/l from my 10D. It

    then transfers the images I select to my Photoshop 6 and gives option to
    process RAW. Suggest you check connections. Camera needs to be switched on.
    If this no solution, suggest remove all canon utilities and re-install
    following the manuals letter by letter.
    Good luck - it's worth it.

    John Wood, Jul 14, 2003