    over the page. Shortcut deleters don't work either.

    Thanks,

    Geoff
    Geoff, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Geoff

    Fred Guest

    Geoff, <>, whose name means "heavyset payoff-queen;
    eats the heads off rats; feels inadequate because of the size of his penis",
    lamented:

    > Hi I have an entry in start/program files which has no right click menu
    > and I want to get rid of it.

    Some of us already get rid of it.

    > I have tried going to all users/programs and right clicking and deleting
    > but it says it can't find the file or maybe read the disk.

    Really? You have tried going to all users/programs and right clicking and
    deleting >?

    > I also did this in safe mode and via the command line in a dos window,
    > but to no avail.

    Why not?

    > Can somebody tell me the trick please?

    I don't want to tell you the trick please.

    > It's a long entry and causes the menu to spread out over the page.

    It's Hollywood calling.

    > Shortcut deleters don't work either.

    Don't go into the kitchen. It looks bad.

    > Thanks, Geoff.

    You owe me five bucks.
    Fred, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Geoff

    Scraggy Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have an entry in start/program files which has no right
    > click menu and I want to get rid of it. I have tried going
    > to all users/programs and right clicking and deleting but it
    > says it can't find the file or maybe read the disk. I also
    > did this in safe mode and via the command line in a dos
    > window, but to no avail. Can somebody tell me the trick
    > please? It's a long entry and causes the menu to spread out
    > over the page. Shortcut deleters don't work either.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Geoff

    Rightclick on 'Start' button>Start Menu(default point)>Find item>delete from
    there?
    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Aug 22, 2005
  4. Geoff

    trout Guest

    Geoff wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have an entry in start/program files which has no right
    > click menu and I want to get rid of it. I have tried going
    > to all users/programs and right clicking and deleting but it
    > says it can't find the file or maybe read the disk. I also
    > did this in safe mode and via the command line in a dos
    > window, but to no avail. Can somebody tell me the trick
    > please? It's a long entry and causes the menu to spread out
    > over the page. Shortcut deleters don't work either.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Geoff

    Can it be dragged off?
    --
    Or does it kick and scream.
    trout, Aug 22, 2005
  5. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:59:15 +0100, "Scraggy"
    <> wrote:

    >Geoff wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have an entry in start/program files which has no right
    >> click menu and I want to get rid of it. I have tried going
    >> to all users/programs and right clicking and deleting but it
    >> says it can't find the file or maybe read the disk. I also
    >> did this in safe mode and via the command line in a dos
    >> window, but to no avail. Can somebody tell me the trick
    >> please? It's a long entry and causes the menu to spread out
    >> over the page. Shortcut deleters don't work either.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Geoff

    >Rightclick on 'Start' button>Start Menu(default point)>Find item>delete from
    >there?

    No. There appears to be only one entry in all users\programs
    with no reference to it in the registry that I can find.
    Trying to delete, move or rename it produces one message -
    "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or
    disk."

    I am stumped on this one.

    Geoff
    Geoff, Aug 22, 2005
  6. Geoff

    gangle Guest

    "Geoff" wrote

    http://tinyurl.com/b9bxb
    gangle, Aug 22, 2005
  7. Geoff

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Install this program called unlocker after it is installed then right click
    the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked then
    a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file or folder.
    Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe If that does not work then
    try Killbox http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    pcbutts1, Aug 22, 2005
  8. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:58:52 GMT, "pcbutts1"

    Thanks! Unlocker worked a treat, I have kept both those
    programs for further use.

    Great Stuff!

    Geoff

    Geoff, Aug 22, 2005
  9. Geoff

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You're welcome.

    pcbutts1, Aug 22, 2005
  10. Geoff

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Format and reinstall.

    --

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Aug 22, 2005
  11. Geoff

    ellis_jay Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:58:52 GMT, "pcbutts1"
    >
    > Thanks! Unlocker worked a treat, I have kept both those
    > programs for further use.
    >
    > Great Stuff!
    >
    > Geoff
    >

    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Install this program called unlocker after it is installed then
    >> right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or
    >> folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes
    >> locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and
    >> you are done. http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe If
    >> that does not work then try Killbox
    >> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    Could you please identify the program that gave you all the hassle?

    Ellis_jay
    ellis_jay, Aug 23, 2005