    on DVD in region 1 on April 6. No special features have been announced
    but ALL of them WILL be in widescreen. They've been announced as
    separate releases, no word on a box set yet for R1.
    Michael Allred, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Michael Allred

    mazinz Guest

    hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the tv
    versions of the films
    mazinz, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Onojunk (mazinz) wrote in message news:<>...
    > hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the tv
    > versions of the films

    It would seem a series box set would be a given. Not sure who'd buy it though...
    KazamaSmokers, Dec 20, 2003
  4. (KazamaSmokers) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Onojunk (mazinz) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the tv
    > > versions of the films

    > It would seem a series box set would be a given. Not sure who'd buy it though...

    I would imagine the same people who helped the "PA" series rake in
    approx. $237 million dollars at the US box office (yes, that's for all
    the movies combined.) That of course doesn't even take into
    consideration how much moolah the series made on home video for Warner
    Brothers.
    Michael Allred, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Onojunk (mazinz) wrote in message news:<>...
    > hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the tv
    > versions of the films

    What extra footage on the tv versions? Please give some examples.
    Joseph Phillips, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Michael Allred

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <> in
    alt.video.dvd, Michael Allred wrote:
    >I would imagine the same people who helped the "PA" series rake in
    >approx. $237 million dollars at the US box office (yes, that's for all
    >the movies combined.) That of course doesn't even take into
    >consideration how much moolah the series made on home video for Warner
    >Brothers.

    And it seems one or another of them is showing about half the time I
    channel-surf.

    Anybody know how much, at least to an order of magnitude, the studio
    gets when a cable channel shows a PA movie?

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Stan Brown, Dec 21, 2003
  7. Michael Allred

    Peter Guest

    KazamaSmokers wrote:
    > Onojunk (mazinz) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the tv
    >>versions of the films

    > It would seem a series box set would be a given. Not sure who'd buy it though...

    The first was kinda funny, the second was so-so, the rest were retarded.
    "Citizens on Patrol ? Ummm, yea."
    Or how about when they're chasing people down in "Florida" and you see
    the CN Tower in the background. Lol.

    What's worse is the first movie was AA (I believe) and I think by the
    last one, it was G. So thats to say that kids watched and loved the
    first one (for the slapstick) however there was some pretty sexual
    stuff. I remember watching the first when I was like 8 =).

    Almost as bad as Restricted movies (ie Aliens) making action figures
    geared towards kids.

    --
    Please help stop Forced Trailers on DVD's
    Please sign the Petition at
    Peter, Dec 21, 2003
  8. Michael Allred

    Peter Guest

    KazamaSmokers wrote:
    > Onojunk (mazinz) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the tv
    >>versions of the films

    > It would seem a series box set would be a given. Not sure who'd buy it though...

    How many movies where there in the series ?

    I recall

    Police Academy
    Police Academy II: Their first assignment
    Police Academy III: Back in Training
    Police Academy IV: Citizens on patrol
    Police Academy V: City Under Seige

    Was there more ? Did I get those numbers right with their titles? This
    is purely on memory.

    Peter, Dec 21, 2003
  9. (Michael Allred) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (KazamaSmokers) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Onojunk (mazinz) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > > hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the tv
    > > > versions of the films

    > > It would seem a series box set would be a given. Not sure who'd buy it though...

    > I would imagine the same people who helped the "PA" series rake in
    > approx. $237 million dollars at the US box office (yes, that's for all
    > the movies combined.) That of course doesn't even take into
    > consideration how much moolah the series made on home video for Warner
    > Brothers.

    Yeah - but the series was mostly ignored and only lasted a single season.
    KazamaSmokers, Dec 21, 2003
  10. Michael Allred

    Dan P. Guest

    > >>hope they throw in the huge amount of extra footage that appears on the

    tv
    > >>versions of the films

    > > It would seem a series box set would be a given. Not sure who'd buy it

    though...

    > How many movies where there in the series ?
    >
    > I recall
    >
    > Police Academy
    > Police Academy II: Their first assignment
    > Police Academy III: Back in Training
    > Police Academy IV: Citizens on patrol
    > Police Academy V: City Under Seige
    >
    > Was there more ? Did I get those numbers right with their titles? This
    > is purely on memory.

    I believe there were 7. I don't remember the names of the 6th and 7th, but
    the 6th one featured Lassard's nephew, who was in the 5th one (the Florida
    one). And the 7th one was in Russia.

    Dan
    Dan P., Dec 21, 2003
  11. >Police Academy V: City Under Seige

    >Was there more ? Did I get those numbers right with their titles? This
    >is purely on memory.

    Actually, no. 5 was Assignment: Miami Beach. No. 6 was City under Siege.
    There was a seventh, and fortunately last, Police Academy movie. PA 7: Mission
    to Moscow, which totally reeks and is the absolute worst one of the bunch.
    That comment doesn't say much as they're all pretty much forgettable once you
    get down to it. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 22, 2003
  12. Michael Allred

    Rogers News Guest

    "Dan P." <> wrote in message

    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > KazamaSmokers wrote:
    > > > Onojunk (mazinz) wrote in message

    the
    > tv
    > > >

    > > > It would seem a series box set would be a given. Not sure who'd buy it

    > though...
    > >
    > > How many movies where there in the series ?
    > >
    > > I recall
    > >
    > > Police Academy
    > > Police Academy II: Their first assignment
    > > Police Academy III: Back in Training
    > > Police Academy IV: Citizens on patrol
    > > Police Academy V: City Under Seige
    > >
    > > Was there more ? Did I get those numbers right with their titles? This
    > > is purely on memory.

    > I believe there were 7. I don't remember the names of the 6th and 7th,

    but
    > the 6th one featured Lassard's nephew, who was in the 5th one (the Florida
    > one). And the 7th one was in Russia.
    >

    > Dan

    Who gives a shit about this crap serial full of garbage? Each one of these
    films really really sucked as did the cast, producers, directors et al. Only
    a total asshole buys this shit!
    Rogers News, Dec 23, 2003
  13. Michael Allred

    Metlhd3138 Guest

    >Who gives a shit about this crap serial full of garbage? Each one of these
    >films really really sucked as did the cast, producers, directors et al. Only
    >a total asshole buys this shit!

    The first one was funny,,but after pt 3 (which was more mediocre than the
    watchable second one) they started going downhill faster than every "ernest"
    film put together
    Metlhd3138, Dec 23, 2003
  14. Michael Allred

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    >Warner Brothers will be releasing the entire "Police Academy" series
    >on DVD

    Oh my God, It's the sixth sign of the apocalypse.
    Nomen Nescio, Dec 24, 2003
  15. "Rogers News" <> wrote in message news:<Ei3Gb.73459$>...
    > "Dan P." <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Peter" <> wrote in message

    > the
    > tv

    > though...
    > > >
    > > > How many movies where there in the series ?
    > > >
    > > > I recall
    > > >
    > > > Police Academy
    > > > Police Academy II: Their first assignment
    > > > Police Academy III: Back in Training
    > > > Police Academy IV: Citizens on patrol
    > > > Police Academy V: City Under Seige
    > > >
    > > > Was there more ? Did I get those numbers right with their titles? This
    > > > is purely on memory.

    > > I believe there were 7. I don't remember the names of the 6th and 7th,

    > but
    > > the 6th one featured Lassard's nephew, who was in the 5th one (the Florida
    > > one). And the 7th one was in Russia.
    > >

    > > Dan
    > >

    > Who gives a shit about this crap serial full of garbage? Each one of these
    > films really really sucked as did the cast, producers, directors et al. Only
    > a total asshole buys this shit!

    Your posting in this thread provides a quick answer to your question...
    Michael Allred, Dec 24, 2003
  16. (Michael Allred) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Warner Brothers will be releasing the entire "Police Academy" series
    > on DVD in region 1 on April 6. No special features have been announced
    > but ALL of them WILL be in widescreen. They've been announced as
    > separate releases, no word on a box set yet for R1.

    Here's Warner's press release (unfortunately, parts 4 & 5 will be FULL
    FRAME ONLY.)

    Here's WB's press release;

    20 years of mayhem, mishap and mismanagement celebrated at the...
    Police Academy!

    Landmark Comedy of Law and Disorder Debuts as 20th Anniversary Special
    Edition DVD April 13

    Six Sequels and Seven Title Giftset Also Get DVD Debuts
    from Warner Home Video

    Burbank, Calif., December 29, 2003 - Police Academy -- the
    astoundingly silly, yet hugely popular "tasteless" comedy classic --
    cops all the fun with a 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD release
    on April 13 from Warner Home Video. Considered one of the defining
    films of '80s comedy, the unforgettable flatfoot farce launched a
    movie franchise which spanned a full decade, grossed more than $240
    million domestically and sold nearly two and a half million videos.
    Highlights of the Special Edition bonus features include commentaries,
    a squad reunion documentary and more. It will be available for $19.97
    SRP.

    The ultimate in motion picture law "enfarcement" follows a motley
    group of police academy recruits as they bumble their way through
    training. The six sequels -- Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment,
    Police Academy 3: Back in Training, Police Academy 4: Citizens on
    Patrol, Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach, Police Academy 6:
    City Under Siege and Police Academy: Mission to Moscow -- continue to
    track the misfits as they start their careers in various situations
    with very funny consequences.

    Each of the six sequels will be available for $14.97 SRP. For
    hard-core laughter, a Police Academy Giftset, featuring all seven
    titles, will be offered as well. It will sell for $59.92 SRP.

    More on Police Academy Titles

    Police Academy 20th Anniversary Special Edition - Building on a
    nightsticks-and-slapstick tradition going back to the Keystone Cops,
    Police Academy follows a class of recruits as they bumble their way
    through training. Now the popular debut film calls for backup, adding
    20th anniversary DVD extras. Stars Steve Guttenberg. Kim Cattrall,
    G.W. Bailey, Bubba Smith, Michael Winslow and George Gaynes are ready
    to uphold law and disorder and make the world a funnier place.

    Available for the first time in widescreen, other special features
    include:
    All-new digital transfer
    Commentary by Steve Guttenberg, Michael Winslow, Leslie Easterbrook,
    G.W. Bailey, director Hugh Wilson and producer Paul Maslansky
    Behind Academy Doors: Secret Files Revealed - all-new reunion
    documentary
    Theatrical trailer

    Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment - An anti-social mastermind
    and his leathered band of pranksters are on the prowl, spray-painting
    the town red and emptying the pockets of anyone sharing the sidewalk.
    The newly graduated Police Academy cadets tangle with these pinheaded
    punkers to save the day. The original cast returns to face Bobcat
    Goldthwait in the tailor-made role of the Ozzy Osbourne-like gang
    leader.

    Special features include:
    Accidental Heroes: The Best Of - all-new making-of featurette
    Theatrical trailer

    Police Academy 3: Back in Training - A budget crisis has decreed that
    only one of the state's two cop schools can survive, so the race is on
    to see which academy can avoid the ax by turning out the superior
    force. The cadets return and "carry on with a lot of good, low humor"
    (Vincent Canby, The New York Times).

    Special features include:
    All Washed Up: Floating Memories - all-new making-of featurette
    Theatrical trailer

    Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol - The original cadets sign up for
    more misadventure as Cmdt. Lassard (George Gaynes) decides to toughen
    up neighborhood watch groups by training them to be Citizens on
    Patrol, or COPs. The film features rising stars Sharon Stone as a
    reporter who strikes sparks with Mahoney (Steve Guttenberg) and David
    Spade as a loopy skateboarder.

    Special features include:
    Remembering a Lofty Investigation - all-new making-of featurette
    Theatrical trailer

    Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach - The Police Academy team are
    in Miami for a convention honoring beloved Cmdt. Lassard. But they
    soon realize that crime doesn't take a vacation, even if they do, as
    Lassard is kidnapped and the team must save him.

    Special features include:
    Mistaken Identity: Case Reopened - all-new making-of featurette
    Theatrical trailer

    Police Academy 6: City Under Siege - A crime spree called Operation
    Chaos is plaguing the city and the Police Academy alumni are called in
    to save the city, but Cmdt. Lassard is suspected when it becomes clear
    that a police department information leak is keeping the bad guys one
    step ahead.

    Special features include:
    Unholy Alliance: A Retrospective - all-new making-of featurette
    Theatrical trailer

    Police Academy: Mission to Moscow - The Police Academy squad goes
    global as they take on the Godfather of the Russian mob (Ron Perlman),
    whose computer program plays like a video game but can actually steal
    money and goods planet-wide without a trace.

    Special features include:
    Underneath the Mission - all-new making-of featurette
    Theatrical trailer

    Police Academy 20th Anniversary Special Edition
    STREET DATE: April 13
    $19.97 SRP DVD
    Rating: R
    Run Time: 96 minutes
    The film is presented in a "matted" widescreen format preserving the
    aspect ration of its original theatrical exhibition and the DVD
    includes Dolby Digital sound. It will also include English and French
    languages and subtitles in English, French and Spanish.

    All 6 sequels will sell for $14.97 SRP

    Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
    Rating: PG-13
    Run Time: 87 minutes
    The film is presented in a "matted" widescreen format preserving the
    aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition and the DVD
    includes Dolby Digital sound. It will also include English and French
    languages and subtitles in English, French and Spanish.

    Police Academy 3: Back in Training
    Rating: PG
    Run Time: 83 minutes
    The film is presented in a "matted" widescreen format preserving the
    aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition and the DVD
    includes Dolby Digital sound. It will also include English and French
    languages and subtitles in English, French and Spanish.

    Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
    Rating: PG
    Run Time: 88 minutes
    The film has been modified from its original version and formatted to
    fit home screens. The DVD includes Dolby Digital sound. It will also
    include English and French languages and subtitles in English, French
    and Spanish.

    Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
    Rating: PG
    Run Time: 90 minutes
    The film has been modified from its original version and formatted to
    fit home screens. The DVD includes Dolby Digital sound. It will also
    include English and French (dubbed in Québécois) languages and
    subtitles in English, French and Spanish.

    Police Academy 6: City Under Siege
    Rating: PG
    Run Time: 84 minutes
    The film is presented in a "matted" widescreen format preserving the
    aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition and the DVD
    includes Dolby Digital sound. It will also include English and French
    (dubbed in Québécois) languages and subtitles in English, French and
    Spanish.

    Police Academy: Mission to Moscow
    Rating: PG
    Run Time: 83 minutes
    The film is presented in a "matted" widescreen format preserving the
    aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition and the DVD
    includes Dolby Digital sound. It will also include English and French
    (dubbed in Québécois) languages and subtitles in English, French and
    Spanish.

    Seven-Title Police Academy Giftset
    $59.92 SRP
    Michael Allred, Jan 7, 2004
  17. Michael Allred

    Metlhd3138 Guest

    Well,,,i MIGHT buy the first one. 2 was watchable and 3 started the decent to
    mediocrity (though to be honest i never saw 4-6,,maybe they arent as bad as
    long as youre not expecting much a la dumb and dumberer).
    Metlhd3138, Jan 7, 2004
  18. Metlhd3138 wrote:

    > Well,,,i MIGHT buy the first one. 2 was watchable and 3 started the decent to
    > mediocrity (though to be honest i never saw 4-6,,maybe they arent as bad as
    > long as youre not expecting much a la dumb and dumberer).

    4 was bad. 5 was horrible. But I was pleasantly surprised by 6.
    Arthur Lipscomb, Jan 7, 2004