    version which i need for practicing for winxp installation.

    please let me know.
    thanks bose.

    bose, May 11, 2006

  2. << While I was at work, bose spurted out:
    > Hi Guys, As I mentioned in my last query regarding how to install
    > another Winxp os on same winxpos as i got only one partion.I was
    > guided by srigiridharan , TBone to install virtual server which is
    > free . I tried that but while installing i got a message like
    > 'setup has detected that you are running an unsupported operating
    > system[winxphomedesc]. virtual server cannot be installed on this
    > operating system.'-----what am i supppose to do now? please let me
    > know.

    Well, from the sounds of the message you got, you need to activate your compy of
    XP. If you're having problems, you should know that One copy of XP Pro allows
    you One installation. I just had a problem with this and had to call MS on the
    activation issue. They took care of it over the phone and I was on my way.

    I do believe that Virtual Server is Supported on XP Pro, because I know people
    that have it set up.

    > another questions. is there any free win xp downolad software may be
    > trial version which i need for practicing for winxp installation.

    If you go and buy yourself the MS Press 70-271 and 70-272 books, they should
    have 180 day trial versions of XP Pro and Office XP (respectively) in the back
    of the books.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011