    This is worse than the B&H customer service thread. Exercise some
    self-control, and have a little bit of respect for some of the other people who
    frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    GovtLawyer, Feb 24, 2004

  2. GovtLawyer

    Sorby Guest

    "GovtLawyer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Enough of this D60 crap. It is bad enough we have to sift through all the
    > porno spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing these ALL CAP D60 threads. I

    do
    > not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I took a look at a few of

    the
    > threads to see what it is all about, AND IT IS NOT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY, at

    least,
    > not now it isn't. It is a mind-numbing rant regarding the written

    language.
    > This is worse than the B&H customer service thread. Exercise some
    > self-control, and have a little bit of respect for some of the other

    people who
    > frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    How about only reading threads you're actually interested - instead of
    persisting with ones you clearly aren't?
    The subject header should be enough to give you a clue as to whether it's
    going to be of interest.
    If that's not the case then use your newsreader to mark the thread to be
    ignored.

    --
    Sorby

    Sorby, Feb 24, 2004

  3. GovtLawyer

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on 24 Feb 2004 15:54:07 GMT,
    (GovtLawyer) wrote:

    >Enough of this D60 crap. It is bad enough we have to sift through all the
    >porno spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing these ALL CAP D60 threads. I do
    >not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I took a look at a few of the
    >threads to see what it is all about, AND IT IS NOT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY, at least,
    >not now it isn't. It is a mind-numbing rant regarding the written language.
    >This is worse than the B&H customer service thread. Exercise some
    >self-control, and have a little bit of respect for some of the other people who
    >frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    I suggest you get news software that will easily filter out the threads and
    topics that you find so annoying. I personally use and recommend Forte Agent.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Feb 24, 2004
  4. GovtLawyer

    Doug Guest

    Ha ha ha ....Only a complete idiot would read thru a thread he isn't
    interested in , only to find out it wasn't about the topic he wasn't
    interested in in the first place , but has meandered to another topic which
    he also isn't interested in. Ha ha ha this is tooo funny

    Doug

    "GovtLawyer" wrote

    Doug, Feb 24, 2004
  5. GovtLawyer

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (GovtLawyer) wrote in

    > Exercise some
    > self-control, and have a little bit of respect for some of the other
    > people who frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    Get Xnews ... I've filtered out all of Annika's posts and have been in
    bliss since.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Feb 24, 2004
  6. GovtLawyer

    GovtLawyer Guest

    >Ha ha ha ....Only a complete idiot would read thru a thread he isn't
    >interested in ,

    There are other definitions of complete idiots. You make the grade.

    >So, I took a look at a few of
    >the
    >> threads to see what it is all about,

    Obviously, you have difficulty with the English language, for as you can see, I
    didn't say I read "through" the threads, I said I took a look at them them.

    So, you're not a complete idiot, but at best, you're a borderline moron.

    GovtLawyer, Feb 24, 2004
  7. GovtLawyer

    Steve Young Guest

    > "GovtLawyer" <> wrote
    > Enough of this D60 crap. It is bad enough we have to sift through all the
    > porno spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing these ALL CAP D60 threads. I do
    > not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I took a look at a few of the
    > threads to see what it is all about, AND IT IS NOT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY,
    > at least, not now it isn't. It is a mind-numbing rant regarding the written
    > language. This is worse than the B&H customer service thread.
    > Exercise some self-control, and have a little bit of respect for some
    > of the other people who frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    Just out of curiosity, let me ask, are you seeing the naughty talking anon
    remailer posts? Have you successfully filtered them, or possibly your ISP has
    blocked them? There seem to be a least a few of them a day lately.

    --
    A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

    Steve Young, Feb 24, 2004
  8. GovtLawyer

    Frank ess Guest

    GovtLawyer wrote:
    > Enough of this D60 crap. It is bad enough we have to sift through
    > all the porno spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing these ALL CAP
    > D60 threads. I do not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I
    > took a look at a few of the threads to see what it is all about, AND
    > IT IS NOT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY, at least, not now it isn't. It is a
    > mind-numbing rant regarding the written language. This is worse than
    > the B&H customer service thread. Exercise some self-control, and
    > have a little bit of respect for some of the other people who
    > frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    Probably no worse than a numbed-mind rant about mind-numbing rants that
    perpetuates the ALL CAP D60 subject line.

    Heh.

    Frank ess, Feb 24, 2004
  9. GovtLawyer

    Doug Guest

    To begin a new thread about something that you could easily ignore or filter
    out makes you a complete idiot. Get a life , loser.

    Doug

    "GovtLawyer" wrote

    Doug, Feb 24, 2004
  10. GovtLawyer

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    My aren't we prissy. Welcome to the killfile.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 24, 2004
  11. GovtLawyer

    Bryce Guest

    Your sig file is longer than your remark.

    Bryce, Feb 24, 2004
  12. (GovtLawyer) writes:

    > I do not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I took a look at a
    > few of the threads to see what it is all about,

    Talk about a non sequitor. You don't own the camera, and you're not
    interested in it, so you took a look? Does that make sense? And now here
    you are posting a rant about it.

    By the way, you didn't look at "a few of the threads." I'm guessing you
    looked at a few of the posts in that thread. Is that what you meant?

    > AND IT IS NOT ABOUT
    > PHOTOGRAPHY, at least, not now it isn't. It is a mind-numbing rant
    > regarding the written language.

    I hve to disagree with you. I believe it used to be a mind-numbing rant
    about language, but it got well beyond that across the several posts to the
    thread. It's not about language now at all. You might try reading a few
    posts that have been posted lately. You may find them even more mind
    numbingly rantic. Given that you're reading posts about cameras you don't
    own and are not interested in, you may find the latest rants to be of some
    interest.

    > This is worse than the B&H customer
    > service thread. Exercise some self-control, and have a little bit of
    > respect for some of the other people who frequent this board, AND GIVE IT
    > UP!

    Thank you -- uh, you're from the government, and you're here to help us,
    right? When Usenet falls under your direction, would you kindly let me
    know? I don't want to miss that epochal event.

    Get out and have some fun, hon. Oh! I see -- you _are_ having fun.

    Phil Stripling, Feb 24, 2004
  13. GovtLawyer

    GovtLawyer Guest

    >Just out of curiosity, let me ask, are you seeing the naughty talking anon
    >remailer posts? Have you successfully filtered them, or possibly your ISP has
    >blocked them? There seem to be a least a few of them a day lately.

    I am on AOL and do not know how to filter out these posts. So, I see dozens of
    the porn spam posts, and ignore them. They piss me off, irritate me, and
    lessen my enjoyment of this board. Recently, I started seeing the ALL CAP D60
    posts, and found them almost, but not quite, equally annoying. However, they
    at least appeared to be posts regarding photography. Today, I took a look at a
    few of them and realized that if they ever were about photography, they weren't
    any longer. So, I became even more irritated. I posted a message to ask people
    to stop posting them, and much to my surprise, a real, DINGBAT, BOZO decided he
    would instead disparage my effort and call me names. I'm assuming he is as
    much a fool off the boards as he is on. I also assume he is a lousy
    photgrapher, and in general just a wasted human being. So, I'll not read
    abnymore of the D60 posts, and if he wants to continue to try and belittle me,
    he is welcome to it.

    GovtLawyer, Feb 24, 2004
  14. (GovtLawyer) writes:

    > I am on AOL
    >SNIP<
    > lessen my enjoyment of this board.
    >SNIP<
    > much a fool off the boards as he is on.
    >SNIP<

    Usenet is not a "board," uh, Gov. May I call you Gov?

    Phil Stripling, Feb 24, 2004
  15. GovtLawyer

    Guest

    Steve Young the troll wrote:

    > > "GovtLawyer" <> wrote
    > > Enough of this D60 crap. It is bad enough we have to sift through all the
    > > porno spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing these ALL CAP D60 threads. I do
    > > not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I took a look at a few of the
    > > threads to see what it is all about, AND IT IS NOT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY,
    > > at least, not now it isn't. It is a mind-numbing rant regarding the written
    > > language. This is worse than the B&H customer service thread.
    > > Exercise some self-control, and have a little bit of respect for some
    > > of the other people who frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    > Just out of curiosity, let me ask, are you seeing the naughty talking anon
    > remailer posts? Have you successfully filtered them, or possibly your ISP has
    > blocked them? There seem to be a least a few of them a day lately.
    >
    > --
    > A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

    *PLINK*

    Troll

    , Feb 24, 2004
  16. GovtLawyer

    Doug Guest

    What you did was come in here DEMANDING that people stop that thread because
    YOU don't have the brains to figure out how to either ignore or filter.
    Whatsa matter , can't handle the big , mean CAPITAL LETTERS ???. Had you
    come in and asked how to filter, I'm sure you would have gotten lots of
    helpful , positive responses , but instead you chose to be a dickhead . You
    have some issues that I'm sure run much deeper than what we see here. And
    also, in your post, I saw no shortage of you using CAPITAL letters. Same old
    crap ......different day....... someone wanting the internet to run to suit
    THEIR needs and no consideration for anyone else.

    Doug

    "GovtLawyer" wrote

    Doug, Feb 24, 2004
  17. GovtLawyer

    Steve Young Guest

    <> wrote in message news:403B6DEE.17590.2962DF9@localhost...
    > Steve Young the troll wrote:
    >
    > > > "GovtLawyer" <> wrote
    > > > Enough of this D60 crap. It is bad enough we have to sift through all the
    > > > porno spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing these ALL CAP D60 threads. I

    do
    > > > not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I took a look at a few of

    the
    > > > threads to see what it is all about, AND IT IS NOT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY,
    > > > at least, not now it isn't. It is a mind-numbing rant regarding the

    written
    > > > language. This is worse than the B&H customer service thread.
    > > > Exercise some self-control, and have a little bit of respect for some
    > > > of the other people who frequent this board, AND GIVE IT UP!

    > > Just out of curiosity, let me ask, are you seeing the naughty talking anon
    > > remailer posts? Have you successfully filtered them, or possibly your ISP

    has
    > > blocked them? There seem to be a least a few of them a day lately.
    > >
    > > --
    > > A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

    > *PLINK*

    <wink>

    Steve Young, Feb 24, 2004
  18. GovtLawyer

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > Enough of this D60 crap. It is bad enough we have to sift through all the
    > porno spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing these ALL CAP D60 threads. I

    do
    > not own a D60 and I'm not interested in it. So, I took a look at a few of

    the
    > threads to see what it is all about, AND IT IS NOT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY, at

    least,
    > not now it isn't. It is a mind-numbing rant regarding the written

    language.

    The essay in question is about photography, for what it's worth. Otherwise,
    just ignore the thread.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Feb 24, 2004
  19. GovtLawyer

    GovtLawyer Guest

    >What you did was come in here DEMANDING that people stop that thread because
    >YOU don't have the brains to figure out how to either ignore or filter.
    >Whatsa matter , can't handle the big , mean CAPITAL LETTERS ???. Had you
    >come in and asked how to filter, I'm sure you would have gotten lots of
    >helpful , positive responses , but instead you chose to be a dickhead . You
    >have some issues that I'm sure run much deeper than what we see here. And
    >also, in your post, I saw no shortage of you using CAPITAL letters. Same old
    >crap ......different day....... someone wanting the internet to run to suit
    >THEIR needs and no consideration for anyone else.
    >
    >Doug

    Relax Doug. Take a Valium, or perhaps a whole handful. I didn't demand
    anything. Yes, I made my wishes known. Yes, I used the same capitalization as
    I complained of, as an illustration. I guess you got the message. Well, you
    got something, I'm not sure you got the message I intended. Perhaps, I didn't
    phrase it properly. More likely, you're such a hotheaded foolish punk, that
    you are unable to see it. You need to take a step back and look at you
    problems with anger. Or, go stand on a ledge and take a step forward; you
    won't be missed.

    GovtLawyer, Feb 24, 2004
  20. GovtLawyer

    m II Guest

    Phil Stripling wrote:

    > Thank you -- uh, you're from the government, and you're here to help us,
    > right? When Usenet falls under your direction, would you kindly let me
    > know? I don't want to miss that epochal event.

    He didn't actually say *which* government. We'd better listen to what he
    demands right NOW.

    mike

    --

    ..let the cat out to reply..