    I started to add more filters and then:

    Ooooops *&%$$#....*&&^^&@ )(***(& ^&^%%$%^

    I think erased m y s e l f. . .
    ajacobs2, Sep 30, 2003

  2. ajacobs2

    Steve Young Guest

    "ajacobs2" <> wrote in message
    news:8Ceeb.45201$...
    > I rarely let things beat me up but my fingers ached from blocking senders,
    > writing rules, all the spam messaging from the spam bots and finally the
    > filth and perversity that has unfortunately worked its way in here. When
    > your blocked senders list is bigger than your address book and it takes
    > an hour to clear things before you can do anything it's enough..
    >
    > I started to add more filters and then:
    >
    > Ooooops *&%$$#....*&&^^&@ )(***(& ^&^%%$%^
    >
    > I think erased m y s e l f. . .

    Doggonit Al, you're such a good writer and fun read, always giving us the
    scoop! Sorry this mess has gotten to you
    I hope we can fix it before it all goes up in flames
    To: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,
    Very sad news today folks
    I think we just lost a very valuable contributor to rec.photo.digital

    Latest round of fun filled reading :(

    From: "LONG DICK DAVID" <>
    From: "LONG DICK DAVID" <>
    Steve Young, Sep 30, 2003

  3. With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and just
    ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big bully.
    No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and it
    will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."

    Juan
    Juan R. Pollo, Sep 30, 2003
  4. ajacobs2

    Spam Blocked Guest

    "Juan R. Pollo" <> wrote in message
    > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and just
    > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big bully.
    > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and it
    > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."

    Your method of ignore it and it will go away explains of what is wrong in
    the World.
    Spam Blocked, Sep 30, 2003
  5. ajacobs2

    Steve Young Guest

    > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and just
    > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big bully.
    > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and it
    > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."

    Juan, I have not replied to a single one, I've ignored them. However, I'm
    concerned that other valued participants are offended and leaving the group
    because of this. The names I've seen say "bye" so far, will insure the
    remaining group will be less. Please, your level of acceptance isn't the right
    answer for everyone else.

    Steve Young

    PS (now why don't *you* act like an adult and respect other's concerns?)
    Steve Young, Sep 30, 2003
  6. ajacobs2

    Shepherd Guest

    > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and just
    > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big bully.
    > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and it
    > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."
    >
    > Juan

    Good advice... except for one large detail. Many of our kids use the
    internet and newsgroups to help them with homework, for entertainment and
    for many other good reasons. I for one don't want my kids exposed to such
    filth.

    I know it's impossible to protect my kids from everything, but I will at
    least make an attempt to protect them from what I can. Rolling over and
    playing dead is for losers, not for me.

    I first report these sub-humans to the appropriate abuse groups, then filter
    them out.

    Shepherd
    Shepherd, Sep 30, 2003
  7. ajacobs2

    Spam Blocked Guest

    "Shepherd" <sticksnorstones@.att.net> wrote in message

    > "Juan R. Pollo" <> wrote in message
    > > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and

    just
    > > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big

    bully.
    > > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and

    it
    > > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."
    > >
    > > Juan

    > Good advice... except for one large detail. Many of our kids use the
    > internet and newsgroups to help them with homework, for entertainment and
    > for many other good reasons. I for one don't want my kids exposed to such
    > filth.
    >
    > I know it's impossible to protect my kids from everything, but I will at
    > least make an attempt to protect them from what I can. Rolling over and
    > playing dead is for losers, not for me.
    >
    > I first report these sub-humans to the appropriate abuse groups, then

    filter
    > them out.
    >
    > Shepherd

    I could build a filter that blocks them, as well as forwards the crap to
    , at the same time. I have been a long time
    user of rec.photo.* (over 10 years) and I am dismayed that good people are
    leaving because of some loser who thinks his game on usenet is fun. Maybe a
    Cancelbot or a UDP is in the works . . . but that would be wrong . . . DAMN,
    I miss having an OC-3 20 feet from my desk ;)
    Spam Blocked, Sep 30, 2003
  8. ajacobs2

    Steve Young Guest

    > > "Juan R. Pollo" <> wrote in message
    > > > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and
    > > > just ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big
    > > > bully. No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard
    > > > it and it will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."

    > "Shepherd" <sticksnorstones@.att.net> wrote in message
    > > Good advice... except for one large detail. Many of our kids use the
    > > internet and newsgroups to help them with homework, for entertainment and
    > > for many other good reasons. I for one don't want my kids exposed to such
    > > filth.

    rec.photo.digital has been an excellent place for a teen, to pick up a digital
    camera and begin to learn. (why should our words be wasted on just old
    fogies ;)

    > > I know it's impossible to protect my kids from everything, but I will at
    > > least make an attempt to protect them from what I can.

    > > Rolling over and
    > > playing dead is for losers, not for me.

    not for me either *never* *never* *never* *ever!*

    > > I first report these sub-humans to the appropriate abuse groups, then
    > > filter them out.

    Simply filtering doesn't stop them from breaking loose and surprising the
    'young lady' (See anything from "LONG DICK DAVID" this morning?;)

    >"Spam Blocked" <> wrote

    <,excerpted>
    > I have been a long time
    > user of rec.photo.* (over 10 years) and I am dismayed that good people are
    > leaving because of some loser who thinks his game on usenet is fun

    and that's really a shame
    because it's the lowest denominator that controls the groups
    (not even 'common' denominator)

    Until each group can cause action to occur,
    Usenet will never be more than it was

    Steve Young
    Steve Young, Sep 30, 2003
  9. ajacobs2

    Paul H. Guest

    > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and just
    > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big bully.
    > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and it
    > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."
    >
    > Juan

    Remember your own advice the next time you're in a movie theater and the
    dork sitting two seats down decides to have an extended conversation on his
    cell phone.
    Paul H., Sep 30, 2003
  10. ajacobs2

    Dierk Haasis Guest

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:44:05 GMT, "Juan R. Pollo"
    <> wrote:

    >No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and it
    >will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."

    There are several problems with that. First it is a matter of
    priorities (and Usenet isn't that big for me). Another is that I just
    two minutes before reading your post added another three kill filters
    and was considering how many I allow myself before deciding that the
    group itself should go from my reader's list.

    Already mentioned were the new members seeing all this filth, and
    younger people wandering around here. The group currently is
    deteriorating like my mailbox, which still receives hundreds of Swens
    a day.

    Actually the last few weeks show that this will not go away if you
    ignore it; even if one of those trolls will go, ten others pop up. If
    today's ratio of good to troll posts persist, the apple (= group) will
    have to be thrown away - it's rotten to the core ...

    --

    Dierk
    Dierk Haasis, Sep 30, 2003
  11. ajacobs2

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <Axieb.10154$>,
    says...
    > Remember your own advice the next time you're in a movie theater and the
    > dork sitting two seats down decides to have an extended conversation on his
    > cell phone.

    Excellent analogy Paul :)

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Sep 30, 2003
  12. ajacobs2

    Twisterbret Guest

    Some of the titles are down right funny, but at the same time, I
    wouldn't want my kid reading them.
    I sometimes thing they throw any old dirty words together.

    Twisterbret
    Twisterbret, Sep 30, 2003
  13. ajacobs2

    Spam Blocked Guest

    "Todd Walker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Axieb.10154$>,
    > says...
    > > Remember your own advice the next time you're in a movie theater and the
    > > dork sitting two seats down decides to have an extended conversation on

    his
    > > cell phone.
    > >

    > Excellent analogy Paul :)

    More like going to the movies and having the guy next to you having
    phone-sex on his cellphone. Like being infront of Pee Wee Herman :O
    Spam Blocked, Sep 30, 2003
  14. ajacobs2

    Mark B. Guest

    "Spam Blocked" <> wrote in message

    > "Juan R. Pollo" <> wrote in message
    > > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and

    just
    > > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big

    bully.
    > > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and

    it
    > > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."
    > >

    > Your method of ignore it and it will go away explains of what is wrong in
    > the World.

    Reality check! We're talking about some potty-mouth posts in a newsgroup,
    not ignoring a family member being beat up by an abusive spouse or the next
    door neighbor sexually abusing his kids. Ignoring silly posts is certainly
    not going to create a massive increase in racism, sexually deviant behavior,
    etc. Responding to it in any manner whatsoever is even less likely to make
    it go away, just the opposite. These people are only doing it for
    attention - regardless of what kind of attention. They choose to use racism
    and pornographic posts because they generate more responses. The more
    negative, the better they like it.

    Mark
    Mark B., Oct 1, 2003
  15. ajacobs2

    Mark B. Guest

    "Paul H." <> wrote in message

    > "Juan R. Pollo" <> wrote in message
    > > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and

    just
    > > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big

    bully.
    > > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and

    it
    > > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."
    > >
    > > Juan

    > Remember your own advice the next time you're in a movie theater and the
    > dork sitting two seats down decides to have an extended conversation on

    his
    > cell phone.

    ....except I can't push the eject button and have him disappear like I can
    here. By all means, it should be reported to the appropriate ISP, but
    posting replies does absolutely, positively nothing to make it go away, just
    encourages it - and makes it worse.

    Mark
    Mark B., Oct 1, 2003
  16. ajacobs2

    Shepherd Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "Spam Blocked" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Juan R. Pollo" <> wrote in message
    > > > With all due respect, why don't you all start acting like adults and

    > just
    > > > ignore it? You're all acting like little kids being teased by a big

    > bully.
    > > > No amount of filters is going to stop the abuse, just disregard it and

    > it
    > > > will go away. Remember, "sticks and stones..."
    > > >

    > > Your method of ignore it and it will go away explains of what is wrong

    in
    > > the World.
    > >

    > Reality check! We're talking about some potty-mouth posts in a newsgroup,
    > not ignoring a family member being beat up by an abusive spouse or the

    next
    > door neighbor sexually abusing his kids. Ignoring silly posts is

    certainly
    > not going to create a massive increase in racism, sexually deviant

    behavior,
    > etc. Responding to it in any manner whatsoever is even less likely to

    make
    > it go away, just the opposite. These people are only doing it for
    > attention - regardless of what kind of attention. They choose to use

    racism
    > and pornographic posts because they generate more responses. The more
    > negative, the better they like it.
    >
    > Mark

    Ignore it and he will go away?

    Isn't that exactly what was said about Hitler and the Nazis back in the 30s
    and early 40s?

    Shepherd
    Shepherd, Oct 1, 2003
  17. ajacobs2

    Sloopy Guest

    In article
    <n1peb.165152$>,
    "Shepherd" <sticksnorstones@.att.net> wrote:

    > Ignore it and he will go away?
    >
    > Isn't that exactly what was said about Hitler and the Nazis back in
    > the 30s and early 40s?

    Yes it is! I'm so glad you pointed out this obvious fact.

    I'm sure that if we ignore the person posting this nonsense, that he
    will start a world war and exterminate millions of innocent people.

    The troll must be stopped now before he takes the next logical step
    toward GENOCIDE!!!

    -Sloopy
    Sloopy, Oct 1, 2003
  18. Dierk Haasis wrote:

    > Already mentioned were the new members seeing all this filth, and
    > younger people wandering around here. The group currently is
    > deteriorating like my mailbox, which still receives hundreds of Swens
    > a day.

    Dierk - you're getting them too? I am getting 300 swen virus messages a
    day, and no one will help me. I have sent some samples to
    , and I get no response. There are basically
    two types of message: the bogus patch from Microsoft, and the
    undeliverable e-mail to an address that is nonsense. Do you have any
    idea where they are coming from, and how to stop them?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Oct 1, 2003
  19. ajacobs2

    Shepherd Guest

    "Sloopy" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <n1peb.165152$>,
    > "Shepherd" <sticksnorstones@.att.net> wrote:
    >

    > > Ignore it and he will go away?
    > >
    > > Isn't that exactly what was said about Hitler and the Nazis back in
    > > the 30s and early 40s?

    > Yes it is! I'm so glad you pointed out this obvious fact.
    >
    > I'm sure that if we ignore the person posting this nonsense, that he
    > will start a world war and exterminate millions of innocent people.
    >
    > The troll must be stopped now before he takes the next logical step
    > toward GENOCIDE!!!
    >
    > -Sloopy

    Hope you don't drive!

    Shepherd
    Shepherd, Oct 1, 2003
  20. ajacobs2

    Eigenvector Guest

    "Twisterbret" <> wrote in message
    > Some of the titles are down right funny, but at the same time, I
    > wouldn't want my kid reading them.
    > I sometimes thing they throw any old dirty words together.
    >
    > Twisterbret

    Honestly, and I mean this in all respect - I really don't care what your
    kids see on the internet. I'm an adult, I'm pretty sure I'm rational and
    well rounded and even tempered (perhaps Ron Hunter might disagree but I
    digress...). If the subject line doesn't look like something I want to
    read, then I pass it by - period. I'm not offended by dirty words, I just
    ignore them. The idea that you should be telling others what they can or
    can't write in a public forum smacks of censorship through and through. I
    understand that you don't mean it in that fashion and you are simply
    frustrated by the immaturity displayed by some adolescent who has learned
    how to use a spam bot. That doesn't really matter to me, I would rather
    he/she/it continue to jerk off in public rather than see a heavy handed rule
    or law passed that restricts me from saying - **** or Shit or Potty Mouth.
    Once I lose my right to say whatever I want in public, things just go
    downhill from there. After all, speaking our minds is the most basic of
    rights that a human can possess, that someone is too immature to speak with
    clarity and purpose is unfortunate, but it is his/her/its right to say what
    they will.

    Now that said, I would like to have some sort of rule or regulation enacted
    worldwide that forced individuals to publish their real names and addresses
    on all e-mails. Just because you can say what you want doesn't mean you
    won't have to deal with the consequences of those words...After all, that
    punk in the theater having a conversation during the movie, might very well
    get his ass kicked upside and down upon leaving after the show - that is the
    consequence he pays for speaking his mind whenever he wishes and if he wants
    to continue to talk during a movie, he'd better get used to having his butt
    kicked by angry moviegoers.
    Eigenvector, Oct 1, 2003