Enjoy the Ride:

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by *Less*, May 20, 2009.

  1. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    *Less*, May 20, 2009

  2. *Less*

    Fred Guest

    "*Less*" <**> wrote in message
    news:7PLQl.76791$...
    > This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    Great? It's boring nonsense.

    Fred, May 20, 2009

  3. Fred wrote:
    > "*Less*" <**> wrote in message
    >> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    > Great? It's boring nonsense.

    Wooh - you must be really cool, being so world-weary !
    FFS!

    It may be mildly platitudinous - but it's pleasant and uplifting ... which
    is more than you can say for half the shite spouted by certain posters here.

    I liked it.
    Deal with it.

    Centre Parting, May 20, 2009
  4. *Less*

    Buffalo Guest

    *Less* wrote:
    > This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!
    >

    > Turn on your speakers and enjoy this one!
    > http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html
    >
    > *Less*

    I enjoyed it.

    Buffalo, May 20, 2009
  5. *Less*

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The *Less* Post:
    > This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!
    >

    > Turn on your speakers and enjoy this one!
    > http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html
    > *Less*

    Thank You for sharing. :)

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo, May 20, 2009
  6. *Less*

    JAMES Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message news:gv033g$scu$-september.org...

    "*Less*" <**> wrote in message
    > This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    Great? It's boring nonsense.

    Moron

    JAMES, May 20, 2009
  7. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message

    > "*Less*" <**> wrote in message
    >> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    > Great? It's boring nonsense.

    Tell me what is not boring, and senses,
    and I will do my best to find something and post it for you.

    *Less*

    *Less*, May 21, 2009
  8. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "Centre Parting" <> wrote in message ..
    > Fred wrote:
    >> "*Less*" <**> wrote in message
    >>> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    >> Great? It's boring nonsense.

    > Wooh - you must be really cool, being so world-weary !
    > FFS!
    >
    > It may be mildly platitudinous - but it's pleasant and uplifting ...
    > which is more than you can say for half the shite spouted by certain
    > posters here.
    >
    > I liked it.
    > Deal with it.

    Thanks Centre,
    *Less*

    *Less*, May 21, 2009
  9. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in message .

    > *Less* wrote:
    >> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!
    >>

    >> Turn on your speakers and enjoy this one!
    >> http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html
    >>
    >> *Less*

    > I enjoyed it.

    Thanks for letting us know,

    *Less*

    *Less*, May 21, 2009
  10. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "OldGringo" <> wrote in message
    ..
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The *Less* Post:
    >> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!
    >>

    >> Turn on your speakers and enjoy this one!
    >> http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html
    >> *Less*
    >>

    > Thank You for sharing. :)

    You are very Welcome,
    *Less*

    *Less*, May 21, 2009
  11. *Less*

    Fred Guest

    "JAMES" <> wrote in message

    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >
    > "*Less*" <**> wrote in message
    >> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    > Great? It's boring nonsense.
    >
    > Moron

    Thanks. It obviously appeals to some, but to me it's one of those
    warm-fuzzy, puke-inducing things that you are liable to encounter at one of
    those sickening 'born-again christian' rallies.

    Fred, May 21, 2009
  12. *Less*

    XS11E Guest

    "*Less*" <**> wrote:

    > This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    You misspelled, it's not "great", it's "glurg*."

    Please don't post glurg, it's nauseating.

    Thank you.

    *If you don't know what glurg is look here:

    COPYRIGHT 2001 American City Business Journals, Inc.
    Publication Date: 28-SEP-01
    Author: STIEFFEL, KRISTEN

    The fiber-optic pipelines of the Internet are awash with glurg. Inboxes
    everywhere runneth over with the stuff. Many of us are glurged out.

    What is "glurg," you ask? It's that sappy, mushy sentimental goop that
    people forward to their friends, loved ones, colleagues, acquaintances,
    high school classmates and other people with whom they want to stay in
    touch. Glurg has become the universal substitute for the writing of
    actual letters.

    Some of us now are suffering from glurg overload. Spam, or unsolicited
    e-mail advertising, is bad enough, but at least it is professionally
    presented. Spammers don't send messages in which every line starts with
    [greater than][greater than][greater than][greater than] and in which
    all the lines are broken in half - or maybe thirds.

    No one who forwards glurg, it seems, ever thinks to copy the dreck and
    paste it into a new message. They just hit the "forward" button and
    send the e-mail, along with all the addresses of everyone who ever
    received it, and multiple occurrences of "---- Original Message ----"
    in a fashion that my husband refers to as "Russian nested e-mails."

    A tech support colleague recently pointed out the privacy-infringement
    hazard of being in the address book of careless forwarders. Having your
    e-mail address enclosed in a near-infinite regression of for wards is
    sort of like having your phone number circulated on the Internet.

    At first there was something perversely heartwarming about glurg, no
    matter how sloppy the presentation. "How nice," I'd think, upon
    receiving some panacea that wasted five precious minutes. (If you woke
    up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed
    than the million who will not survive this week.) And so, heart full of
    kindness, I would send it on to everyone I know, so they could waste
    their time, too.

    After awhile, I started seeing the same ones coming around again, like
    so many bad pennies. Finally, the fourth or fifth time I deleted the
    story about the farmer with the donkey down the well - which seemed so
    inspirational on first reading - I realized that I no longer was
    receiving actual information from many of my correspondents. Nor was I
    sending them anything informative. Once-important relationships had
    degraded to exchanges of doggerel. (When I say I am a Christian/I don't
    speak of this with pride/I'm confessing that I stumble/and need someone
    to be my guide.) I realized that the warm fuzzy feeling was an
    illusion, created by the receipt of something, anything, from my
    distant cousins and friends. Journalist Kia Penso calls glurg "just a
    pure gob of goopy feeling like a big wet slobbery kiss from a dog with
    bad breath."

    In the wake of Sept. 11, a flood of glurg inundated many of us. Bogus
    "Nostradamus predictions" of the attacks. Bad poetry. Even a cross-
    stich pattern for a memorial sampler. And endless copies of Gordon
    Sinclair's 1973 radio, editorial "The Americans," often "edited" to
    imply that it had been written in response to the attack - and never
    mentioning that Sinclair died in 1984.

    But even before Sept. 11, many people were glurging their unwitting
    friends and associates relentlessly. Prayers, "virtual hugs" and a 67-
    item questionnaire (No. 33 - Your favorite quote from a movie: "What do
    you think this is, 'Dances with Salmon?'" - Smoke Signals). Many glurgs
    contain requests to "send this to everyone you care about, including
    the person who sent it to you," with a dire warning that if you don't
    get it back, then you're even less popular than you were in junior
    high. Last week, I received an e-mail promising if I forwarded it to
    five people, I would get anything I wished for. What if my wish is to
    not receive any more glurg? Guess I won't find out - since I didn't
    forward it to anybody, I "will have bad luck for years!!"

    I, for one, have given up glurg. I thought about making my computer a
    glurg-free zone by creating a filter to delete all messages that start
    with "Fw: Fw:" but it occurred to me that I might miss out on some
    funny jokes that way, so I didn't. Nevertheless, I have learned to
    resist the urge to comply to e-mail requests saying "forward this to
    everyone you care about." I'm trying to eliminate glurg - one e-mail at
    at a time.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, May 21, 2009
  13. *Less* wrote:
    > This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!
    >

    > Turn on your speakers and enjoy this one!
    > http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html
    > *Less*

    Thank you.

    Thank you.

    Caulfield Man, May 21, 2009
  14. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "Caulfield Man" <> wrote in message

    > *Less* wrote:
    >> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!
    >>

    >> Turn on your speakers and enjoy this one!
    >> http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html
    >> *Less*
    >>

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Thank you.

    You are Welcome!

    *Less*

    *Less*, May 21, 2009
  15. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "XS11E" <> wrote in message ...
    > "*Less*" <**> wrote:
    >
    >> This is great everyone,hugs and enjoy. Have a great day!

    > You misspelled, it's not "great", it's "glurg*."
    >
    > Please don't post glurg, it's nauseating.
    >
    > Thank you.

    That line came with Link, it not my addition.
    I think my Post is more enjoyable than all the Spam you got now
    on this Group.

    Sorry if I caused you any inconvenience,

    *Less*

    *Less*, May 21, 2009
  16. *Less* wrote:
    > "Centre Parting" <> wrote in message ..
    >> Fred wrote:
    >>> "*Less*" <**> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Great? It's boring nonsense.

    >> Wooh - you must be really cool, being so world-weary !
    >> FFS!
    >>
    >> It may be mildly platitudinous - but it's pleasant and uplifting ...
    >> which is more than you can say for half the shite spouted by certain
    >> posters here.
    >>
    >> I liked it.
    >> Deal with it.

    > Thanks Centre,
    > *Less*

    YW
    CP

    Centre Parting, May 22, 2009
  17. test

    fastmoggys mother, May 23, 2009
  18. *Less*

    rf Guest

    fastmoggys mother wrote:
    > test

    You have failed.
    alt.test is over there -->

    rf, May 23, 2009
  19. *Less*

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 21 May 2009 11:56:47 -0500, *Less* wrote:

    > I think my Post is more
    > enjoyable than all the Spam you got now on this Group.

    What spam? I hardly ever see any spam here.

    Aardvark, May 23, 2009