Enjoy Low cost high quality long distance Internet Phone calls that make sense

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by John, May 18, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable you
    to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates. Anyone
    with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC, regular
    phone
    or cordless phone to make unlimited calls from anywhere to anywhere in
    the U.S. , Canada, & up to 36 countries for one low monthly rate. The
    Pay-as-you-go's call plans will meet users who prefer to go for the low
    per minute International toll rates when needs arise. Manage your account
    online,
    Our voicemail will auto forward voicemail to your email as an attachment
    when you are not available, forward call to any phone and more. Talk
    smart with clear connections for a fraction of the cost of regular long
    distance phone calls.

    Tired of using headphones and a computer! Just pick up a normal
    touch-tone phone or cordless phone, dial a phone number and start
    talking! Our broadband phones use the latest technology to send your
    calls over the Internet to bring you the greatest features, save you
    money and still give you stable, reliable phone service! Our call
    servers support most Gateway systems and phone adaptors.

    Gateway2call offers home and business plans to meet all your needs.
    Several plans include unlimited calling within the US and Canada. You
    may choose a monthly plan that comes with free Incoming phone number or
    a 800 number so you are always get connected any time anywhere from any
    regular phone or mobile.

    Please visit www.gateway2call.com for more exciting features and call
    plans, one will suit your personal or business needs.
    John, May 18, 2005

  2. John

    Lee Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable you
    > to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates. Anyone
    > with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC, regular
    > phone....

    Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or somesuch
    for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this post starts a
    conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just did!
    Lee, May 18, 2005

  3. John

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Lee" <> wrote in message

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable
    >> you
    >> to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates. Anyone
    >> with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC, regular
    >> phone....

    > Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or
    > somesuch for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this post
    > starts a conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just did!

    Indeed. Please read the charter for this group.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 18, 2005
  4. John

    digit Guest

    "John" <> wrote in news:428b1a0e$:

    > www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable
    > you to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates.
    > Anyone with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC,
    > regular phone
    > or cordless phone to make unlimited calls from anywhere to anywhere in
    > the U.S. , Canada, & up to 36 countries for one low monthly rate. The
    > Pay-as-you-go's call plans will meet users who prefer to go for the
    > low per minute International toll rates when needs arise. Manage your
    > account online,
    > Our voicemail will auto forward voicemail to your email as an
    > attachment when you are not available, forward call to any phone and
    > more. Talk smart with clear connections for a fraction of the cost of
    > regular long distance phone calls.
    >
    > Tired of using headphones and a computer! Just pick up a normal
    > touch-tone phone or cordless phone, dial a phone number and start
    > talking! Our broadband phones use the latest technology to send your
    > calls over the Internet to bring you the greatest features, save you
    > money and still give you stable, reliable phone service! Our call
    > servers support most Gateway systems and phone adaptors.
    >
    > Gateway2call offers home and business plans to meet all your needs.
    > Several plans include unlimited calling within the US and Canada. You
    > may choose a monthly plan that comes with free Incoming phone number
    > or a 800 number so you are always get connected any time anywhere from
    > any regular phone or mobile.
    >
    > Please visit www.gateway2call.com for more exciting features and call
    > plans, one will suit your personal or business needs.

    I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
    you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
    should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
    means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
    recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
    voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....
    digit, May 21, 2005
  5. John

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Charter: uk.telecom.voip (was Re: Enjoy Low cost blah de blah)

    Lee wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services
    >> enable you to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low
    >> rates. Anyone with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can
    >> use their PC, regular phone....

    > Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or
    > somesuch for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this
    > post starts a conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just
    > did!

    I tihnk it's about time I re-posted the group charter.

    CHARTER: uk.telecom.voip

    This group is for the discussion of topics relevant to:

    [1] Packet based voice and associated technologies including but not
    limited to Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame
    Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN).

    [2] Service providers for the above.

    [3] Hardware and software available for use with packet based voice
    and associated technology.

    Advertising is forbidden.

    Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are forbidden.
    Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which a pointer may be
    posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP) may be used where
    authentication is important and should be as short as possible.

    Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted
    messages are prohibited. To see how to make some common newsreaders comply
    with this, read <http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html>.

    Pointers to commercial or other web sites in signatures are permitted
    provided the message is on-topic. All signatures should be 4 lines or
    fewer and preceded by the customary usenet separator "-- " (dash, dash,
    space) on a line of its own.

    --
    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 21, 2005
  6. John

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:12:37 GMT, digit <> wrote:
    >I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
    >you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
    >should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
    >means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
    >recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
    >voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....

    Shame on them. How about this gem from their website:

    "We are pleased to announce the launch of our new 056 number range and
    also 0208 outer London Numbers as well as 0870 & 0845 numbers".

    --
    amos
    , May 21, 2005
  7. John

    Guest

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:27:10 +0100, lid wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:12:37 GMT, digit <> wrote:
    >>I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
    >>you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
    >>should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
    >>means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
    >>recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
    >>voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....

    >Shame on them. How about this gem from their website:
    >
    >"We are pleased to announce the launch of our new 056 number range and
    >also 0208 outer London Numbers as well as 0870 & 0845 numbers".

    At least Voipfone could teach Sipgate one hell of a lot about keeping
    a service active 24/7 and also maintaining a fully working voicemail
    service .
    , May 21, 2005
  8. Re: Charter: uk.telecom.voip (was Re: Enjoy Low cost blah de blah)

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Lee wrote:
    > > "John" <> wrote in message
    > >> www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services
    > >> enable you to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low
    > >> rates. Anyone with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can
    > >> use their PC, regular phone....

    > > Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or
    > > somesuch for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this
    > > post starts a conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just
    > > did!

    > I tihnk it's about time I re-posted the group charter.
    >
    > CHARTER: uk.telecom.voip
    >
    > This group is for the discussion of topics relevant to:
    >
    > [1] Packet based voice and associated technologies including but not
    > limited to Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame
    > Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN).
    >
    > [2] Service providers for the above.
    >
    > [3] Hardware and software available for use with packet based voice
    > and associated technology.
    >
    > Advertising is forbidden.
    >
    > Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are forbidden.
    > Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which a pointer may be
    > posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP) may be used where
    > authentication is important and should be as short as possible.
    >
    > Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted
    > messages are prohibited. To see how to make some common newsreaders comply
    > with this, read <http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html>.
    >
    > Pointers to commercial or other web sites in signatures are permitted
    > provided the message is on-topic. All signatures should be 4 lines or
    > fewer and preceded by the customary usenet separator "-- " (dash, dash,
    > space) on a line of its own.
    >
    > --
    > Ivor

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, May 26, 2005
  9. On the 20.05.05 at 23:12, digit <> wrote:

    [..]
    > I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
    > you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
    > should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
    > means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
    > recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
    > voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....

    Having just read what it says about this on their Web site, I'm not too
    sure exactly what they mean:

    ---------- 8< ----------
    The cost of calling 0208 819 81 81 is FREE because we don't answer it, we
    simple identify the number you are calling from and return your call at
    our advertised rate for that destination. You will be charged for both
    legs of the call, in other words you will pay for the cost of the call
    from our network to your mobile number as well as the cost of the call to
    the person you wish to speak with.
    ---------- 8< ----------

    A bit ambiguous in my opinion.

    --
    Martin
    Martin Foster, May 31, 2005
  10. Re: Enjoy Low cost high quality long distance Internet Phone calls that make sense

    Martin Foster wrote:
    > On the 20.05.05 at 23:12, digit <> wrote:
    >
    > [..]
    > > I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
    > > you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
    > > should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
    > > means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
    > > recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
    > > voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....

    > Having just read what it says about this on their Web site, I'm not too
    > sure exactly what they mean:
    >
    > ---------- 8< ----------
    > The cost of calling 0208 819 81 81 is FREE because we don't answer it, we
    > simple identify the number you are calling from and return your call at
    > our advertised rate for that destination. You will be charged for both
    > legs of the call, in other words you will pay for the cost of the call
    > from our network to your mobile number as well as the cost of the call to
    > the person you wish to speak with.
    >
    > A bit ambiguous in my opinion.
    >
    > --
    > Martin

    I use it and it works very well and saves me a buck or two they have
    just put up a new page with some more info
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Free_Access_Call_Back.php

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Jun 1, 2005