    the enhanced type and how can you tell which you have. motherboard book
    doesn't say anything either way. thanks

    andrew

    AndyPaul, Jan 1, 2004

  2. AndyPaul

    Thor Guest

    Enhanced IDE was a marketing term introduced by Western Digital, and it
    basically applied to the newer ATA standards that support ATAPI command
    extensions, larger storage support, etc. If your system supports IDE CDROM
    drives, then it can probably use a device labelled as "enhanced IDE". But,
    it's no guarantee since depending on what kind of hardware you recieved, it
    still may not be compatible.

    "AndyPaul" <> wrote in message
    > i received some hardware for christmas and states it want enhanced ide.

    my
    > computer is kinda old and was wondering whats the differance between ide

    and

    Thor, Jan 1, 2004