Enhance security in big cisco switched network

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by grzybek, May 30, 2005.

  1. grzybek

    grzybek Guest

    Hi,
    What is your experience with enhance
    security in a big network in physically
    issue.

    I mean to protect network from undesirable
    laptops or user's computers from home etc.

    I consider apply something like 802.1x or
    VMPS.
    I have DHCP as well in each VLAN.

    There is many disadvantage in each proposal
    and I don't know what will be the best solution.

    { example:
    in VMPS very, very big list of MAC addresses,
    similar problem to block MACs in DHCP )
    in 802.1x - someone can write his password
    in his laptop ( in MD-chalange ver. )
    }

    Has anyone implemented something like that
    in your netowrk ?

    Any suggestions ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,