    [​IMG]
    "The Enermax Whisper II 535W PSU has exceptional quality power & this is crucial for today's high power computer requirements. There are 2 very quiet 80mm fans & plenty of leads supporting all the latest hardware. Additionally, it's an NVIDIA SLi certified product which hardcore gamers require. This is a no-nonsense Power Supply that delivers! Watch the Video to find out more..." ~3dGameMan.com
    Direct URL: http://www.3dgameman.com/vr/maxpoint/535W_psu/video_review.html
    Silverstrand, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Why do people spend so much money on just a PSU? Even if it has got some funky features, is it worth spending a crapload more just to make it glow blue, or be quieter, or whatever the hell you want it to do? I can understand if you need a grunty ass power supply to actually run everything in your computer, but if you don't need that much power, why bother getting all these other features? Oh well, each to his own i suppose.
    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    well, PSU is the heart and the sole of the whole system. To be honest, I really didn't realize how important the PSU is until I had an upgrade that ruined a whole system. since then I know that a good psu is extremely important. It's not the wattage but teh quality of teh psu. Agood psu can really deliever enough power with high end stuff even it's a bit less wattage than crappy psu. If you do'nt have a good PSU, you never know if things will go wrong.
    PUTALE, Sep 2, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    and to make what he just said very complex for all the complex ppl :D
    we get a simple formula... Watt = Volts x Amps
    Current is Mesaured in Amps.
    Cables have a Max Amp rating, and so do cicuit boards... they are rated at what the max current is, current is the thing which makes heat if u didn't already know. If metal gets over heated it melts right?
    now thats the first part done...
    to bring the Amps down but still keep the wattage we use high voltage... so if u want say 100 watts from a 1volt source u would need 100amps(mind u thats TONS) if u got a 10volt source u would only need 10amps...
    hope that explained it in complexitity
    unholy, Sep 2, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    PUTALE