    charges individual AA and AAA batteries as well.

    Energizer might have replaced the prior model CH30MN, prefixing "CP4"
    to the part number.
    John Doe, Jan 7, 2005

  2. John Doe

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns95D7A6BA57215wisdomfolly@151.164.30.42...
    >I have had the inexpensive Energizer CH30MN AA and AAA NiMH battery
    > charger since March 2004. It charges AA batteries OK, but not AAA
    > batteries. Apparently if the AAA batteries are not fully discharged,
    > the charger won't work. Maybe it is getting worse. You insert a AAA
    > battery in one of the four slots, wait a few seconds until the light
    > starts flashing to tell you that it's not going to work. So you take it
    > out and insert it in another slot, and wait until the blinking starts
    > again. And so on. I just bought the Duracell CEF80NC version which
    > takes one hour instead of 30 minutes, but Glory Be if it works. It
    > charges individual AA and AAA batteries as well.
    >
    > Energizer might have replaced the prior model CH30MN, prefixing "CP4"
    > to the part number.

    Funny you should mention that, I was pretending that it wasn't happening,
    that I was hallucinating again. Once in a while, it acts up on a perfectly
    good battery. Taking it out and putting it back in eventually makes it
    happy. Must be female......
    Rudy Benner, Jan 7, 2005

  3. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "Rudy Benner" <> wrote:

    >Funny you should mention that, I was pretending that it wasn't
    >happening, that I was hallucinating again. Once in a while, it acts
    >up on a perfectly good battery. Taking it out and putting it back
    >in eventually makes it happy.

    Apparently a physically and electrically bad design. Besides not
    being able to charge my AAA batteries, the Energizer CH30MN thirty
    minute charger tore them up physically too.

    I bought the Duracell one hour charger at Wal-Mart USA for $25. I am
    really enjoying the fact that it works.

    --
    Thanks for the confirmation.
    John Doe, Jan 21, 2005