    charging from a 12VDC source.

    Anyone seen or used one of these?

    SM

    Squirrel, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Squirrel

    Don Coon Guest

    http://data.energizer.com/batteryin...ccessories/rechargeableaccessories_chrger.htm

    > Charge current is 4 Amps! Datasheet says "Batteries may become hot to
    > touch while charging", gee I wonder why? I haven't seen this in stores
    > or online. Looks like it's made for the model RC world - very fast
    > charging from a 12VDC source.
    >
    > Anyone seen or used one of these?
    >
    > SM

    Very interesting. Claims to be a smart charger with all the right language
    supporting the claim. Monitors each of 4 batteries separately. Can handle
    1 to 4 batteries -- AA or AAA. Wonder what the price is.

    Don Coon, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Squirrel

    Matt Guest

    "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    > Was at Energizer's site and noticed the CH30MN 30 minute charger:

    http://data.energizer.com/batteryin...ccessories/rechargeableaccessories_chrger.htm

    > Charge current is 4 Amps! Datasheet says "Batteries may become hot to
    > touch while charging", gee I wonder why? I haven't seen this in stores
    > or online. Looks like it's made for the model RC world - very fast
    > charging from a 12VDC source.
    >
    > Anyone seen or used one of these?

    I think this charger pretty much debunks the claim that quick-charging kills
    or ruins your NIMH batteries. Thats because with the proper charger and
    high-quality NIMH batteries, NIMH's can take quite a bit of heat. For all
    those who swear by slow charging and don't understand exactly how NIMH
    batteries/chargers operate, it's time to go back to school....and buy a good
    quick charger. : )

    Matt, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Squirrel

    ajacobs2 Guest

    They had them at Sams for 28 dollars and included four 1850 batteries.... I
    have a hunch Varta might be involved here as they were chatting at the PMA
    last FEB about 30 minute chargers that pulse. Might be their technology....

    I'd rather have a MAHA 777 PLus and do up to twelve batteries for my
    adjustable powerpacks in slightly over an hour and not burn the house down.
    It's the same old problem. someone will buy that charger and put older Nimh
    in it....thats the part that I don't like.

    ajacobs2, Aug 15, 2003