    Thought this was odd because I've never heard of Wal-Mart
    selling them before.
    , Nov 30, 2007

  2. Morton Guest

    wrote:
    > Just bought four AA Eneloops with Sanyo charger for $19.87
    >
    > Thought this was odd because I've never heard of Wal-Mart
    > selling them before.

    Hi,

    For about that price, Costco gives you 8 AA and 4 AAA and 2 each of C,
    and D shells, plus the charger of course, all Eneloops, in a neat hard
    plastic carrying case.

    Morton
    Morton, Dec 1, 2007

  3. Allen Guest

    Morton wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Just bought four AA Eneloops with Sanyo charger for $19.87
    >>
    >> Thought this was odd because I've never heard of Wal-Mart selling
    >> them before.

    > Hi,
    >
    > For about that price, Costco gives you 8 AA and 4 AAA and 2 each of C,
    > and D shells, plus the charger of course, all Eneloops, in a neat hard
    > plastic carrying case.
    >
    > Morton

    I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
    sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
    out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
    plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
    as I'm concerned.
    Allen
    Allen, Dec 1, 2007
  4. Guest

    >> Morton

    >I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
    >sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
    >out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
    >plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
    >as I'm concerned.
    >Allen

    The plastic carrying case is for safely storing your batteries when in
    your camera bag or in your pocket with your keys. Multiple AA
    batteries tumbling about in a pocket could make a unwanted connection.
    , Dec 1, 2007
  5. Allen Guest

    wrote:
    >>> Morton

    >> I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
    >> sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
    >> out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
    >> plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
    >> as I'm concerned.
    >> Allen

    > The plastic carrying case is for safely storing your batteries when in
    > your camera bag or in your pocket with your keys. Multiple AA
    > batteries tumbling about in a pocket could make a unwanted connection.

    The case is (in inches) 8.5 x 7.5 x1.5. Quite a large pocket needed for
    that. And how often would you need 8 AAs, 4 AAAs, 2 D-cell converters, 2
    C-cell converters and a charger IN YOUR POCKET or IN YOUR CAMERA BAG?
    Allen
    Allen, Dec 1, 2007
  6. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    >>> Morton

    >> I took advantage of the Costco coupon, making the cost $19.99 (plus
    >> sales tax). I just installed four yesterday and am interested in finding
    >> out how they compare with the Rayovac Hybrids. But why, oh why, the
    >> plastic carrying case? Just something to recycle or throw away, as far
    >> as I'm concerned.
    >> Allen

    > The plastic carrying case is for safely storing your batteries when in
    > your camera bag or in your pocket with your keys. Multiple AA
    > batteries tumbling about in a pocket could make a unwanted connection.

    And if that unwanted connection happened in your pocket, it could be
    painful. Experience speaks!
    Ron Hunter, Dec 1, 2007