    net price $19.99. Although I have a couple of sets of Rayovac hybrids, I
    may have to take advantage of this deal.
    Allen
    Allen, Nov 18, 2007

  2. Allen

    Morton Guest

    Allen wrote:
    > As I was leaving Costco (north Austin TX) yesterday I was handed a
    > coupon booklet good for Nov. 23-25. One is good for $6 off on their
    > Eneloop kit that has been discussed here almost ad infinitum, making the
    > net price $19.99. Although I have a couple of sets of Rayovac hybrids, I
    > may have to take advantage of this deal.
    > Allen

    That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.

    Morton
    Morton, Nov 19, 2007

  3. Allen

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:06:27 -0500, Morton <> wrote:

    >Allen wrote:
    >> As I was leaving Costco (north Austin TX) yesterday I was handed a
    >> coupon booklet good for Nov. 23-25. One is good for $6 off on their
    >> Eneloop kit that has been discussed here almost ad infinitum, making the
    >> net price $19.99. Although I have a couple of sets of Rayovac hybrids, I
    >> may have to take advantage of this deal.
    >> Allen

    >That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    > two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.
    >
    >Morton

    I don't know if you are suggesting that Eneloops are made in C and D
    but I believe they are not.
    , Nov 19, 2007
  4. Allen

    Allen Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:06:27 -0500, Morton <> wrote:
    >
    >> Allen wrote:
    >>> As I was leaving Costco (north Austin TX) yesterday I was handed a
    >>> coupon booklet good for Nov. 23-25. One is good for $6 off on their
    >>> Eneloop kit that has been discussed here almost ad infinitum, making the
    >>> net price $19.99. Although I have a couple of sets of Rayovac hybrids, I
    >>> may have to take advantage of this deal.
    >>> Allen

    >> That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    >> two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.
    >>
    >> Morton

    > I don't know if you are suggesting that Eneloops are made in C and D
    > but I believe they are not.

    He said "shells", not batteries. They are C- and D- size shells that
    hold AAs. I've never tried them, but there have been several posts
    indicating that they work, at least in some devices.
    Allen
    Allen, Nov 19, 2007
  5. Allen

    Carl_Jostin Guest

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:32:46 -0600, Allen <> wrote:

    > wrote:

    >>> That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    >>> two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.
    >>>
    >>> Morton

    >> I don't know if you are suggesting that Eneloops are made in C and D
    >> but I believe they are not.

    >He said "shells", not batteries. They are C- and D- size shells that
    >hold AAs. I've never tried them, but there have been several posts
    >indicating that they work, at least in some devices.
    >Allen

    When heading out on extended (read more than 1 month) photo-treks into rugged
    and remote areas I carry 4 sets of nested shells that will allow the use of AAA,
    AA, and C, all the way up to D. Got them from some surplus company many years
    ago for $1 a set. They've been real handy at times. Sure beats wrapping the
    batteries in corrugated cardboard and jamming in a lump of crumpled
    aluminum-foil to make up the length difference. You do what you need to do in an
    emergency. They won't hold the charge that the full-sized cells will but it's
    nice to have that backup. Then too, many manufacturers in the past have wrapped
    a rechargeable AA sized cell in D and C sized packaging. I noticed this when I
    compared their mAh ratings in the past on old NiCd batteries. The C and D NiCds
    didn't have any more capacity than AAs. I'll bet many of the NiMH AAs of today
    easily beat the capacity of the NiHM C and D cells of the past.

    I just realized, I can use those to power my new AA camera with AAAs. I should
    put them in my camera bag too. Since all my LED lamps while out mountain-biking
    use AAAs, I carry many extras of those in the saddle-bags because I'm often
    heading back well after sunset, sometimes just traveling around all night
    looking for wildlife shots until morning. (To preemptively correct the minds of
    those with only urban and internet experience, do not misconstrue this for
    peeping-tomism. There's only a few houses within many miles, and none of the
    people in them are the least bit interesting enough to bother photographing.)
    Carl_Jostin, Nov 19, 2007
  6. Allen

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:06:27 -0500, Morton <> wrote:
    >
    >> Allen wrote:
    >>> As I was leaving Costco (north Austin TX) yesterday I was handed a
    >>> coupon booklet good for Nov. 23-25. One is good for $6 off on their
    >>> Eneloop kit that has been discussed here almost ad infinitum, making the
    >>> net price $19.99. Although I have a couple of sets of Rayovac hybrids, I
    >>> may have to take advantage of this deal.
    >>> Allen

    >> That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    >> two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.
    >>
    >> Morton

    > I don't know if you are suggesting that Eneloops are made in C and D
    > but I believe they are not.

    Note he said 'shells', not 'cells'. They make holders for the AA
    batteries that can be used in applications intended for C and D
    batteries. Not necessarily feasible, but possible.
    Ron Hunter, Nov 19, 2007
  7. Allen

    John Sheehy Guest

    Morton <> wrote in news:Zj50j.439$:

    > That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    > two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.

    It doesn't charge batteries independently though, which leads to batteries
    failing to fully charge because their partner already has. Always have a
    good charger that charges batteries independently, like the Lacrosse Alpha
    900. It can also intelligently condition batteries to regain lost
    capacity. I've had batteries that wouldn't take more than 700 mAH, and let
    the Alpha do its work and it they got back up to 1800 to 2000 mAH again!

    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    John Sheehy, Nov 20, 2007
  8. On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:24:40 GMT, John Sheehy <> wrote:

    >Morton <> wrote in news:Zj50j.439$:
    >
    >> That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    >> two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.

    >It doesn't charge batteries independently though, which leads to batteries
    >failing to fully charge because their partner already has. Always have a
    >good charger that charges batteries independently, like the Lacrosse Alpha
    >900. It can also intelligently condition batteries to regain lost
    >capacity. I've had batteries that wouldn't take more than 700 mAH, and let
    >the Alpha do its work and it they got back up to 1800 to 2000 mAH again!

    That's why this one is such a good deal. I've never heard one bad thing about it
    or all the times I've seen it recommended. Been meaning to get one just to see.

    http://www.greenbatteries.com/nibachwilcdd.html

    No sense paying for those name-brands that don't provide anything more, and
    often less. But that Eneloops deal is pretty sweet for all those batteries even
    if you don't stick with that charger. Use it as a backup for when you need to do
    lots of sets as fast as you can from an extended photo session. You can always
    replace batteries, but the photo-moment might be lost forever.
    willie thorne, Nov 20, 2007
  9. John Sheehy wrote:
    > Morton <> wrote in news:Zj50j.439$:
    >
    >> That's a good deal as it includes a small charger, eight AAs, four AAAs,
    >> two C shells, and 2 D shells, all in a neat hard plastic case.

    > It doesn't charge batteries independently though,

    It does charge each battery independently. I have three of these
    chargers, and often charge one or three batteries.

    You can see the manual at
    "http://www.eneloopusa.com/pdf/4_Position_Charger_IS.pdf", no where does
    it mention charging in pairs.
    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 20, 2007
  10. Allen

    John Sheehy Guest

    =?UTF-8?B?U01TIOaWr+iSguaWh+KAoiDlpI8=?= <>
    wrote in news:474267e6$0$79904$:

    > You can see the manual at
    > "http://www.eneloopusa.com/pdf/4_Position_Charger_IS.pdf", no where
    > does it mention charging in pairs.

    I just bought the Costco Eneloop pack, and the charger that came with it
    only charges in pairs. 4 battery slots; 2 charge lights, and it takes two
    batteries for the charge light to come on.

    I bought the pack only because the price was reasonable without considering
    the charger.

    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    John Sheehy, Jan 7, 2008
  11. Allen

    SMS Guest

    John Sheehy wrote:
    > =?UTF-8?B?U01TIOaWr+iSguaWh+KAoiDlpI8=?= <>
    > wrote in news:474267e6$0$79904$:
    >
    >> You can see the manual at
    >> "http://www.eneloopusa.com/pdf/4_Position_Charger_IS.pdf", no where
    >> does it mention charging in pairs.

    > I just bought the Costco Eneloop pack, and the charger that came with it
    > only charges in pairs. 4 battery slots; 2 charge lights, and it takes two
    > batteries for the charge light to come on.
    >
    > I bought the pack only because the price was reasonable without considering
    > the charger.

    They must have changed the charger. I have four of the Costco kits, and
    all the chargers have only one light (dual color), and they all charge
    individual cells just fine.

    The model on the chargers I have is NC-MQNO5U.
    SMS, Jan 7, 2008
  12. Allen

    SMS Guest

    SMS wrote:
    > John Sheehy wrote:
    >> =?UTF-8?B?U01TIOaWr+iSguaWh+KAoiDlpI8=?= <>
    >> wrote in news:474267e6$0$79904$:
    >>> You can see the manual at
    >>> "http://www.eneloopusa.com/pdf/4_Position_Charger_IS.pdf", no where
    >>> does it mention charging in pairs.

    >> I just bought the Costco Eneloop pack, and the charger that came with
    >> it only charges in pairs. 4 battery slots; 2 charge lights, and it
    >> takes two batteries for the charge light to come on.
    >>
    >> I bought the pack only because the price was reasonable without
    >> considering the charger.
    >>

    > They must have changed the charger. I have four of the Costco kits, and
    > all the chargers have only one light (dual color), and they all charge
    > individual cells just fine.
    >
    > The model on the chargers I have is NC-MQNO5U.

    I was in Costco today, and I saw that they _have_ changed the charger in
    the kit. The new one has the two LEDs, and presumably it only charges in
    pairs.
    SMS, Jan 8, 2008
  13. Allen

    John Sheehy Guest

    SMS <> wrote in news:478253ff$0$84233
    $:

    > They must have changed the charger. I have four of the Costco kits, and
    > all the chargers have only one light (dual color), and they all charge
    > individual cells just fine.

    > The model on the chargers I have is NC-MQNO5U.

    MQN06 here.

    --

    John P Sheehy <>
    John Sheehy, Mar 1, 2008