Ending program - o

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by soup, Nov 22, 2004.

  1. soup

    soup Guest

    Do not know if that is the letter o or the number 0
    think it is the letter o (compare to the letter w used later).

    When I press "Turn off" sometimes I get this and I
    have to physically press "End now" to get the computer
    to shut down, at first I thought it was to do with having
    WMP9 running but the ending program screen can
    appear whether WMP9 is running or not also whether
    WMP9 is running or not , sometimes the system can
    just shut down same goes for having other users logged on
    i.e. it doesn't seem to affect the shutdown whether or not
    WMP9 is playing or if anyone else is logged on.
    Got quite excited when I saw an earlier post but that
    was talking about "ending program - w" .

    Has happened before now that I think the computer
    is switching off only to realise twenty minutes later that
    the system fans are still running on switching the monitor
    back on find that the system is waiting for me to input
    "end now" is there a way to ensure that the systen
    switches off automatically (as it does 50% of the time)?
    --
    yours S

    soup, Nov 22, 2004

  2. soup

    Rob Beech Guest

    "soup" <> wrote in message

    > Do not know if that is the letter o or the number 0
    > think it is the letter o (compare to the letter w used later).
    >
    > When I press "Turn off" sometimes I get this and I
    > have to physically press "End now" to get the computer
    > to shut down, at first I thought it was to do with having
    > WMP9 running but the ending program screen can
    > appear whether WMP9 is running or not also whether
    > WMP9 is running or not , sometimes the system can
    > just shut down same goes for having other users logged on
    > i.e. it doesn't seem to affect the shutdown whether or not
    > WMP9 is playing or if anyone else is logged on.
    > Got quite excited when I saw an earlier post but that
    > was talking about "ending program - w" .
    >
    > Has happened before now that I think the computer
    > is switching off only to realise twenty minutes later that
    > the system fans are still running on switching the monitor
    > back on find that the system is waiting for me to input
    > "end now" is there a way to ensure that the systen
    > switches off automatically (as it does 50% of the time)?
    > --
    > yours S
    >
    > Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
    >
    > It will be a program running in the bakground that is failing to close.

    It shoudl say in the title bar of you end now box what the rpogrma is.
    If you dont need th program running try and stop it starting up with
    windows.
    Either in your startup directory on teh start menu or by running MSCONFIG
    from your RUN menu on the start menu.

    Sometimes the computer will give the program 10 seconds or so to end then it
    will close it automatically. unfortunatly it can't do this with soem
    programs

    Rob

    Rob Beech, Nov 22, 2004

  3. soup

    ibmommy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    it seems that in 4 years, we're the only 2 people to have seen this, but I've got it too.....In the title bar. All scans are coming back clean, nothing seems wrong, just curious if anyone can advise.

    ibmommy, Mar 28, 2008
  4. soup

    blacksheepradio

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Ending Program - 0

    Ending Program - 0
    I'm having the same problem.

    blacksheepradio, Oct 24, 2008
  5. soup

    VBBlueeyes48

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Shutdown delayed due to Program O running

    I have had this challenge for a few months. I have deleted IE6 and ran for a few days without it or OE.
    Re-Installed IE and OE runs well for a week or so, then it starts in with not running. I deleted the short-cut and ran it from progreams, and it seemed to work for awhile. But give it time and it is back.
    Someone out there has to know what is creating this.

    Thanks.

    VBBlueeyes48, Nov 10, 2008