    Is there a way of preventing this from happening?
    Thanks
    CC:-(
    cheekycharlie, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Don't shut it down :)
    "cheekycharlie" <> wrote in message
    news:c5obun$15i$...
    > Hi
    > When I shut down my PC, I sometimes get an alert which reads: END

    PROGRAM -
    > Iexplore.ex
    > This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status

    of
    > the program, click cancel.
    > If you choose to end the program you will lose any unsaved data. To end

    the

    Jackjlkjlkj532, Apr 16, 2004

  3. cheekycharlie

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:19:04 +0000 (UTC), "cheekycharlie"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >When I shut down my PC, I sometimes get an alert which reads: END PROGRAM -
    >Iexplore.ex
    >This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status of
    >the program, click cancel.
    >If you choose to end the program you will lose any unsaved data. To end the
    >program now click END NOW.
    >
    >Is there a way of preventing this from happening?
    >Thanks
    >CC:-(

    I've seen that quite often after completing a Windows Update.
    Just close IE first, then shutdown.
    Unk, Apr 16, 2004

    http://mozilla.org

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    The Ugliest Cars (mildly adult): http://snipurl.com/ugliest
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 16, 2004
  5. Not sure if your question has been answered, but if not, try: ctrl + alt +
    delete....this will bring you to a screen where you click task
    manager...from there you can end a program which is not responding.

    christina anderson, Apr 17, 2004